Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 329

Thread: Pope Francis: Church can't 'interfere' with gays

  1. #21
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,143

    Re: Pope Francis: Church can't 'interfere' with gays

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    The hell is this? Your daughter almost died because of homo indoctrination in school? Dude, this is a very serious matter. You need to report this to the police.
    I didn't say anything about dying. She said I would be dead to her if I didn't support the Homo agenda. I refused. She finally came around and realized I was more important in her life than a few fairy friends.

    I'm going to go out on a limb and say my story is not uncommon.

    Wanna hear another one?

  2. #22
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,554

    Re: Pope Francis: Church can't 'interfere' with gays

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    I didn't say anything about dying. She said I would be dead to her if I didn't support the Homo agenda. I refused. She finally came around and realized I was more important in her life than a few fairy friends.

    I'm going to go out on a limb and say my story is not uncommon.

    Wanna hear another one?
    Not particularly. Though I admire her point, I hope she realized that she can't force tolerance on a bigot. Our generation just has to wait for them to die off.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  3. #23
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Pope Francis: Church can't 'interfere' with gays

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    I didn't say anything about dying. She said I would be dead to her if I didn't support the Homo agenda. I refused. She finally came around and realized I was more important in her life than a few fairy friends.

    I'm going to go out on a limb and say my story is not uncommon.

    Wanna hear another one?
    Gotta say, that's a teenager thing, and the homosexual issue is just the one she chose to use on you because she knows it pushes your buttons. It's part of trying to grow independently of your folks.

  4. #24
    Guru
    brothern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,171
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Pope Francis: Church can't 'interfere' with gays

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    I didn't say anything about dying. She said I would be dead to her if I didn't support the Homo agenda. I refused. She finally came around and realized I was more important in her life than a few fairy friends.

    I'm going to go out on a limb and say my story is not uncommon.

    Wanna hear another one?
    Lol! I'm proud of your daughter. Good for her for sticking up for her belief in equality!

    Edit: And at least someone learned a lesson to treat others like she wished to be treated. She probably doesn't go around calling others by derogatory names.

  5. #25
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,143

    Re: Pope Francis: Church can't 'interfere' with gays

    You guys can make all the fun you want, this creeping evil will help break down the very fabric of our society.

    Same sort of stuff brought down the Roman empire can bring us down as well.

    "For the wages of sin is death"

  6. #26
    Anti-Hypocrite
    molten_dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,351

    Re: Pope Francis: Church can't 'interfere' with gays

    I think it's refreshing to have a pope that recognizes that the church is going to have to change its stance on some things (or at least change how it approaches certain topics) to stay relevant to people as time moves on. And I think it's great that he's trying to focus more on the positive aspects of the catholic church rather than the negative ones.
    If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.

    If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

  7. #27
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,718

    Re: Pope Francis: Church can't 'interfere' with gays

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    That would be a new direction for the church.




    "Man has created God in his own image: Intolerant, sexist, homophobic and violent." ~ Marie
    Technically it would be an old direction. See, this pope actually takes the teachings of Jesus Christ seriously.

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    You guys can make all the fun you want, this creeping evil will help break down the very fabric of our society.

    Same sort of stuff brought down the Roman empire can bring us down as well.

    "For the wages of sin is death"
    I want you to find one historian who thinks the gays were remotely important in the decline of the Roman empire.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #28
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,143

    Re: Pope Francis: Church can't 'interfere' with gays

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Not particularly. Though I admire her point, I hope she realized that she can't force tolerance on a bigot. Our generation just has to wait for them to die off.
    Bigot... my ass. All that means is I don't agree with that lifestyle.

    Got any other names you want to call me?

  9. #29
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,718

    Re: Pope Francis: Church can't 'interfere' with gays

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Bigot... my ass. All that means is I don't agree with that lifestyle.

    Got any other names you want to call me?
    Except you're going beyond just "not agreeing with that lifestyle." You're trying to make sure other people aren't allowed to live it at all.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #30
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,143

    Re: Pope Francis: Church can't 'interfere' with gays

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Gotta say, that's a teenager thing, and the homosexual issue is just the one she chose to use on you because she knows it pushes your buttons. It's part of trying to grow independently of your folks.
    Oh I know. This was also several weeks after having her first baby. The hormones were raging.

    It was more likely me pushing her buttons.

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •