Page 6 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 466

Thread: House Bill Defunds Health Care

  1. #51
    double secret probation AngryOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phx,Az
    Last Seen
    03-31-14 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,917

    Re: House Bill Defunds Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by Republic Now! View Post
    No, one of the most important aspects of insurance. Buying insurance AFTER something has happened isn't insurance.
    I was under the illusion that the ACA made insurance companies accept everyone
    which is another means of destroying the industry and getting everyone into single payer

  2. #52
    Be different, be honest
    EdwinWillers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Divided States of Kardashia
    Last Seen
    12-25-15 @ 04:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,361

    Re: House Bill Defunds Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    and being denied medical insurance simply for having a preexisting condition, something that is up to the insurance company to define, is what exactly? a sign of flawless freemarket principles?
    Oh stop with the sappy emotionalism for a minute and think about what you're asking, seriously.

    Tell me where that argument fit when government-run health care made its first appearance on the political stage? It didn't exist. In fact, it won't exist for decades - that argument is just one of the latest excuses marched forth as "cause" for... for giving the federal government power over 1/6th of this nation's economy.

    People are SO AFRAID of what might happen, they're ready to pee their pants at the very thought of not having insurance should they ever need it. Well, fine - I agree in principle that if we have the ability to curtail reasonable fears about "what might happen if" that we do so. Fair enough?

    But answer me this - what makes you think the federal government is the proper entity to do that? What? Or, why MUST we accept the Democrat premise that government-run health care is the ONLY way to "fix" ____________?
    Who chimes "No Absolutes!" chimes absolutely.

    zoom zoom

  3. #53
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: House Bill Defunds Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    and being denied medical insurance simply for having a preexisting condition, something that is up to the insurance company to define, is what exactly? a sign of flawless freemarket principles?
    If necessary. Why should I have to pay more because you smoke? Why should I have to pay a lot more because you smoked yourself to lung cancer? Why aren't you paying for my cable and internet and newspaper since I also have a right to be informed? Why was it necessary to muck up the whole system when those with pre-existing conditions could have been made eligible for existing government run plans without totally disrupting the market?

  4. #54
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,974

    Re: House Bill Defunds Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by EdwinWillers View Post
    Oh stop with the sappy emotionalism for a minute and think about what you're asking, seriously.

    Tell me where that argument fit when government-run health care made its first appearance on the political stage? It didn't exist. In fact, it won't exist for decades - that argument is just one of the latest excuses marched forth as "cause" for... for giving the federal government power over 1/6th of this nation's economy.

    People are SO AFRAID of what might happen, they're ready to pee their pants at the very thought of not having insurance should they ever need it. Well, fine - I agree in principle that if we have the ability to curtail reasonable fears about "what might happen if" that we do so. Fair enough?

    But answer me this - what makes you think the federal government is the proper entity to do that? What? Or, why MUST we accept the Democrat premise that government-run health care is the ONLY way to "fix" ____________?
    because the free market has not been doing a great job of keeping health care affordable. people should not go bankrupt trying to afford healthcare or be denied life saving treatment because their current coverage cannot afford it.

  5. #55
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: House Bill Defunds Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    because the free market has not been doing a great job of keeping health care affordable. people should not go bankrupt trying to afford healthcare or be denied life saving treatment because their current coverage cannot afford it.
    Personal bankruptcy is not that big of a deal. You're making it sound as if it is the end of the world...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  6. #56
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,974

    Re: House Bill Defunds Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    If necessary. Why should I have to pay more because you smoke? Why should I have to pay a lot more because you smoked yourself to lung cancer? Why aren't you paying for my cable and internet and newspaper since I also have a right to be informed? Why was it necessary to muck up the whole system when those with pre-existing conditions could have been made eligible for existing government run plans without totally disrupting the market?
    just for the record, i don't smoke, and i will never smoke.

    and what about the people who cannot qualify for the existing government programs but cannnot afford the high costs of private insurance.

  7. #57
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,982

    Re: House Bill Defunds Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Serious View Post
    You mean a bill that was passed 2 Congresses ago.
    A bill which was passed by Congress which has not even gone into full effect yet.

  8. #58
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: House Bill Defunds Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    just for the record, i don't smoke, and i will never smoke.

    and what about the people who cannot qualify for the existing government programs but cannnot afford the high costs of private insurance.
    Doctors will generally provide huge discounts for cash paying patients...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  9. #59
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,974

    Re: House Bill Defunds Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    Personal bankruptcy is not that big of a deal. You're making it sound as if it is the end of the world...
    How can someone with no money afford decent food, housing, or anything.

  10. #60
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: House Bill Defunds Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    A bill which was passed by Congress which has not even gone into full effect yet.
    Why won't the President let it go into full effect?
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

Page 6 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •