Page 38 of 47 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 466

Thread: House Bill Defunds Health Care

  1. #371
    Professor
    yobarnacle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    10-26-14 @ 11:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,495

    Re: House Bill Defunds Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by EdwinWillers View Post
    Methinks before one calls their opponent's talk "nutty" they should consider their own talk first (and grammar, and spelling, and punctuation).

    I, for one, would love to hear the explanation how the military is "many forms of socialism."
    The military is not socialistic and certainly not democratic.
    It follows an ancient business style called 'heroic management".
    The fellow at the top makes all the important decisions.
    Lower ranking officers implement those decisions and make the decisions on how to accomplish the mission. The lowest ranking officers and noncoms, obey orders and decide how to deal with the changing situation moment to moment, to accomplish the mission and get back home, hopefully.

    No committees!
    No discussion. Obey the last order you are given.
    If you live long enough, you will live in a foreign country, because the past is foreign to the present. We lived differently then. The only constant is change!

  2. #372
    Be different, be honest
    EdwinWillers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Divided States of Kardashia
    Last Seen
    12-25-15 @ 04:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,361

    Re: House Bill Defunds Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by yobarnacle View Post
    The military is not socialistic and certainly not democratic.
    It follows an ancient business style called 'heroic management".
    The fellow at the top makes all the important decisions.
    Lower ranking officers implement those decisions and make the decisions on how to accomplish the mission. The lowest ranking officers and noncoms, obey orders and decide how to deal with the changing situation moment to moment, to accomplish the mission and get back home, hopefully.

    No committees!
    No discussion. Obey the last order you are given.
    LOL Ahyup. Try to disobey, just once - and see what happens.

    Can you imagine waging war by committee? I mean.... other than how Obama does it; we know how "well" that works.
    Who chimes "No Absolutes!" chimes absolutely.

    zoom zoom

  3. #373
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Arlington, tx
    Last Seen
    10-08-13 @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    362

    Re: House Bill Defunds Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    The purpose of the military is not to redistribute wealth, so its not socialist. You should have chosen social security, medicare, etc. These are actual socialist programs which Republicans generally support.
    IS THE UNITED STATES MILITARY A SOCIALIST INSTITUTION? | Citizen Tom


    Before you use the word you may want to learn what the word is the milirtary is in fact socialism. Sorry to burst your bubble

  4. #374
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: House Bill Defunds Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by greengirl77 View Post
    IS THE UNITED STATES MILITARY A SOCIALIST INSTITUTION? | Citizen Tom


    Before you use the word you may want to learn what the word is the milirtary is in fact socialism. Sorry to burst your bubble
    Actually, it is a Constitutional responsibility...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  5. #375
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Arlington, tx
    Last Seen
    10-08-13 @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    362

    Re: House Bill Defunds Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    Actually, it is a Constitutional responsibility...
    Oh the horror. Those dang liberals that drew up that document!!! See what they caused now.

  6. #376
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: House Bill Defunds Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by greengirl77 View Post
    Oh the horror. Those dang liberals that drew up that document!!! See what they caused now.
    Providing a service explicitly written into the Constitution is not Socialism, contrary to any links you may choose to post...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  7. #377
    Be different, be honest
    EdwinWillers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Divided States of Kardashia
    Last Seen
    12-25-15 @ 04:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,361

    Re: House Bill Defunds Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by greengirl77 View Post
    IS THE UNITED STATES MILITARY A SOCIALIST INSTITUTION? | Citizen Tom

    Before you use the word you may want to learn what the word is the milirtary is in fact socialism. Sorry to burst your bubble
    Did you even bother to read that blog?? He makes an assertion then completely fails to back it up. He quotes the dictionary definition of socialism then fails to make any case whatsoever how the military applies to that. I hate to burst your bubble, but an individual blogger's unfounded opinion on what constitutes socialism, especially w/r to the military fails miserably.
    Who chimes "No Absolutes!" chimes absolutely.

    zoom zoom

  8. #378
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Arlington, tx
    Last Seen
    10-08-13 @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    362

    Re: House Bill Defunds Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by EdwinWillers View Post
    Did you even bother to read that blog?? He makes an assertion then completely fails to back it up. He quotes the dictionary definition of socialism then fails to make any case whatsoever how the military applies to that. I hate to burst your bubble, but an individual blogger's unfounded opinion on what constitutes socialism, especially w/r to the military fails miserably.
    Or you can just wiki socialism! I cannot help the fact that you and several other rightwinger spew the scare word and do not relize that you look very dumb.

  9. #379
    double secret probation AngryOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phx,Az
    Last Seen
    03-31-14 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,917

    Re: House Bill Defunds Health Care

    Actually she might be right in some twisted off-hand way...
    Back when there was a draft, military service could be thought of as involuntary indentured servitude that had the distinct possibility of injury or death. Therefore it is based on the philosophy of altruism, the foundation of socialism!

    Now that there isn't a draft there's no problem, if you are nutty enough, or buy into some whacky Gawd n country schtick
    you can offer yourself up on the sacrificial altar for someone the likes of Barack Hussein Obama Mmm Mmm Mmm
    to decide if you should go to some country filled with brown people, kill them and run the risk of getting blow'd up with an IED.

    If I were King for a day I'd make teaching Ayn Rand's objectivist epistemology mandatory for all grade school children.
    Then when shiite like the ACA or the chance to offer yourself up as a sacrifice to the military industrial complex came along
    everyone would say: get thee heck away from me!
    New Hope for the Wretched era

  10. #380
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: House Bill Defunds Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by AngryOldGuy View Post
    Actually she might be right in some twisted off-hand way...
    Back when there was a draft, military service could be thought of as involuntary indentured servitude that had the distinct possibility of injury or death. Therefore it is based on the philosophy of altruism, the foundation of socialism!

    Now that there isn't a draft there's no problem, if you are nutty enough, or buy into some whacky Gawd n country schtick
    you can offer yourself up on the sacrificial altar for someone the likes of Barack Hussein Obama Mmm Mmm Mmm
    to decide if you should go to some country filled with brown people, kill them and run the risk of getting blow'd up with an IED.

    If I were King for a day I'd make teaching Ayn Rand's objectivist epistemology mandatory for all grade school children.
    Then when shiite like the ACA or the chance to offer yourself up as a sacrifice to the military industrial complex came along
    everyone would say: get thee heck away from me!
    With Obama being the Commander in Chief and the illogical changes he has mandated for the military, there isn't a chance in h*ll I'd voluntarily sign those papers again.
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

Page 38 of 47 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •