Page 15 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 466

Thread: House Bill Defunds Health Care

  1. #141
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: House Bill Defunds Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    According to the NBC evening news, which I'm watching while perusing this forum, the stock market just took a dump because of fears of a government shut down.
    So???
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  2. #142
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: House Bill Defunds Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    Shut down the government because they didn't get their way? That's not a bad thing?

    I know in a forum its easy to say "yeah man lets shut the whole thing down!!! wooohooo!!!". In the real world these things have consequences and can badly hurt people who don't deserve it. As I alluded to earlier the GOP isn't going to change anything so again, what is the use in doing this?
    Why do you vote for a representative? Do you vote for them to go along to get along or is it a bit deeper?
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  3. #143
    Professor
    Shadow Serious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Last Seen
    07-18-14 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,460

    Re: House Bill Defunds Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    a insurance company can deny coverage to someone just because they have had a history of cancer, and there is no obligation on the part of the government to prevent someone from dieing.
    People who had cancer are more likely to go out of remission than those who did not have cancer getting cancer.

    The human race it not Immortal yet. And it is a fact of life that people will die. I do not like the fact that some people will not be able to get treatments that would affect to an outcome of a longer or more fruitful life. Your focus should be on those people and how those people could receive such treatment since it is a primary concern of yours. Just don't drag everyone else in it also.

    Health care is something that many people rely on if they get sick, and people should not have to lose everything financially because a insurance company refused to pay for life saving treatment. the government has a moral obligation to care for the lives of its citizens.
    If they were insured and the illness was covered the bulk of the cost will be on the insurance company. I'm sorry that some treatments are intensive to the degree that their cost is great. If you want to lower costs I would look into how hospitals nickel and dime a person with a-la-cart billing. Also one could shop for hospitals if one has time to decide on where to get treatment which can lower the bill substantially. And make sure their are laws where one can do so.

    Or are the lives of citizens expendable?
    Making the citizens expendable tends to be the purview of government not so much as business.
    An Enlightened Master is ideal only if your goal is to become a Benighted Slave. -- Robert Anton Wilson

  4. #144
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,501

    Re: House Bill Defunds Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    Why do you vote for a representative? Do you vote for them to go along to get along or is it a bit deeper?
    I don't wish for my representative to obstruct the government because I disagree with something.

  5. #145
    Advisor aberrant85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Last Seen
    10-04-15 @ 04:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    594

    Re: House Bill Defunds Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Even Warren Buffett says to dump Obamacare. It's a POS.
    Did he, now?

    "Debbie Bosanek, a spokesman for Buffett, told Business Insider that she alerted Buffett to the quote, and said he was shocked that it was attributed to him.

    "It is a very false representation," Bosanek said. "Mr. Buffett never, ever said Obamacare should be scrapped. He never said it, and he never thought it."

    Defund Obamacare? Warren Buffett Quote Spurs GOP Hope - Business Insider
    "Obamacare delenda est"

  6. #146
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: House Bill Defunds Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    I don't wish for my representative to obstruct the government because I disagree with something.
    So, you're a go along with the flow type of person?
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  7. #147
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,782

    Re: House Bill Defunds Health Care

    I can't find you on College Football.
    I'm sure you have the SEC-14 tied with the PAC-12 in power rankings.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    So, you're a go along with the flow type of person?

  8. #148
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: House Bill Defunds Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    I can't find you on College Football.
    I'm sure you have the SEC-14 tied with the PAC-12 in power rankings.
    The games are played one at a time, and each team creates its own identity...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  9. #149
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,501

    Re: House Bill Defunds Health Care

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    So, you're a go along with the flow type of person?
    It depends on the situation. If you're going to fight a battle, do it because the risk / reward is favorable. The risk here is immediate damage to the country in exchange for angry conservatives to get what? Satisfaction that we all had to listen to their tantrum? When its over things go back to the way they were before it started minus the economic losses we sustained. Its a lose / lose.

  10. #150
    Advisor aberrant85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Last Seen
    10-04-15 @ 04:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    594

    Re: House Bill Defunds Health Care

    Let's all take a deep breath and remember that THIS IS THE YEAR 2013. We didn't get flying cars, but did anyone think that at this point we still couldn't figure out an operational way of providing people with health care when they need it?
    "Obamacare delenda est"

Page 15 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •