Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 55

Thread: Turkey vows 'necessary' action after Syria admits shooting down military plane

  1. #21
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Turkey vows 'necessary' action after Syria admits shooting down military plane

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    How many more ballbusters are on this forum??
    And that has what to do with anything?

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    10-27-13 @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,229

    Re: Turkey vows 'necessary' action after Syria admits shooting down military plane

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    And that has what to do with anything?
    Listen to me..are you listening?

    You took a small part of my post..Highlighted it..and then gave no explaination of your point of view concerning the said post and then became slightly abusive...

    My crystal ball is not working today..so if you have had a flashback to the sixties..I can wait until I have a sensible post from you..

    Take your time....

  3. #23
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,325

    Re: Turkey vows 'necessary' action after Syria admits shooting down military plane

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Aha, well if that's true, then the field is level.
    As soon as the Turkish government turns into a murderous regime and gasses the capital.

    The presumption of 'all else being equal', inherent in that statement, is absurd.

  4. #24
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Turkey vows 'necessary' action after Syria admits shooting down military plane

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    Listen to me..are you listening?

    You took a small part of my post..Highlighted it..and then gave no explaination of your point of view concerning the said post and then became slightly abusive...

    My crystal ball is not working today..so if you have had a flashback to the sixties..I can wait until I have a sensible post from you..

    Take your time....

    Abusive? You are the one with a sharp tongue. But I don't really care about that. It's clear, no crystal ball is even needed. You say some people claim president Assad gassed children, I said others deny it.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    10-27-13 @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,229

    Re: Turkey vows 'necessary' action after Syria admits shooting down military plane

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Abusive? You are the one with a sharp tongue. But I don't really care about that. It's clear, no crystal ball is even needed. You say some people claim president Assad gassed children, I said others deny it.
    Ok we've broken the ice..who do you think is using chemical weapons against the Syrian people??

  6. #26
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Turkey vows 'necessary' action after Syria admits shooting down military plane

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    Ok we've broken the ice..who do you think is using chemical weapons against the Syrian people??
    Because there are credible sources accusing both sides, we don't know now do we. But what do I "think" ? I have maintained from the beginning that it makes no sense for president Assad to have gassed his own civilians, because, they largely support him, so such a move would be counter productive, furthermore, it would deny Russian and Chinese legitimacy for supporting him, so I can't imagine that both countries haven't repeatedly and firmly counselled him NOT to use them. This would also explain one reason why Putin would be so eager to help get them out of the country. And finally, after the "red line" warning, president Assad knows that such an act would bring on a US attack which would finish him!

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    10-27-13 @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,229

    Re: Turkey vows 'necessary' action after Syria admits shooting down military plane

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Because there are credible sources accusing both sides, we don't know now do we. But what do I "think" ? I have maintained from the beginning that it makes no sense for president Assad to have gassed his own civilians, because, they largely support him, so such a move would be counter productive, furthermore, it would deny Russian and Chinese legitimacy for supporting him, so I can't imagine that both countries haven't repeatedly and firmly counselled him NOT to use them. This would also explain one reason why Putin would be so eager to help get them out of the country. And finally, after the "red line" warning, president Assad knows that such an act would bring on a US attack which would finish him!
    So why...since the intervention of Putin..have the gassings stopped, or in fact any aggressions by the ''rebels''?

  8. #28
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Turkey vows 'necessary' action after Syria admits shooting down military plane

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    So why...since the intervention of Putin..have the gassings stopped, or in fact any aggressions by the ''rebels''?
    If that's true, perhaps its because so many outside forces are pushing for a cease fire. There's another thread up about that very point.

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    10-27-13 @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,229

    Re: Turkey vows 'necessary' action after Syria admits shooting down military plane

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    If that's true, perhaps its because so many outside forces are pushing for a cease fire. There's another thread up about that very point.
    In Syria, Lebanon, Bahrain and Iraq, Sunni and Shia Muslims are struggling for power while religious intolerance rises violently in Egypt. Meanwhile, the Sunni Gulf States are fighting proxy battles with Shia Iran for supremacy in the region, with Syria as ground zero.

    “Violence and brutality have been targeted at particular sects...

  10. #30
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Turkey vows 'necessary' action after Syria admits shooting down military plane

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    In Syria, Lebanon, Bahrain and Iraq, Sunni and Shia Muslims are struggling for power while religious intolerance rises violently in Egypt. Meanwhile, the Sunni Gulf States are fighting proxy battles with Shia Iran for supremacy in the region, with Syria as ground zero.

    “Violence and brutality have been targeted at particular sects...
    I'm not exactly sure what your point is with that. But I don't disagree with what's stated.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •