Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 38

Thread: Tom DeLay money laundering verdict overturned

  1. #21
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: Tom DeLay money laundering verdict overturned

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Must have been one long piss-off.
    Good to have friends in high places and enough money to buy them off..
    PeteEU

  2. #22
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,425

    Re: Tom DeLay money laundering verdict overturned

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Good to have friends in high places and enough money to buy them off..
    Nevermind that he didn't commit a crime, because at the time he moved the money, that activity hadn't been made illegal yet.

    Sorry, but the criminal code doesn't have a grandfather clause.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #23
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Tom DeLay money laundering verdict overturned

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Good to have friends in high places and enough money to buy them off..
    You have sources to share of course.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Tom DeLay money laundering verdict overturned

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    You have sources to share of course.
    Sources??? Sources??? Who needs Sources!!!

    How easy it is to slander without evidence.

  5. #25
    Educator
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 10:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    675

    Re: Tom DeLay money laundering verdict overturned

    A prime example of democrat integrity and republican courage...not...

  6. #26
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Tom DeLay money laundering verdict overturned

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    By the same measure, we can attribute the lights in your house to the first person to use a candle.
    Not necessarily. Lifeline was a Reagan program. The fact that it has continued under successor presidents does not mean that it's no longer a Reagan program.

    But I will accept your logic on candles that I occasionally use.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  7. #27
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Tom DeLay money laundering verdict overturned

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Actually no one calls them Reaganophones. You should stop and think before you edit someone else's post.
    How is that relevant? The program people attribute to Obama is actually attributable to Reagan. Just because ignorant Democrat voters and dishonest Republican hacks call it Obamaphones doesn't make it so.

    You should stop and think before you comment to another poster who has demonstrated vastly superior knowledge of virtually every topic compared to you.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Tom DeLay money laundering verdict overturned

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    How is that relevant? The program people attribute to Obama is actually attributable to Reagan. Just because ignorant Democrat voters and dishonest Republican hacks call it Obamaphones doesn't make it so.
    If people call it an Obamaphone that is what it is. And are there any Democrat voters who aren't ignorant?
    You should stop and think before you comment to another poster who has demonstrated vastly superior knowledge of virtually every topic compared to you.
    That has yet to be demonstrated.

  9. #29
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Tom DeLay money laundering verdict overturned

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    If people call it an Obamaphone that is what it is. And are there any Democrat voters who aren't ignorant?
    If I call a pig a panda, does that make a pig a panda? What kind of asinine logic is that? That things are whatever people call them? By your argument, a toliteraian state run by a dictator who calls the nation a "free democratic society" is thereby a Free Democratic Society merely because he said so.

    That's idiotic. Even for this place. But that's exactly what you are arguing.

    That has yet to be demonstrated.
    On the contrary, you run away from my rebuttals constantly. Remember that Clinton non-profit thread? Massively superior knowledge compared to you.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Tom DeLay money laundering verdict overturned

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    If I call a pig a panda, does that make a pig a panda? What kind of asinine logic is that? That things are whatever people call them? By your argument, a toliteraian state run by a dictator who calls the nation a "free democratic society" is thereby a Free Democratic Society merely because he said so.
    If you were calling a pig a panda you would be the only one doing so. But everyone calls an Obamaphone an Obamaphone. You might have your own terms for different animals and objects but it's clear that no one else agrees with you. I even provided the links. But if people are calling Obamaphones Reaganophones, please provide the links. Most people wouldn'y have any idea what uyou are talking about.

    That's idiotic. Even for this place. But that's exactly what you are arguing.
    On the contrary, you run away from my rebuttals constantly. Remember that Clinton non-profit thread? Massively superior knowledge compared to you.
    Can't recall anything about a Clinton non-profit thread. Have you doctored my posts there as well?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •