Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 58

Thread: Quinn: Id Consider Using National Guard, State Police To Help Chicago

  1. #31
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Quinn: Id Consider Using National Guard, State Police To Help Chicago

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    Not the same as they are in a foreign country dealing with foreign hostiles. This will be a complete cluster cluck of a cockadoodle doo..

    Daley wiped out Gangster City a few decades ago, didn't need the NG for that, did he? I'm telling you something nefarious is in the works, and no this isn't a conspiracy theory.

    No further evidence is needed to keep the NG from this type of action than the Kent State Massacre. (notice the period at the end of that sentence.)
    You will see pictures of zombies in tin foil hats presented to you, shortly.

  2. #32
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,116
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Quinn: Id Consider Using National Guard, State Police To Help Chicago

    Unless there's some sort of open revolt, there isn't a need for the National Guard.

  3. #33
    Professor
    SBu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    01-18-16 @ 03:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,523

    Re: Quinn: Id Consider Using National Guard, State Police To Help Chicago

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    If the Gov. brings in outside forces to control the situation, he will have to admit his plice forc failed.

    Is he willing to do that?
    I think the facts speak for themselves that the police can't change a culture unless they are on every street corner (presence) and actively go after criminals. Doesn't matter what he's willing to admit, it's clear isn't it?

  4. #34
    Professor
    SBu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    01-18-16 @ 03:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,523

    Re: Quinn: Id Consider Using National Guard, State Police To Help Chicago

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    Not the same as they are in a foreign country dealing with foreign hostiles. This will be a complete cluster cluck of a cockadoodle doo..

    Daley wiped out Gangster City a few decades ago, didn't need the NG for that, did he? I'm telling you something nefarious is in the works, and no this isn't a conspiracy theory.

    No further evidence is needed to keep the NG from this type of action than the Kent State Massacre. (notice the period at the end of that sentence.)
    Again, I think we agree generally that the NG shouldn't be the primary tool here. Where we disagree is that if they bring them in, what effects that would have. I see you're there so you know better than I how bad it is on the south side. By all accounts, however, it is like a war zone. So bad, in fact, that it interferes with normal activities like getting to school for children etc. Does this rise to a state of emergency? Not my call.

    I would say that the NG would not be clearing people out of the area as in the Kent State Massacre. Their function would probably be to be present and conspicuously visible, and call in suspected crimes or suspicious behavior. I would envision something more like how they functioned in the aftermath of Katrina. Of course you are right that there's no way to predict what the genie in the bottle would look like when out of the bottle, but I do know that those members are some of the most professional people on the planet.

  5. #35
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,056

    Re: Quinn: Id Consider Using National Guard, State Police To Help Chicago

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Chicago is as bad or worse than Kabul. They have to restore law. Either that or loosen gun ownership laws so that the law abiding have a chance.
    Oh yeah, suicide bombers run amok in Chicago, there are people driving explosive laced trucks into police stations, children are walking up to cruisers with C4 vests - or not.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #36
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,144

    Re: Quinn: Id Consider Using National Guard, State Police To Help Chicago

    Quote Originally Posted by SBu View Post
    Again, I think we agree generally that the NG shouldn't be the primary tool here. Where we disagree is that if they bring them in, what effects that would have. I see you're there so you know better than I how bad it is on the south side. By all accounts, however, it is like a war zone. So bad, in fact, that it interferes with normal activities like getting to school for children etc. Does this rise to a state of emergency? Not my call.

    I would say that the NG would not be clearing people out of the area as in the Kent State Massacre. Their function would probably be to be present and conspicuously visible, and call in suspected crimes or suspicious behavior. I would envision something more like how they functioned in the aftermath of Katrina. Of course you are right that there's no way to predict what the genie in the bottle would look like when out of the bottle, but I do know that those members are some of the most professional people on the planet.
    I don't think you truly understand the mentality of the people involved. You're going to see the NG provoked into action, and it isn't going to be pretty.

    Here's some background of what's going on by knowing what went on and know it got handled, WITHOUT the NG

    Gangland - Gangster City - YouTube


    Also, as I said, this isn't a precedence you want to set. No military presence should be used for civilian domestic matters. None.

  7. #37
    Professor
    SBu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    01-18-16 @ 03:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,523

    Re: Quinn: Id Consider Using National Guard, State Police To Help Chicago

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    I don't think you truly understand the mentality of the people involved. You're going to see the NG provoked into action, and it isn't going to be pretty.

    Here's some background of what's going on by knowing what went on and know it got handled, WITHOUT the NG

    Gangland - Gangster City - YouTube


    Also, as I said, this isn't a precedence you want to set. No military presence should be used for civilian domestic matters. None.
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding you. So you're not concerned that the NG will be a loose cannon necessarily (as I maybe have been mistaking your argument), you seem to be saying that they will be provoked into action by criminal elements, and things could get out of control from there? Is that about right?

    I pulled up the video, but it's late here and I'll have to watch the 45 minute piece some other time. Maybe you could share some of the big points for time's sake.
    Last edited by SBu; 09-23-13 at 02:44 AM. Reason: addition

  8. #38
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,837

    Re: Quinn: Id Consider Using National Guard, State Police To Help Chicago

    This time is like no other Chez.
    I've been outfront wanting the NG to backup the City Police who would go in.
    Once control is established on a block, NG takes over that block and Police move to the next.
    I also support CC for the honest folks up where you live and down here. Go Bears.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    I don't think you truly understand the mentality of the people involved. You're going to see the NG provoked into action, and it isn't going to be pretty.

    Here's some background of what's going on by knowing what went on and know it got handled, WITHOUT the NG

    Gangland - Gangster City - YouTube


    Also, as I said, this isn't a precedence you want to set. No military presence should be used for civilian domestic matters. None.

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Quinn: Id Consider Using National Guard, State Police To Help Chicago

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    Not the same as they are in a foreign country dealing with foreign hostiles. This will be a complete cluster cluck of a cockadoodle doo..

    Daley wiped out Gangster City a few decades ago, didn't need the NG for that, did he? I'm telling you something nefarious is in the works, and no this isn't a conspiracy theory.

    No further evidence is needed to keep the NG from this type of action than the Kent State Massacre. (notice the period at the end of that sentence.)
    What about when Daley jr tore down The Robert Taylor Buildings.....didn't use any NG. Immediately reduced the significance of the Bangers down in that area. Course pretty much all else too.

    Quinn may consider it.....but I doubt he wants to hand over a city to the Military. Not a smart move. Moreover if they just go by area. Say the South Side. The bangers and negative element will just move their business elsewhere.

  10. #40
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,837

    Re: Quinn: Id Consider Using National Guard, State Police To Help Chicago

    Which is why these roaches need to be exterminated once and for all.
    As they are moved out of one area, we need a search-strike-destroy attitude on all the banger rats who flee.
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    What about when Daley jr tore down The Robert Taylor Buildings.....didn't use any NG. Immediately reduced the significance of the Bangers down in that area. Course pretty much all else too.

    Quinn may consider it.....but I doubt he wants to hand over a city to the Military. Not a smart move. Moreover if they just go by area. Say the South Side. The bangers and negative element will just move their business elsewhere.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •