Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 38 of 38

Thread: Tom DeLay money laundering verdict overturned

  1. #31
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Tom DeLay money laundering verdict overturned

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    If you were calling a pig a panda you would be the only one doing so. But everyone calls an Obamaphone an Obamaphone. You might have your own terms for different animals and objects but it's clear that no one else agrees with you. I even provided the links. But if people are calling Obamaphones Reaganophones, please provide the links. Most people wouldn'y have any idea what you are talking about.
    Your argument is "if people call it Y, it's Y, even if it's actually X." Therefore, if I can get enough people to call a pig a panda, under your argument, a pig is now a panda.

    Can't recall anything about a Clinton non-profit thread. Have you doctored my posts there as well?
    Fail:
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1062213951
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Tom DeLay money laundering verdict overturned

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Your argument is "if people call it Y, it's Y, even if it's actually X." Therefore, if I can get enough people to call a pig a panda, under your argument, a pig is now a panda.
    Yes, that would be the case. Etymology (to me) is a fascinating subject and one that is interesting to many. Although you may feel that the meanings of words remain constant over the years that is simply not the case.

    That link you sent is familiar, thanks, but I quickly lost interest in debating the Clintons.



    Fail:
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1062213951[/QUOTE]

  3. #33
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,314

    Re: Tom DeLay money laundering verdict overturned

    There is no better example of just how corrupt the US judiciary is. The role of the judiciary is to protect the rotten status quo and those politicians who profit from it. Very sad.

  4. #34
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Tom DeLay money laundering verdict overturned

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Yes, that would be the case. Etymology (to me) is a fascinating subject and one that is interesting to many. Although you may feel that the meanings of words remain constant over the years that is simply not the case.
    Except in this case those who call it Obamaphones are either dishonest or stupid.

    So which are you?

    The Clinton link is merely proof that I have vastly superior knowledge compared to you.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Tom DeLay money laundering verdict overturned

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Except in this case those who call it Obamaphones are either dishonest or stupid.

    So which are you?

    The Clinton link is merely proof that I have vastly superior knowledge compared to you.
    Yes, of course, Obvious Child.

  6. #36
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,326

    Re: Tom DeLay money laundering verdict overturned

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Except in this case those who call it Obamaphones are either dishonest or stupid.

    So which are you?

    The Clinton link is merely proof that I have vastly superior knowledge compared to you.
    This is debate?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #37
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Tom DeLay money laundering verdict overturned

    Glad this finally got overturned. This was, according to the ruling, a clear case of political assassination using the court system.

    Delay I hope sues for damages and gets enough to set himself and his family up for a few generations.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  8. #38
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,326

    Re: Tom DeLay money laundering verdict overturned

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Glad this finally got overturned. This was, according to the ruling, a clear case of political assassination using the court system.

    Delay I hope sues for damages and gets enough to set himself and his family up for a few generations.
    The battle cost him $12 mil.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •