Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 82

Thread: Lower Health Insurance Premiums to Come at Cost of Fewer Choices

  1. #41
    Guru
    Samhain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern Ohio
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 04:46 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,873

    Re: Lower Health Insurance Premiums to Come at Cost of Fewer Choices

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    It is wrong.

    PolitiFact Texas | Cruz claim about fewer Americans with employer-backed health plans cherry-picks and misinterprets Congressional Budget Office figure

    Here is the CBO report: http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/fil...getOutlook.pdf

    Here is the chart that 7 million comes from: http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/fil...ageEffects.pdf

    Lets look at a couple key things from that chart. Currently, 154 million get insurance through employer. Next year, 155. Then 157, then 160. In point of fact, more people will be getting insurance through their employer than currently. What the chart shows is that by 2021 7 million fewer people will get insurance through an employer than if the law had not been enacted. So, more people getting insurance through employer than now, and the 7 million is the difference between the law currently and if ACA had not been enacted, over 10 years. Note that in fact the chart does not say people will lose their insurance from an employer.
    Will the CBO re-score the law in regards to the 30-hr work week requirement?

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: Lower Health Insurance Premiums to Come at Cost of Fewer Choices

    Yea let's have the Government run and ration your HC

    What could possibly go wrong?

    Kathleen Sebelius: some will live and some will die - Baltimore Political Buzz | Examiner.com

    NHS millions for controversial care pathway - Telegraph

    The majority of NHS hospitals in England are being given financial rewards for placing terminally-ill patients on a controversial “pathway” to death, it can be disclosed

  3. #43
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Lower Health Insurance Premiums to Come at Cost of Fewer Choices

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Government's historical track record isn't very good that's true. Which is why I would rather any other healthcare system than a Federally mandated one, but, it's the law so now we all have a **** sandwich to eat until the system (hopefully) fails which will require a full overhaul. Until then, unfortunately many thousands will be hurt at no fault of their own. When Europeans said American's were stupid in the past, I always defended my fellow countrymen - I now must retreat from that defense and seriously consider American's and specifically politicians who supported the (non) Affordable Care Act as being very stupid as are the people who support those politicians.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  4. #44
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Lower Health Insurance Premiums to Come at Cost of Fewer Choices

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    That is incorrect. Out-of-network doctors generally carry a larger copay, but you have access to any doctor you want.

    And if you just want to pay cash for a visit, there is no problem at all.




    Who told you it was "now cheaper"? "Less than expected" merely means not as much MORE EXPENSIVE as thought.
    One of my kids had a fall on vacation and went to a doc in the box to make sure nothing was broken. We were out of state. We had to pay cash and we could then submit it to our insurance for possible reimbursement. My wife was going to do it, but I told her it was pointless since we have a high deductible and won't likely meet it anyway this year. Otherwise we would have been reimbursed part of the out of pocket cash and carry at whatever rate they otherwise would have paid less our co-pay had we been in state. It isn't a fight worth having sometimes for $50 or whatever.

  5. #45
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:00 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,497

    Re: Lower Health Insurance Premiums to Come at Cost of Fewer Choices

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    One of my kids had a fall on vacation and went to a doc in the box to make sure nothing was broken. We were out of state. We had to pay cash and we could then submit it to our insurance for possible reimbursement. My wife was going to do it, but I told her it was pointless since we have a high deductible and won't likely meet it anyway this year. Otherwise we would have been reimbursed part of the out of pocket cash and carry at whatever rate they otherwise would have paid less our co-pay had we been in state. It isn't a fight worth having sometimes for $50 or whatever.
    I certainly don't find $50 out-of-pocket for an office visit outrageous, especially considering it's not something you need to do very often. That's an oil change, or a family dinner out.

    That stuff shouldn't even be covered under insurance, IMO, any more than the oil change is covered under car insurance. That it is drives the cost up.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  6. #46
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Lower Health Insurance Premiums to Come at Cost of Fewer Choices

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    I certainly don't find $50 out-of-pocket for an office visit outrageous, especially considering it's not something you need to do very often. That's an oil change, or a family dinner out.

    That stuff shouldn't even be covered under insurance, IMO, any more than the oil change is covered under car insurance. That it is drives the cost up.
    Oh no, it was a lot more than that. $50 is what we may have been reimbursed had we not had a high deductible policy. The actual bill for the visit was like $485 or so because of the X-rays. Had we gone to an ER, we would have submitted it because the bill would probably have been closer to $2500-$3K

  7. #47
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:00 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,497

    Re: Lower Health Insurance Premiums to Come at Cost of Fewer Choices

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    Oh no, it was a lot more than that. $50 is what we may have been reimbursed had we not had a high deductible policy. The actual bill for the visit was like $485 or so because of the X-rays. Had we gone to an ER, we would have submitted it because the bill would probably have been closer to $2500-$3K
    Then I misunderstood.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  8. #48
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Lower Health Insurance Premiums to Come at Cost of Fewer Choices

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Then I misunderstood.
    The last person I knew who had that fight with an insurance company ended up spending 6 months of frustration only to get chump change because their emergency wasn't an insurance company emergency. Not worth it to me when all we would get is credit toward a deductible anyway this late in the year.

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Lower Health Insurance Premiums to Come at Cost of Fewer Choices

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    .

    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/23/he...ces.html?_r=2&

    Can you say Rationed Care boys and girls

    Hey liberals what was it your messiah promised us again "You can keep your doctor" "you can keep your insurance plan"

    do you ever get tired of being lied to by your POS

    You do know liberals when you have lost the NYT when they actually start telling the truth you are in deep ****
    Just a small bit of logic, when the lowest health plans are there to get people without health care an affordable alternative so they have health care 1 option is better than nothing. This is part of the republican lie about obamacare. People are not stuck on the low end plan if they have money and can have a choice for higher end coverage. So the people you aere whining about having minimal choices will be the ones who had no choices before. One must also note that when bargain hunting for insurance for lower income people who had it before they often selected plans which did not cover every doctor so this is nothing new.

    It is one thing to say this system sucks because it does not address the problems of for profit health care which puts things like executive bonuses and shareholders before the patient and therefor it seeks to coat the stench of ****ty american health insurance with some bargain basement febreeze, but you do not have to make stuff up about it. Going from nothing to something is a gain. Going down in cost even though you cannot go to donald trump's doctor is lower costs. Enjoy your obamacare, and if it sucks next time you might want to take your healthcare out of the hands of greedy people who feel profit is more important than you are.

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: Lower Health Insurance Premiums to Come at Cost of Fewer Choices

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    Just a small bit of logic, when the lowest health plans are there to get people without health care an affordable alternative so they have health care 1 option is better than nothing. This is part of the republican lie about obamacare. People are not stuck on the low end plan if they have money and can have a choice for higher end coverage. So the people you aere whining about having minimal choices will be the ones who had no choices before. One must also note that when bargain hunting for insurance for lower income people who had it before they often selected plans which did not cover every doctor so this is nothing new.

    It is one thing to say this system sucks because it does not address the problems of for profit health care which puts things like executive bonuses and shareholders before the patient and therefor it seeks to coat the stench of ****ty american health insurance with some bargain basement febreeze, but you do not have to make stuff up about it. Going from nothing to something is a gain. Going down in cost even though you cannot go to donald trump's doctor is lower costs. Enjoy your obamacare, and if it sucks next time you might want to take your healthcare out of the hands of greedy people who feel profit is more important than you are.
    I'm talking about the millions who and or spouse/family are losing their employer provided heath care and are being forced into the exchanges at a higher cost and or co-pay and Rationed Care
    Last edited by trfjr; 09-23-13 at 02:50 PM.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •