Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 176

Thread: Victims family releases graphic video of his death

  1. #71
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Victims family releases graphic video of his death

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    running from the cops period is stupid but that alone has no impact to the story
    Well, there are clear instances where the police would have a justifiable interest in pursuing the guy. But they seem absent from this particular case

  2. #72
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,777

    Re: Victims family releases graphic video of his death

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    Well, there are clear instances where the police would have a justifiable interest in pursuing the guy. But they seem absent from this particular case
    Yes but again that alone has no impact to this story.
    but you are right "in general"

    we could make up a scenario, if he was a known terrorist and it was known he was running to where his detonator was then yes, protocols change, grey areas are widened and you run the ****er over!
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #73
    Guru
    soot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    04-25-17 @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,308

    Re: Victims family releases graphic video of his death

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    did you watch the unedited video
    I watched the video you linked to.

    Is that the one you're talking about?

    I have difficulty watching a lot of online vids here at work because of Flash issues on my work PC but the first one you linked to I was able to view.

    In that vid I didn't see anything that would indicate to me that he (the cop) deliberately sped up. No engine rev, no obvious increase in the rate of speed at which "the background" was passing by outside his window (if that makes sense).

    I don't claim to be a video testimony expert of any sort though so while I may not have seen it I'm not going to argue that you couldn't have seen it or that you're mis-seeing it, or anything like that.

    I disagree with you that any such deliberate, let's say malicious, effort was made to squash the dude.

    On a different note, I did see earlier in the convo that you and someone else were discussing the fact that there was no "dip" of the hood which would indicate a rapid application of the brakes.

    I would expect to see that in any kind of "oh ****! need to stop NOW!" <slams on brakes>, type of situation. Which is about what you'd expect to see at the point where it becomes obvious that the car is on a collision course with a "pedestrian" at a high rate of speed.

    But as the two of you concluded, and I find myself in the same boat, I'm not expert in rapid deceleration of motor vehicles to the extent that I know what I should expect to see or can speak intelligently to what I actually saw.

    I'll tell you what though.

    There are VERY few "cop gone bad" videos where I come down on the side of the cop, even if only from a tentative "let's all calm down and see how this plays out" perspective.

    This is one of them.

    This is certainly an unfortunate incident and at a minimum I believe that this particular cop is guilty of not packing the gear necessary to do the job.

    But I'm not convinced he's necessarily guilty of any crime.
    “Now it is not good for the Christian’s health to hustle the Aryan brown,
    For the Christian riles, and the Aryan smiles and he weareth the Christian down;
    And the end of the fight is a tombstone white with the name of the late deceased,
    And the epitaph drear: “A Fool lies here who tried to hustle the East.”

  4. #74
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Victims family releases graphic video of his death

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    Yes but again that alone has no impact to this story.
    The cop having a justifiable reason for pursuit would have a clear impact on the story

    we could make up a scenario, if he was a known terrorist and it was known he was running to where his detonator was then yes, protocols change, grey areas are widened and you run the ****er over!
    Again, I've watched the video a few times and it seems more a case of reckless as opposed to intentional behavior

  5. #75
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Victims family releases graphic video of his death

    Quote Originally Posted by soot View Post
    In that vid I didn't see anything that would indicate to me that he (the cop) deliberately sped up. No engine rev, no obvious increase in the rate of speed at which "the background" was passing by outside his window (if that makes sense).
    That was my impression, as well.

  6. #76
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Victims family releases graphic video of his death

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    running from the cops period is stupid
    Excellent Point!
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  7. #77
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Victims family releases graphic video of his death

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) fired? vs "due process"??? yes im fine with that because he like everybody else in the case of being fired can fight or appeal and im sure he also has a union.
    2.) i would say thats not normal, id say it varies quit a bit depending on charges, union, state, agency etc. SOrry.
    it happens in cases where the chief or someone in charge feels theres not enough yet or the suspension/firing is dependent on criminal charges. Sometimes they are fired then reinstated. There is definitely no uniformity in these types of things. The video was viewed and it was clear protocol was violated so he was terminated. im fine with that, im actually great with that.

    wrong doing was already determined, what is left now is HOW MUCH wrong doing.
    What protocol does it "clearly" violate?
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  8. #78
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,777

    Re: Victims family releases graphic video of his death

    Quote Originally Posted by soot View Post

    1.)I watched the video you linked to.
    Is that the one you're talking about?
    I have difficulty watching a lot of online vids here at work because of Flash issues on my work PC but the first one you linked to I was able to view.
    In that vid I didn't see anything that would indicate to me that he (the cop) deliberately sped up. No engine rev, no obvious increase in the rate of speed at which "the background" was passing by outside his window (if that makes sense).

    2.) I don't claim to be a video testimony expert of any sort though so while I may not have seen it I'm not going to argue that you couldn't have seen it or that you're mis-seeing it, or anything like that.

    3.)I disagree with you that any such deliberate, let's say malicious, effort was made to squash the dude.

    4.) On a different note, I did see earlier in the convo that you and someone else were discussing the fact that there was no "dip" of the hood which would indicate a rapid application of the brakes.

    I would expect to see that in any kind of "oh ****! need to stop NOW!" <slams on brakes>, type of situation. Which is about what you'd expect to see at the point where it becomes obvious that the car is on a collision course with a "pedestrian" at a high rate of speed.

    5.) But as the two of you concluded, and I find myself in the same boat, I'm not expert in rapid deceleration of motor vehicles to the extent that I know what I should expect to see or can speak intelligently to what I actually saw.

    I'll tell you what though.

    There are VERY few "cop gone bad" videos where I come down on the side of the cop, even if only from a tentative "let's all calm down and see how this plays out" perspective.

    This is one of them.

    This is certainly an unfortunate incident and at a minimum I believe that this particular cop is guilty of not packing the gear necessary to do the job.

    7.) But I'm not convinced he's necessarily guilty of any crime.
    1.) yes that the video and there is clearly an engine rev, many people here heard it and couple articles talk about it. You should watch again maybe where video plays well, the engine rev is obvious.
    2.) im certainly not either, besides the engine rev and no hood dip the rest is guess work for me
    3.) deliberate? im not sure about that either besides the engine REV. but absolutely not caring and negligence im on board that ship!
    4.) dont know if that was me or not because at least a hand full of people talked about that
    5.) I agree and i feel the same.
    6.) currently i dont side with the cop at all because rationally and logically i have no reason too based on reports and video and violated protocol.
    7.) well i myself cant make him guilty but this needs to go to court not be dismissed.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #79
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,777

    Re: Victims family releases graphic video of his death

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    1.)The cop having a justifiable reason for pursuit would have a clear impact on the story

    2.)Again, I've watched the video a few times and it seems more a case of reckless as opposed to intentional behavior
    1.) false if it violates protocol which this did. his pursuit can continue on foot. like the other senior office knew and choose to do. Protocol determines this and this is why he was fired, he violated protocol.
    2.) besides the obvious engine rev and no evidence of using brakes i tend to agree but recklessness, violating protocol is all that is needed for a crime.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #80
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,777

    Re: Victims family releases graphic video of his death

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    What protocol does it "clearly" violate?
    all the ones he was factually fired for violating, a common sense guess would be pursuit protocols, ask his chief
    “The actions taken by officer Harris that night are not consistent with our department’s training, directives or accepted practices or techniques,” Chief of Police William E. Ridgway said in a statement.
    Harris was fired soon after by Deland Police Chief Bill Ridgway for violating department protocols.[/QUOTE]

    heres a link
    City of DeLand, FL - William Ridgway
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •