Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 82

Thread: Lower Health Insurance Premiums to Come at Cost of Fewer Choices

  1. #31
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,191

    Re: Lower Health Insurance Premiums to Come at Cost of Fewer Choices

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    if you're referring to me specifically, i've always thought that the PPACA was a POS. i supported single payer like most other first world countries have already. i think we'll get there eventually, but now we have to let this stupid compromise plan waste time and money until we come to our senses and put something into place that might actually work.
    Just because it's indistinguishable from Romneycare doesn't mean it's a compromise...


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  2. #32
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,136

    Re: Lower Health Insurance Premiums to Come at Cost of Fewer Choices

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    How is this a response?
    did you read the link? it outlines exactly how health care is currently rationed in the US.

  3. #33
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,191

    Re: Lower Health Insurance Premiums to Come at Cost of Fewer Choices

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    .

    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/23/he...ces.html?_r=2&

    Can you say Rationed Care boys and girls

    Hey liberals what was it your messiah promised us again "You can keep your doctor" "you can keep your insurance plan"

    do you ever get tired of being lied to by your POS

    You do know liberals when you have lost the NYT when they actually start telling the truth you are in deep ****
    See, if only Romney had won the election....we'd have Romneycare instead (which is basically the same as Obamacare).


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: Lower Health Insurance Premiums to Come at Cost of Fewer Choices

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The story is about the insurance exchanges, and because of those(see, that would be, you know, the topic of the thread) no one is being rationed or forced to change doctors.
    President Obama’s health care law will push 7 million people out of their job-based insurance coverage — nearly twice the previous estimate, according to the latest estimates from the Congressional Budget Office released Tuesday.

    Read more: Seven million will lose insurance under Obama health law - Washington Times



    is this source more to your liking

  5. #35
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,136

    Re: Lower Health Insurance Premiums to Come at Cost of Fewer Choices

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Just because it's indistinguishable from Romneycare doesn't mean it's a compromise...
    cutting the public option out was a big mistake. it would have put more people under Medicare, and would have given Medicare more leverage to force prices down. the bill lost my support when they did that.

  6. #36
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Lower Health Insurance Premiums to Come at Cost of Fewer Choices

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    OK, so there's one example. No insurance plan I've been on has been that way, though. It's always been mainstream providers like Aetna and Blue Cross.
    I wouldn't know - I've been military insurance for a decade, now. I think what you're dealing with is that your insurance is just widely accepted. Oddly - military insurance is not, it is extremely limiting.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  7. #37
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:23 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,607

    Re: Lower Health Insurance Premiums to Come at Cost of Fewer Choices

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    did you read the link? it outlines exactly how health care is currently rationed in the US.
    Had nothing to do with my post, which was about very specific things.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  8. #38
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,361
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Lower Health Insurance Premiums to Come at Cost of Fewer Choices

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    are you blind? have you not read the any of the post in this thread burring your head in the sand or running around with your fingers in your ears will not make the truth go away
    No I am not blind. In fact I read your source and understand what the exchanges do. That makes one of us.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #39
    Guru
    Samhain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern Ohio
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 12:34 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,888

    Re: Lower Health Insurance Premiums to Come at Cost of Fewer Choices

    People who have insurance that is no longer allowed will lose that option, so its true that some will lose their plans.

    Its also true that some who cannot afford insurance currently, will also still not be able to afford insurance with subsidies.

  10. #40
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,361
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Lower Health Insurance Premiums to Come at Cost of Fewer Choices

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    President Obama’s health care law will push 7 million people out of their job-based insurance coverage — nearly twice the previous estimate, according to the latest estimates from the Congressional Budget Office released Tuesday.

    Read more: Seven million will lose insurance under Obama health law - Washington Times



    is this source more to your liking
    It is wrong.

    PolitiFact Texas | Cruz claim about fewer Americans with employer-backed health plans cherry-picks and misinterprets Congressional Budget Office figure

    Here is the CBO report: http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/fil...getOutlook.pdf

    Here is the chart that 7 million comes from: http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/fil...ageEffects.pdf

    Lets look at a couple key things from that chart. Currently, 154 million get insurance through employer. Next year, 155. Then 157, then 160. In point of fact, more people will be getting insurance through their employer than currently. What the chart shows is that by 2021 7 million fewer people will get insurance through an employer than if the law had not been enacted. So, more people getting insurance through employer than now, and the 7 million is the difference between the law currently and if ACA had not been enacted, over 10 years. Note that in fact the chart does not say people will lose their insurance from an employer.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •