Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 176

Thread: Victims family releases graphic video of his death

  1. #91
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Victims family releases graphic video of his death

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Not deflecting. Try reading the quoted portion. It says the department is investigating whether or not policies were followed. It does not say that they are investigating further, ie additional, policies were not followed. As written it clearly denotes that the department is just now investigating it, not that it is investigating additional failures to follow policy.

    Further, you declared the violation of procedure, you did not quote, you did not reference or anyway declare that you were referencing anything but rather was making the statement yourself.
    yes i have read it, and it doesn't change anything this additional investigation is about pursuing further matters, criminal matters. The articles refer to the request for a further and deeper internal investigations

    wrong doings were already established for the firing now they are looking at how much wrong doing to see if there can be criminal charges, pretty simple

    let us know what the chief wants to add to his comments. You got the link right and what he said"
    here it is again
    “The actions taken by officer Harris that night are not consistent with our department’s training, directives or accepted practices or techniques,” Chief of Police William E. Ridgway said in a statement.
    Harris was fired soon after by Deland Police Chief Bill Ridgway for violating department protocols.
    City of DeLand, FL - William Ridgway



    im content with the firing based on facts that protocols were violated, you seem like you are not, try contacting him let us know what he says.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #92
    Advisor Morrigi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    10-13-14 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    351

    Re: Victims family releases graphic video of his death

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Not deflecting. Try reading the quoted portion. It says the department is investigating whether or not policies were followed. It does not say that they are investigating further, ie additional, policies were not followed. As written it clearly denotes that the department is just now investigating it, not that it is investigating additional failures to follow policy.

    Further, you declared the violation of procedure, you did not quote, you did not reference or anyway declare that you were referencing anything but rather was making the statement yourself.
    Generally speaking, police chiefs are responsible for oversight of their officers. If the chief says you violated procedure, you violated procedure.
    Sic semper evello mortem Tyrannis

  3. #93
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Victims family releases graphic video of his death

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    1.)Yes, the engine revs
    2.) however, there is not a way to determine why.
    3.) So you admit that you are assuming the engine revs because of acceleration and not because of reduction of load when drive wheel/s spin or are bounced out of contact.
    1.) yes this is definitely a fact
    2.) i pointed that out in one of my first posts
    3.) not assuming anything just pointing out its possible evidence as i posted in post 17 and 19 below.

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    yeah the link is posted now and of course i cant be certain either because it could be one of those instances where the gas was hit on accident in a panic or he threw his car in neutral and hit the brake.

    But the engine definitely revs hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    thats a good point too, hard to tell on not flat terrain but yeah you would expect a dip like at the end.
    please keep up, your mistake.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #94
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Victims family releases graphic video of his death

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) there is no question though, the answer has been determined and protocol was violated hence the statements by his department and his firing. so wanting to know what this individual ran has no impact to the story
    Learn to follow a discussion

    you wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    running from the cops period is stupid but that alone has no impact to the story


    my reply was :
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    Well, there are clear instances where the police would have a justifiable interest in pursuing the guy. But they seem absent from this particular case
    you replied:
    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    Yes but again that alone has no impact to this story.
    If you are still having difficulty, the central issue here was that the cop violated department procedure giving a high speed pursuit when it wasn't justified. This is why he was suspended.

    Now, if we remove that, and he has a basis for pursuit, clearly it would impact the story


    2.) then you need your hearing check
    So you're talking about the engine revving that happened during a pursuit and the perp wasn't directly in from of the car at the time? Citing that as evidence of intentionally hitting him ignores the fact that if one is pursuing someone the aim is to catch them. One of the ways this would be facilitated would be by increasing speed. How you characterized it made it sound as if the engine was reved when the individual was directly in front of the car, wehich is simply not the case.

    So maybe the issue here is your ability to form coherent and logical thoughts, which seems to be absent

    3.) meaningless really for a couple reason
    Of course it is relevent. Because it highlights the difference between the act being intentional (as the family is claiming) as opposed to negligence


    4.) they can claim what ever they want, doesnt impact the law
    no one said it did, sherlock. But it's clearly the family pursuing charges here and the article in the OP is about them doing such ...

  5. #95
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Victims family releases graphic video of his death

    Quote Originally Posted by Morrigi View Post
    It's obvious that the officer didn't attempt to brake, even if he did not accelerate. It would have been quite possible to stop without hitting the guy, even after going after him on the grass.
    What are you basing that one? His window of opportunity seemed 2-3 seconds at most(being very generous here)

  6. #96
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Victims family releases graphic video of his death

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    1.)Learn to follow a discussion

    you wrote:



    my reply was :

    you replied:

    If you are still having difficulty, the central issue here was that the cop violated department procedure giving a high speed pursuit when it wasn't justified. This is why he was suspended.

    Now, if we remove that, and he has a basis for pursuit, clearly it would impact the story




    So you're talking about the engine revving that happened during a pursuit and the perp wasn't directly in from of the car at the time? Citing that as evidence of intentionally hitting him ignores the fact that if one is pursuing someone the aim is to catch them. One of the ways this would be facilitated would be by increasing speed. How you characterized it made it sound as if the engine was reved when the individual was directly in front of the car, wehich is simply not the case.

    So maybe the issue here is your ability to form coherent and logical thoughts, which seems to be absent



    Of course it is relevent. Because it highlights the difference between the act being intentional (as the family is claiming) as opposed to negligence




    no one said it did, sherlock. But it's clearly the family pursuing charges here and the article in the OP is about them doing such ...
    excellent point. I wish you would follow along and im glad you quoted me cause it proves my point from my original statement you tried to shy away from. Thanks for proving me right.

    so lets reflect does my original statement still stand 100%? "running from the cops period is stupid but that alone has no impact to the story"

    yes it does, thanks for proving it, good job!

    also i NEVER said the engine revving was evidenced of intentionally hitting. see my ealier posts only that its enough to have doubts and suspicions.

    please tell me that cool line about following along, incoherent thoughts and absence of logic?
    yes i agree, your post displayed all that!

    this is common when you make stuff up and assume things never said. maybe your learn something this time. My guess is you will continue to assume and make up arguments in your head instead of sticking to what was actually said and facts though.

    fail. thanks for the laughs. cant wait to read your next deflection and bit of fantasy. always entertaining.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #97
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Victims family releases graphic video of his death

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) there is no question though, the answer has been determined and protocol was violated hence the statements by his department and his firing. so wanting to know what this individual ran has no impact to the story
    2.) then you need your hearing check, your ISP is poor, your speakers arent quality and or you need to listen again. Many heard it here and a couple articles comment on it. Its very obvious that the engine REVS. we could debate WHY it does but it revs.
    3.) meaningless really for a couple reason

    if he follows protocol no need to worry about this
    if he was really worried about stopping he should have already been breaking, the guy falling is meaningless to the fence right behind him. if the guy doesnt fall the cop still hits the fence no doubt without some type of lucky power slide.
    even after impact there doesnt seem to be a great hurry to stop, now this one is just my opinion.

    4.) they can claim what ever they want, doesnt impact the law
    Also, if you're not claiming he was hit intentionally, and that it was a simple issue of negligence , then why do you keep arguing about the lack of breaking and the engine revving? These are points of evidence that point to it being beyond mere negligence and paint the action as intentional

  8. #98
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Victims family releases graphic video of his death

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    so lets reflect does my original statement still stand 100%? "running from the cops period is stupid but that alone has no impact to the story"
    I just explained how it has clear impact on the story. Given that if he was justified in pursuit, or not, goes along way in establishing "negligence".

  9. #99
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Victims family releases graphic video of his death

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    also i NEVER said the engine revving was evidenced of intentionally hitting. see my ealier posts only that its enough to have doubts and suspicions.
    That's a distinction without a difference here, being that elements of your argument concerned if it was intentional or not.

  10. #100
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Victims family releases graphic video of his death

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    Also, if you're not claiming he was hit intentionally, and that it was a simple issue of negligence , then why do you keep arguing about the lack of breaking and the engine revving? These are points of evidence that point to it being beyond mere negligence and paint the action as intentional
    because it it evidence of further possible crimes

    since he factually revvs his engine as many people have talked about and we are discussing a video its only normal to point it out. especially when people make the absurd comment that theres "nothing" that shows intent.

    that is factually not ture, revving the engine COULD show intent, we dont know that but it cant just be glossed over and ignored.

    but please feel free to try and tell me what I am claiming, thats always fun with you
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •