Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 329

Thread: Pope Francis: Church can't 'interfere' with gays

  1. #291
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Pope Francis: Church can't 'interfere' with gays

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    That's true. But then again, she has a point.
    Yes, and the point is: Everyone I disagree with is an idiot.

    It's a very enlightened Maher-esque type of point.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  2. #292
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Pope Francis: Church can't 'interfere' with gays

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Stop dodging.

    How do you explain dinosaurs?
    Fossils that date back millions of years. Explain it. Carbon dating.

    Explain this: Precocious Earth - NASA Science

    Scientists Find Oldest Fossils On Earth - Science News - redOrbit
    Carbon dating proven to be not accurate.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  3. #293
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Pope Francis: Church can't 'interfere' with gays

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    so what?

    A Hindu person could argue like you are. It's a fact there are many gods. It's a fact there is no heaven or hell, but reincarnation. It's a fact you are wrong.

    Telling you that your religious beliefs are beliefs and not facts, is not an insult to your religion. CC isn't even atheist, nor am I.

    But come on, religious faith and facts are two different concepts.
    Christianity is fact.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  4. #294
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Pope Francis: Church can't 'interfere' with gays

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    You don't provide scientific evidence probably because you can't. The bible is not scientific evidence. It does not follow the scientific model. You can't find ONE source that supports any of your positions that follows the scientific model which is why each and every one of your positions gets regularly destroyed. And what do you do? You blame your failures on others.
    No, you told me I can't provide the proof because YOU won't accept it. In fact, when I did provide proof in another thread you gave me a thread ban.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  5. #295
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Pope Francis: Church can't 'interfere' with gays

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    HAHHAAHAHAH. You're basing the age of the Earth on the ages of people we cannot be certain actually existed? And you call isometric dating false?
    Yep, and we do know they existed.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  6. #296
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:46 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,514

    Re: Pope Francis: Church can't 'interfere' with gays

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Carbon dating proven to be not accurate.
    Source?

    And what about the other links I provided?
    The many sources that suggest the Earth is over 4 billion years old?
    The fossils dating back 75 million years?

    Where is your evidence that all the science behind that stuff is based on lies and/or false methods?

  7. #297
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Pope Francis: Church can't 'interfere' with gays

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Source?

    And what about the other links I provided?
    The many sources that suggest the Earth is over 4 billion years old?
    The fossils dating back 75 million years?

    Where is your evidence that all the science behind that stuff is based on lies and/or false methods?
    Doesn
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  8. #298
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,287
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Pope Francis: Church can't 'interfere' with gays

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    From the article...

    When a scientist’s interpretation of data does not match the clear meaning of the text in the Bible, we should never reinterpret the Bible. God knows just what He meant to say, and His understanding of science is infallible, whereas ours is fallible.

  9. #299
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Pope Francis: Church can't 'interfere' with gays

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    From the article...



    It's true though. Man is not all-knowing, God is.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  10. #300
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,287
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Pope Francis: Church can't 'interfere' with gays

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    It's true though. Man is not all-knowing, God is.
    1) the bible wasn't written by god.

    2) man might not be all knowing. But the Article is garbage, it doesn't even come close to disproving carbon dating and niether do you.

    The only thing your proving at the moment is blind faith can be bad for you.

Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •