Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 329

Thread: Pope Francis: Church can't 'interfere' with gays

  1. #261
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Pope Francis: Church can't 'interfere' with gays

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    LOL...the bible is quite clear? I bet the clothing you are wearing right now is a "clear abomination" according to Leviticus. Sorry Charlie....When exactly did Christ talk about homosexuality?
    You realize that St. Paul . . . you know what, nevermind. People who bring up the Mosaic Law clearly aren't interested in an accurate picture of the Church.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  2. #262
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Pope Francis: Church can't 'interfere' with gays

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I listed proof. You have talking points. I have evidence. Define natural, david. Define normal... in a non-statistical sense, david. Refute archaeological and evolutionary evidence, david. You can't and haven't, each and every time you have been challenged. All you post are dumb extreme right wing talking points, or dumber biblical explanations that you claim are proof. The bible isn't proof, david, not when it comes to discussing science. This is why you always fail in these little encounters. You can't define terms and you use sources that don't apply.



    You have no interest in proof. If you did, you wouldn't post as you do.
    Come on, there is no valid "proof" in terms of evolution and you know it.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  3. #263
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Pope Francis: Church can't 'interfere' with gays

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    The bible is fiction.

    Not much different than Lord Of The Rings or Harry Potter.

    The bible was written by humans. Not god.

    There is no god.
    Most of which is your assumption. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  4. #264
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,529

    Re: Pope Francis: Church can't 'interfere' with gays

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Come on, there is no valid "proof" in terms of evolution and you know it.
    And there IS valid proof of Adam and Eve??

  5. #265
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,529

    Re: Pope Francis: Church can't 'interfere' with gays

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Most of which is your assumption. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
    No different than the "assumption" or "belief" that there is a god.

  6. #266
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Pope Francis: Church can't 'interfere' with gays

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    No different than the "assumption" or "belief" that there is a god.
    Exactly. Thanks for playing.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  7. #267
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Pope Francis: Church can't 'interfere' with gays

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    And there IS valid proof of Adam and Eve??
    Where did I claim that?
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  8. #268
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Pope Francis: Church can't 'interfere' with gays

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Come on, there is no valid "proof" in terms of evolution and you know it.
    Say whar?

  9. #269
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Pope Francis: Church can't 'interfere' with gays

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Oh really, and where is the proof for that?
    The short answer is science. Your side has tried using the tobacco companies tactic of trying to cloud the evidence by throwing false evidence. You'll always find some takers on that, aqs there are still some who don't believe smoking is harmful.

    But the science is still the place for actual evidence:

    The oldest rock formations on Earth are between about 3.8 and 3.9 billion years old., but there are older bits of more ancient rocks that were incorporated into these early rocks, and they date to something closer to 4.4 billion years old. These and other early materials are dated primarily using a variety of parent-daughter radiometric techniques, with the most effective for this time period being a lead-lead system.

    How old is the earth, and how do we know? – Greg Laden's Blog

    Earth is thought to be between 4.5 and 4.8 billion years old. The age of Earth is found by measuring the age of very old Earth rocks. This is done by measuring the rate at which elements of the radioactive metal uranium decay (break down) into lead. Scientists have also measured the age of meteorites which have fallen onto Earth's surface, and the age of moon rocks brought back by the Apollo astronauts. Both the meteorites and the moon formed around the same time as Earth, and they show similar ages.

    How old is Earth? | Cool Cosmos


    The 3.43 billion-year-old Strelley Pool Chert, Pilbara Craton, Western Australia, contains compelling evidence of Early Archaean life in the form of kilometre-sized remnants of an ancient stromatolitic carbonate platform. Reviewing and building on earlier studies, we examine the fossilized remains of the platform to seek ecosystem-scale insights to Earth's early biosphere, examining the evidence for biosedimentation, and the importance and effect of different environmental processes on biological activity.

    3.43 billion-year-old stromatolite reef from the Pilbara Craton of Western Australia: Ecosystem-scale insights to early life on Earth

    How Old Is Planet Earth?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #270
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Pope Francis: Church can't 'interfere' with gays

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Say whar?
    what whar?
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •