Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 329

Thread: Pope Francis: Church can't 'interfere' with gays

  1. #201
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,446

    Re: Pope Francis: Church can't 'interfere' with gays

    They should start calling their marriages, Christian marriages.

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Yes, we live in a society that requires proof. Genesis was written over 2,000 years (by Moses) after the events occured, so it can not be used as historical evidence. The first marriage recorded was around 2300 BC, which is about 700 years before Moses was born.

    Religion didn't even become involved in marriage until the catholics came along and absorbed it. That is the first time a priest was required for a marriage.

    Lastly, assuming you guys did invent it and you somehow hold a patent on it, why do you only want to deny gays the right to it? Shouldn't you believe atheists, muslims, buddhists and all other non-christians shouldn't be allowed to marry either? Why do they get to use your thing?

  2. #202
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,784

    Re: Pope Francis: Church can't 'interfere' with gays

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    Lol. The Roman emperors were accepting christianity towards the end of the empire, but it did thrive as a polytheist empire many years before Christ.
    So by using WCH's logic, Christianity killed the Roman empire. Interesting...
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  3. #203
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Pope Francis: Church can't 'interfere' with gays

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    So by using WCH's logic, Christianity killed the Roman empire. Interesting...
    Well that is about the time they started passing laws against homosexuality

  4. #204
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,784

    Re: Pope Francis: Church can't 'interfere' with gays

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Well that is about the time they started passing laws against homosexuality
    So when right-wingers ALWAYS say that homosexuality killed the roman empire, in fact, when they fought against homosexuality... THAT killed the Roman empire. lol
    Last edited by poweRob; 09-21-13 at 07:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  5. #205
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,446

    Re: Pope Francis: Church can't 'interfere' with gays

    One of their children was Asian, one was European, another Arab, another Polynesian, the next was African, and that is how the Cubans came to be.


    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    So tell me, we're all a product of incest then?

    Adam and Eve had children. Then, how did those children re-produce if not for incest?

  6. #206
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,446

    Re: Pope Francis: Church can't 'interfere' with gays

    Lol. There is probably some truth to that. The pagans didn't like losing their gods and feast says, and the Christians and Jews didn't want their God acquired into the Pagan Roman, polytheist pantheon as another God to be worshipped along with Artemis, Hecate, Zues, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    So when right-wingers ALWAYS say that homosexuality killed the roman empire, in fact, when they fought against homosexuality... THAT killed the Roman empire. lol

  7. #207
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,784

    Re: Pope Francis: Church can't 'interfere' with gays

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    Lol. There is probably some truth to that. The pagans didn't like losing their gods and feast says, and the Christians and Jews didn't want their God acquired into the Pagan Roman, polytheist pantheon as another God to be worshipped along with Artemis, Hecate, Zues, etc.
    If you want an empire, then you need MOAR...

    Surprise-buttsex-demotivator.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  8. #208
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,446

    Re: Pope Francis: Church can't 'interfere' with gays

    Well, a lot of those evil scientists out there believe women came before man. Women also developed verbal communication skills before men. Our modern brains suggest women have more evolved and advanced structures in the brain relating to communication.

    Also, fyi, men and women have the same number of ribs.



    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    100% Yes. Is that a problem for you?

  9. #209
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,784

    Re: Pope Francis: Church can't 'interfere' with gays

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    Well, a lot of those evil scientists out there believe women came before man. Women also developed verbal communication skills before men. Our modern brains suggest women have more evolved and advanced structures in the brain relating to communication.

    Also, fyi, men and women have the same number of ribs.

    You girls had to. I didn't need to. When I say "ooooommmmppphhhh" to my wife... She knows damn well what I mean.

    verbal skills schmerbal skills
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  10. #210
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Pope Francis: Church can't 'interfere' with gays

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    The Pope is like all Catholics. We love gays but we hate the mortal sin they commit so don't get yourself in and uproar.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •