Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 306

Thread: One man's ObamaCare nightmare[W:51]

  1. #131
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: One man's ObamaCare nightmare

    Nothing is free. Where do you draw the line when it comes to giveaways by the government.....Should the government provide you with a job, with a car, with a home, with food? Liberals think they entitled to all these perks...Somebody has to pay for all these free giveaways.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #132
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,696

    Re: One man's ObamaCare nightmare

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    if you want an article, I can certainly cite many.

    You can certainly start here for an overview of misinformation:

    PolitiFact | Health Care statements

    Hey look, a thing you read. These fact checks are becoming the shorthand for lazy arguments on all sides and in no way represent the truth on any given point.

    I always love when politifact uses estimates from government agencies to show someone is not telling the "truth". Or entries like this one:

    whatevs.jpg

    For one, the program isn't even up and running yet so how can politi"fact" sort it out? Well, they try their hardest to define the terms for Obama, of course! "Stronger, better, more secure" was redefined as "helpful" so they could count stuff like insuring adults until they are 26 years old on their parents plan .. which is really not helpful at all unless you are one of the 26 year old sponges.

    They also count the "pre-existing conditions" provision in the "helpful" category but forget to mention the limitations on that provision, or the fact that even though the provision only enrolled less than a third of the original estimate, it is already running out of money.

    In other words, they grant Obama the "truth" on the emotional feel of these provisions but fail to dig into the provisions themselves and whether they actually function.

    For some, this would be good place:

    Health Care Reform and Medicare Myths vs. Facts - AARP

    So we start off this thread with people shooting the OP because the guy highlighted in the piece was an employee of an AARP competitor.... now you provide an AARP source as the "truth". It's baloney.

    Look at how they word things in that supposed fact check.

    MYTH 1: The new law cuts Medicare drastically, so I won't be able to get quality health care.

    The Affordable Care Act (ACA) in fact prohibits cuts to guaranteed Medicare benefits. There are provisions in the law to help curb the soaring costs of Medicare, but savings will come from reining in unreasonable payments to providers.


    What is "unreasonable"? What guarantees that the provider will continue providing the service for a reduced rate? It's political double speak.

    In other words: "No, ACA won't be cutting benefits! It will only cut payments to providers! THEY will cut your benefits!" What utter twaddle...




    For an academic view, you can start here:

    http://www.dartmouth.edu/~nyhan/heal...nformation.pdf

    Just let me know what you ant to know.

    You have provided a scholarly work about the role of misinformation in politics that touches on the ACA, but was published just a few weeks after the ACA was passed and YEARS before the program would be implemented. So what "misinformation" can there be about the effects of a program that is years away from being implemented? Nancy Pelosi hadn't even read it yet!

  3. #133
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    11-03-13 @ 04:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    376

    Re: One man's ObamaCare nightmare

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Beah? What unit were you in? What did you do in the military? What branch? Officer, or enlisted?
    I have no issue with posting my gross income year over year. Takes me all of 10 minutes to go into my gun room and get page 1 from each year. I put them in a stack each year when my accountant sends me my copy. I guarantee I pay more in taxes than you make in a year, and more probably pay twice in taxes than you make in a year. You get the board owner or a lawyer to take a bet and I will forward my SSN and copies, and I will put $100K on the bet that says I pay more in taxes than you claim as your gross income. Put up or shut up.

    First I enlisted in Utah while in college and upon graduation from my undergrad moved back to CT and I was in the 103rd TCS in Orange CT and a 3POX1. I was called to active for Desert Shield / Desert Storm. I was then in the 94th Airlift at Dobbins ARB for 11 years. From there I moved back to NY (where I was born) and transferred into the 174th. Earlier this year I separated and went into the USAF Civil Air Patrol and I am learning how to fly Cessna 182's. CAP is at the 174th with the NY-135 and that's how I got turned on to CAP. I am in the NY-176.

    You don't even have a clue what "independently wealthy is" because you are poor. It basically means you have enough in the bank to retire. I don't. I need my money to double one more time (and god willing I can double it twice). I waste time on boards because I am between client contracts. The only silliness here is food stamp licking armchair quarterbacks such as yourself that think you are carrying the weight of America with your laughable $30K or $60K salary. I have made more than that in a week back when SAP contracts paid $350/hr. Now they pay much less than that; but I have made upwards of $180K in a month before and I doubt highly you have ever made anywhere near that. That's why I have no problem making a $100K bet that you are a whining little nothing that actually doesn't carry anyone with your taxes. So before you go off again telling me how I want something for nothing, you better clue the heck in and realize I just want something back for all the money I spent carrying the likes of your sorry butt.

  4. #134
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: One man's ObamaCare nightmare

    Quote Originally Posted by Snappo View Post
    I have no issue with posting my gross income year over year. Takes me all of 10 minutes to go into my gun room and get page 1 from each year. I put them in a stack each year when my accountant sends me my copy. I guarantee I pay more in taxes than you make in a year, and more probably pay twice in taxes than you make in a year. You get the board owner or a lawyer to take a bet and I will forward my SSN and copies, and I will put $100K on the bet that says I pay more in taxes than you claim as your gross income. Put up or shut up.

    First I enlisted in Utah while in college and upon graduation from my undergrad moved back to CT and I was in the 103rd TCS in Orange CT and a 3POX1. I was called to active for Desert Shield / Desert Storm. I was then in the 94th Airlift at Dobbins ARB for 11 years. From there I moved back to NY (where I was born) and transferred into the 174th. Earlier this year I separated and went into the USAF Civil Air Patrol and I am learning how to fly Cessna 182's. CAP is at the 174th with the NY-135 and that's how I got turned on to CAP. I am in the NY-176.

    You don't even have a clue what "independently wealthy is" because you are poor. It basically means you have enough in the bank to retire. I don't. I need my money to double one more time (and god willing I can double it twice). I waste time on boards because I am between client contracts. The only silliness here is food stamp licking armchair quarterbacks such as yourself that think you are carrying the weight of America with your laughable $30K or $60K salary. I have made more than that in a week back when SAP contracts paid $350/hr. Now they pay much less than that; but I have made upwards of $180K in a month before and I doubt highly you have ever made anywhere near that. That's why I have no problem making a $100K bet that you are a whining little nothing that actually doesn't carry anyone with your taxes. So before you go off again telling me how I want something for nothing, you better clue the heck in and realize I just want something back for all the money I spent carrying the likes of your sorry butt.
    I hate it when someone in DP brags about how wealthy he or she is.......As far as JMAC goes you are clueless about his income.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  5. #135
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    11-03-13 @ 04:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    376

    Re: One man's ObamaCare nightmare

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Nothing is free. Where do you draw the line when it comes to giveaways by the government.....Should the government provide you with a job, with a car, with a home, with food? Liberals think they entitled to all these perks...Somebody has to pay for all these free giveaways.
    And the whiners that are at the bottom of the food chain always cry the loudest when those of us that pay out the nose for giveaways want something back for once. That pisses me the heck off. The top 10% of wage earners in USA pay something like 90% of the taxes. We get robbed because we don't have enough voting power. If people got one vote for each $1K they paid in taxes that would be much fairer and things would change in USA for the better. My wife makes one stupid COBRA payment late and now I can't get coverage and have to worry about getting Tricare or Obamacare. And I have to hear from losers saying Obamacare should be repealed because it might affect the $5K or $10K they pay in taxes each year. I get stuck paying that every month in taxes and it's about time someone in Washington gave back something. These insurance companies make money hand over fist; and while that may be fine for my mutual funds it's still a ripoff that they charge $1K to $2K a month and most of your life these companies give you absolutely nothing for it. Peace of mind at best and not even that. If I do one $100 well care visit a year to my MD that's a lot. And a tooth cleaning. Big whoop. I pay what - $15K a year for that? I'm reading Obamacare is going to be $350 a month for the same quality of service. Seems legit to me.

  6. #136
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    11-03-13 @ 04:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    376

    Re: One man's ObamaCare nightmare

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I hate it when someone in DP brags about how wealthy he or she is.......As far as JMAC goes you are clueless about his income.
    Who cares what you hate. Tell your little buddy to put his wallet where his big fat mouth is. If he is really carrying folks like he says he is, he should have no problem coughing up page 1 of his 1040's for the past 10 or 20 years. Then we would know he was really carrying people and he would get an apology. Until then, it's me carrying him and he is a liar.

  7. #137
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: One man's ObamaCare nightmare

    Quote Originally Posted by Snappo View Post
    And the whiners that are at the bottom of the food chain always cry the loudest when those of us that pay out the nose for giveaways want something back for once. That pisses me the heck off. The top 10% of wage earners in USA pay something like 90% of the taxes. We get robbed because we don't have enough voting power. If people got one vote for each $1K they paid in taxes that would be much fairer and things would change in USA for the better. My wife makes one stupid COBRA payment late and now I can't get coverage and have to worry about getting Tricare or Obamacare. And I have to hear from losers saying Obamacare should be repealed because it might affect the $5K or $10K they pay in taxes each year. I get stuck paying that every month in taxes and it's about time someone in Washington gave back something. These insurance companies make money hand over fist; and while that may be fine for my mutual funds it's still a ripoff that they charge $1K to $2K a month and most of your life these companies give you absolutely nothing for it. Peace of mind at best and not even that. If I do one $100 well care visit a year to my MD that's a lot. And a tooth cleaning. Big whoop. I pay what - $15K a year for that? I'm reading Obamacare is going to be $350 a month for the same quality of service. Seems legit to me.
    If it were me I would not believe anything that snake oil salesman tells you.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  8. #138
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: One man's ObamaCare nightmare

    Quote Originally Posted by Snappo View Post
    Who cares what you hate. Tell your little buddy to put his wallet where his big fat mouth is. If he is really carrying folks like he says he is, he should have no problem coughing up page 1 of his 1040's for the past 10 or 20 years. Then we would know he was really carrying people and he would get an apology. Until then, it's me carrying him and he is a liar.


    Another lefty hiding as a Libertarian.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  9. #139
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    11-03-13 @ 04:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    376

    Re: One man's ObamaCare nightmare

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    If it were me I would not believe anything that snake oil salesman tells you.
    It ain't you. And I'm thinking that Associated Press ad Reuters aren't liars. In 6 days I am eligible for Obamacare instead of doing Tricare Standard or giving BCBS $20K a year. I know I won't get any kind of subsidy and I don't want one - I just want some insurance company to have to insure me, my wife, and the five kids I still have under age 25 (minus the one son who is USMC) and not beat me out of $1.5K to $2K a month and yet tell me they aren't gonna pay for my wife's diabetes medicine.

    Obamacare's average monthly cost across U.S.: $328
    Reuters - Americans will pay an average premium of $328 monthly for a mid-tier health insurance plan when the Obamacare health exchanges open for enrollment next week

  10. #140
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    11-03-13 @ 04:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    376

    Re: One man's ObamaCare nightmare

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Another lefty hiding as a Libertarian.
    No way you were in USN. In USN you have to be able to read and comprehend. Your ASVAB's wouldn't have been high enough for you to get in. Maybe you think you were USN because you saw Popeye on TV at the orphanage. But here in the real world, your little buddy should put up or shut up. And it's funny to see a GOPtard who believes in skydaddies going after Libertarians and thinking he can insult them by saying they are DNC. I would be surprised if you even know what those three parties were. I'm already shocked you found out how to operate a web browser.

Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •