Page 7 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 466

Thread: House Bill Defunds Health Care

  1. #61
    Professor
    Shadow Serious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Last Seen
    07-18-14 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,460

    Re: House Bill Defunds Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    The 90's don't seem to ring a bell do they?

    Goodness, maybe we should have a shut down. Apparently Republicans forgot that they were blamed for the last one and that it was incredibly unpopular.
    Easy to lay blame with a lapdog media not challenging the then President Clinton on his statements. Not as easy now that the big three networks are not so big now.
    An Enlightened Master is ideal only if your goal is to become a Benighted Slave. -- Robert Anton Wilson

  2. #62
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: House Bill Defunds Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    How can someone with no money afford decent food, housing, or anything.
    You keep changing your argument. Should I be responsible for providing food and housing as well as health care for those who are to ignorant to make the decisions necessary to do so on their own?
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,243

    Re: House Bill Defunds Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    Congress is trying to pass a bill to defund a law they passed, and if the law they passed isn't defunded by Congress, then Congress will decide to temporarily suspend the government they are responsible (while they themselves are still getting paid) for from work, and likely not pay the bills Congress accumulated.


    Take partisanship out of it for just a second and take a moment to think how utterly ridiculous this situation is.
    I'll agree it is ridiculous. But the fact is the health care law is, by it's design, going to put 1/6 of the economy under government control, drive up the cost of health care (look what it has already done to insurance premiums), and will still not insure everybody. I think the biggest mistake so far was passing it in the first place under extreme pressure and without reading it. I think if the idiots in Congress had read it first we wouldn't be in this mess to begin with.

    I keep hearing that this is a partisan issue, but I don't quite see it that way. The Democrats may be following their party on this, but there is much divide in the Republican side, and it is likely to play big in the 2014s. The battle seems to be between career politicians and true conservatives. I have to say the younger conservatives are more impressive than I had expected.

    But I still expect in the end the health care law will stand and that it will in fact be a disaster for our health care system, job market, and the income level of a large portion of the population. Look at how many people are losing full time hours so that employers can avoid the high costs of this plan. And those are only the companies that started in anticipation of the law taking full effect. It is going to get worse. I expect another round of foreclosures as income levels drop. I expect rationing of health care. But worse, this is going to crash the insurance companies so that by the time the country does realize what a mess we've created reversing course will be very difficult if not impossible. I believe that is by design as well. Earlier in the thread someone asked why the Republicans don't just let it go and fail, this is why. The consequences of destroying the insurance companies and the labor market are not things that can be easily fixed, and the government does not have a history of giving up power once it has taken it.

  4. #64
    Be different, be honest
    EdwinWillers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Divided States of Kardashia
    Last Seen
    12-25-15 @ 04:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,361

    Re: House Bill Defunds Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    because the free market has not been doing a great job of keeping health care affordable. people should not go bankrupt trying to afford healthcare or be denied life saving treatment because their current coverage cannot afford it.
    Again with the sappy emotionalism! Put a sock in it for a moment (please) and tell me now where THAT argument fit into the original push for government-run health care?

    But before you answer that question - please answer my first one: What makes you think the federal government is the proper entity to do this? What? Or, why MUST we accept the Democrat premise that government-run health care is the ONLY way to "fix" ____________? Insert 1) pre-existing conditions. 2) Affordablility. 3) Guarantee of life-saving treatment.

    Seriously, you need to answer that question. Why do you accept the government's premise that it, and it alone is capable of quelling all your fears surrounding your health care, that you (and I) MUST accept this premise??
    Who chimes "No Absolutes!" chimes absolutely.

    zoom zoom

  5. #65
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: House Bill Defunds Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by EdwinWillers View Post
    Again with the sappy emotionalism! Put a sock in it for a moment (please) and tell me now where THAT argument fit into the original push for government-run health care?

    But before you answer that question - please answer my first one: What makes you think the federal government is the proper entity to do this? What? Or, why MUST we accept the Democrat premise that government-run health care is the ONLY way to "fix" ____________? Insert 1) pre-existing conditions. 2) Affordablility. 3) Guarantee of life-saving treatment.

    Seriously, you need to answer that question. Why do you accept the government's premise that it, and it alone is capable of quelling all your fears surrounding your health care, that you (and I) MUST accept this premise??
    people with Pr-existing conditions were being denied coverage, Under the affordable care act insurance company's can no longer deny someone with a pre-existing condition.

  6. #66
    double secret probation AngryOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phx,Az
    Last Seen
    03-31-14 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,917

    Re: House Bill Defunds Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    people with Pr-existing conditions were being denied coverage, Under the affordable care act insurance company's can no longer deny someone with a pre-existing condition.
    oh yes they will.

  7. #67
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: House Bill Defunds Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    people with Pr-existing conditions were being denied coverage, Under the affordable care act insurance company's can no longer deny someone with a pre-existing condition.
    Who do you think will end up paying for this?
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  8. #68
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: House Bill Defunds Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by AngryOldGuy View Post
    oh yes they will.
    not if want to suffer the risks of breaking the law.

  9. #69
    double secret probation AngryOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phx,Az
    Last Seen
    03-31-14 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,917

    Re: House Bill Defunds Health Care

    ala bammy YOU will heh heh

  10. #70
    Be different, be honest
    EdwinWillers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Divided States of Kardashia
    Last Seen
    12-25-15 @ 04:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,361

    Re: House Bill Defunds Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    people with Pr-existing conditions were being denied coverage, Under the affordable care act insurance company's can no longer deny someone with a pre-existing condition.
    What makes you think the federal government is the proper entity to do this? What?

    Or if this is easier, why MUST we accept the Democrat premise that government-run health care is the ONLY way to "fix" ____________? Insert 1) pre-existing conditions. 2) Affordablility. 3) Guarantee of life-saving treatment. 4) Whatever...
    Who chimes "No Absolutes!" chimes absolutely.

    zoom zoom

Page 7 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •