Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 176

Thread: Victims family releases graphic video of his death

  1. #101
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: Victims family releases graphic video of his death

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    I just explained how it has clear impact on the story. Given that if he was justified in pursuit, or not, goes along way in establishing "negligence".
    yes you tried and you failed it has no impact to this story, none
    was protocol violated? yes
    since that facts exists why he ran is meaningless. whether he stole gum or killed someone protocols were still violated.

    so its meaningless to THIS STORY and that fact wont change
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #102
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: Victims family releases graphic video of his death

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    That's a distinction without a difference here, being that elements of your argument concerned if it was intentional or not.
    CLEARLY different
    not my argument, just saying its factually possible which it is.

    im not arguing it was or wasnt just that theres evidence that makes it possible. very different. sorry your mistake.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #103
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Victims family releases graphic video of his death

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    yes i have read it, and it doesn't change anything this additional investigation is about pursuing further matters, criminal matters. The articles refer to the request for a further and deeper internal investigations

    wrong doings were already established for the firing now they are looking at how much wrong doing to see if there can be criminal charges, pretty simple

    let us know what the chief wants to add to his comments. You got the link right and what he said"
    here it is again


    City of DeLand, FL - William Ridgway



    im content with the firing based on facts that protocols were violated, you seem like you are not, try contacting him let us know what he says.
    What reverence are you using that declares the investigation as an "additional" investigation by the department?
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  4. #104
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Victims family releases graphic video of his death

    Quote Originally Posted by Morrigi View Post
    Generally speaking, police chiefs are responsible for oversight of their officers. If the chief says you violated procedure, you violated procedure.
    No, it indicates the chief may believe there was a violation. His belief does not definitively prove that alleged violation is a fact.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  5. #105
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: Victims family releases graphic video of his death

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    What reverence are you using that declares the investigation as an "additional" investigation by the department?
    huh?
    oh never mind im guessing you mean reference? lord know i make my own share of typos
    anyway based on the articles of the family asking for this and also based on common sense. since he was fired based on video alone wouldn't the internal investigation be "additional" what else would it be. He is already fired based on video alone, an internal further investigation is additional to the actions already taken not to mention the request for independent and federal..
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #106
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,024

    Re: Victims family releases graphic video of his death

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    So you are ok with a police officer being fired without being given due process?
    As a police officer he should have been aware of the ramifications his actions may have on his employment. He has the the right to grieve and appeal. Which part of due process has been violated?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  7. #107
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,477

    Re: Victims family releases graphic video of his death

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Obvious maybe to those who don't agree.

    Criminals are a danger and/or resource drain upon society. Therefore, they must be stopped from acting criminally. Criminals can either be reformed, warehoused or removed from society permanently. I see no evidence the the criminal justice system currently in place in this country has adequate punishments or procedures to actually reform very many at all. Warehousing criminals is itself a resource drain on society. So that leaves removing those who will not reform or cannot be reformed from society as the most logical option. Anytime that a criminal is permanently removed from harming society while in the commission of a crime, it is the most efficient means of handling criminals, however since we are "civilized" we give them the option to surrender and submit to possible being reformed. Failure to submit/surrender simply removes that option and the criminal has chosen then to be permanently removed from society.
    Were you potty trained at gunpoint? What happens if your dog pee's on the rug? You beat it to death with a baseball bat?

    You seem to be confused about a police officer's job description. They are not a judge, a jury, or an executioner. Their job is to secure a situation out in the field in the safest, least detrimental fashion possible given the circumstances.

    Killing a person for the crime of eluding in a vehicle and on foot is not only excessive punishment, it was carried out without due process.

    It doesn't make it ok because you get hard watching this video; getting some kind of revenge for your own perceived slights in your life.

  8. #108
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Victims family releases graphic video of his death

    moral of the story: If you run from the cops, nothing good is going to happen to you. at best, even if you temporarily escape, you have compounded your crime. more often than not, you are just going to go to jail tired or with a kicked ass. and in rare cases, your action of running from the cops is going to get you, or someone else, killed.

    but, of course, it's not your fault....it's the cop's fault for chasing you.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  9. #109
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Victims family releases graphic video of his death

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    Were you potty trained at gunpoint? What happens if your dog pee's on the rug? You beat it to death with a baseball bat?

    You seem to be confused about a police officer's job description. They are not a judge, a jury, or an executioner. Their job is to secure a situation out in the field in the safest, least detrimental fashion possible given the circumstances.

    Killing a person for the crime of eluding in a vehicle and on foot is not only excessive punishment, it was carried out without due process.

    It doesn't make it ok because you get hard watching this video; getting some kind of revenge for your own perceived slights in your life.
    If my dogs are in the house, and when the were puppies and did such a thing and I caught them. They had their noses rubbed in it, got spanked and then tossed out of the house. The lasttime my male dog marked his territory in the house, he spent twenty plus hours in a pet carrier, something he dearly hates and he never, ever did it again. Too bad criminals don't learn as easily as dogs do. Hmm, could be that criminals are actually dumber animals than dogs in a lot of cases?

    The problem with your theory, at least in this case, is that the killing was not intentional, nor would it have happened had the stupid criminal simply surrendered to police.

    Perhaps you should practice your reading by rereading what I posted and see if this time you can actually comprehend what is written. Police apprehend, I very much understand that concept, however, sometimes, a resisting criminal gets killed resisting. They bring it upon themselves, so I have no sympathy for them.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  10. #110
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,477

    Re: Victims family releases graphic video of his death

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    If my dogs are in the house, and when the were puppies and did such a thing and I caught them. They had their noses rubbed in it, got spanked and then tossed out of the house. The lasttime my male dog marked his territory in the house, he spent twenty plus hours in a pet carrier, something he dearly hates and he never, ever did it again. Too bad criminals don't learn as easily as dogs do. Hmm, could be that criminals are actually dumber animals than dogs in a lot of cases?

    The problem with your theory, at least in this case, is that the killing was not intentional, nor would it have happened had the stupid criminal simply surrendered to police.

    Perhaps you should practice your reading by rereading what I posted and see if this time you can actually comprehend what is written. Police apprehend, I very much understand that concept, however, sometimes, a resisting criminal gets killed resisting. They bring it upon themselves, so I have no sympathy for them.
    If you backpedal any faster you're going to warp into another dimension. You made it quite clear death was not only appropriate but desired. Not intentional huh? Nobody but the cop knows for sure what his intentions were, however the video clearly shows him to be either reckless or malicious. At a bare minimum what he did was manslaughter. There is no excuse and no need to use such wild tactics for a simple eluding offense. If he were a murder suspect you could make a case but not for something that... isn't it a misdameanor?

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •