Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 55

Thread: Turkey vows 'necessary' action after Syria admits shooting down military plane

  1. #41
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: Turkey vows 'necessary' action after Syria admits shooting down military plane

    Quote Originally Posted by SBu View Post
    I guess I mistook your position. I'll tell you one thing. If someone shot down one of our jets, there would be hell to pay. hell to pay - Idioms - by the Free Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.
    What if the Russians shot down one of those jets of yours?
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  2. #42
    Professor
    SBu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    01-18-16 @ 03:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,523

    Re: Turkey vows 'necessary' action after Syria admits shooting down military plane

    Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    What if the Russians shot down one of those jets of yours?
    I suspect, there would be hell to pay.

  3. #43
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: Turkey vows 'necessary' action after Syria admits shooting down military plane

    Quote Originally Posted by SBu View Post
    I suspect, there would be hell to pay.
    That though might be hellish instead. I think Turkiye is in that position.
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  4. #44
    Professor
    SBu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    01-18-16 @ 03:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,523

    Re: Turkey vows 'necessary' action after Syria admits shooting down military plane

    Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    That though might be hellish instead. I think Turkiye is in that position.
    I don't think so DDD, as turkey (mmmm) I mean Turkey is backed by NATO. Russia talks a big game, but they are not willing to end civilization (which is what a confrontation with the US would mean). Also, Turkey has a legitimate reason to respond. They have had a jet shot down and have been shelled by Syria. Dismissing this behavior only encourages it.

  5. #45
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: Turkey vows 'necessary' action after Syria admits shooting down military plane

    Quote Originally Posted by SBu View Post
    I don't think so DDD, as turkey (mmmm) I mean Turkey is backed by NATO. Russia talks a big game, but they are not willing to end civilization (which is what a confrontation with the US would mean). Also, Turkey has a legitimate reason to respond. They have had a jet shot down and have been shelled by Syria. Dismissing this behavior only encourages it.
    Let us see what other developments occur in this direction then. Turkiye blows a chopper, they blow a jet, Turkiye intercepts airplane with radar, they criticize.

    But I tent to think that NATO does backs up Turkiye, but it may also asking Turkiye to calm down also. I think NATO is playing cautious too now after Russia is in the game.

    This could have been responded so well before the big guys with big guns were involved. Now it is a complete mess. At least for the moment...
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  6. #46
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Turkey vows 'necessary' action after Syria admits shooting down military plane

    Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Let us see what other developments occur in this direction then. Turkiye blows a chopper, they blow a jet, Turkiye intercepts airplane with radar, they criticize.

    But I tent to think that NATO does backs up Turkiye, but it may also asking Turkiye to calm down also. I think NATO is playing cautious too now after Russia is in the game.

    This could have been responded so well before the big guys with big guns were involved. Now it is a complete mess. At least for the moment...
    Turkey being cautious has less to do with Russian bluster and more to do with weak ass Obama not backing them up. They can't trust Obama...
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #47
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Turkey vows 'necessary' action after Syria admits shooting down military plane

    Quote Originally Posted by SBu View Post
    I don't think so DDD, as turkey (mmmm) I mean Turkey is backed by NATO. Russia talks a big game, but they are not willing to end civilization (which is what a confrontation with the US would mean). Also, Turkey has a legitimate reason to respond. They have had a jet shot down and have been shelled by Syria. Dismissing this behavior only encourages it.
    Your saying that if Russia attacked the US, that the US would kill all civilisation? Oh, yeah, your probably right, never mind.

  8. #48
    Professor
    SBu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    01-18-16 @ 03:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,523

    Re: Turkey vows 'necessary' action after Syria admits shooting down military plane

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Your saying that if Russia attacked the US, that the US would kill all civilisation? Oh, yeah, your probably right, never mind.
    Just had to get that in there huh? What I meant, as you well know, is attacks can't go unanswered. There would be a response etc and things could lead down a bad road. Which is precisely why we haven't gone to war with Russia throughout the cold war.

  9. #49
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Turkey vows 'necessary' action after Syria admits shooting down military plane

    Yeah, I know dude.

  10. #50
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: Turkey vows 'necessary' action after Syria admits shooting down military plane

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Turkey being cautious has less to do with Russian bluster and more to do with weak ass Obama not backing them up. They can't trust Obama...
    Do not think so. He may be appearing weak but he is not a dictator. He has input from various intel organizations both inner and from allies.

    Obama may appear weak to you from inside, but he has a role to play to us in the outside. A role is played by whichever guy you selected.
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •