Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 84

Thread: Mary Fallin blocks same-sex benefits

  1. #41
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Mary Fallin blocks same-sex benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by Anagram View Post
    Which is why I said except Iowa. The other three, Massachusetts, California, and Connecticut have had multiple polls showing significant support for Same-sex marriage since it has become legal. It is also shown by less liberal states in similar regions and with similar demographics in Washington, Maine, and Maryland voting for same sex marriage.
    Conn and Mass very blue states
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mary Fallin blocks same-sex benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Californians got screwed but they had no amendment...............I am not denying anyones rights...I just say the definition of marriage should not be changed by a small amount of gays and a "feel Good" bunch of libs.
    First off, prop-8 was an amendment that was passed by the people banning marriage, and you know that so you are lying. You are denying equality under the law. That is a doomed argument in the courts. Your argument here is based on a fantasy land which you live in. Since we are not forced to live in your make believe world it might be nice if you joined us in this one.

  3. #43
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Anagram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St. Louis MO
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    6,198

    Re: Mary Fallin blocks same-sex benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Conn and Mass very blue states
    Yes, what's your point. I was just showing you that most states where SSM is legal was not the result of judicial proceedings and the ones where it was would support SSM now anyway.
    There should be Instant Runoff Voting

  4. #44
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,709

    Re: Mary Fallin blocks same-sex benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Now I want you to concentrate like a laser beam as I have said I don't care what gays call their marriage I just don't want the definition of marriage changed.
    That's it, Navy, retreat, but don't forget what you said. You don't get off that easy, pal. You have said you were approaching this from a state's rights position. That was patently false. You even argued from the liberal position about "the will of the people", my Left-wing friend.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  5. #45
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Mary Fallin blocks same-sex benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    First off, prop-8 was an amendment that was passed by the people banning marriage, and you know that so you are lying. You are denying equality under the law. That is a doomed argument in the courts. Your argument here is based on a fantasy land which you live in. Since we are not forced to live in your make believe world it might be nice if you joined us in this one.
    Wrong again.....Prop 8 was a referendum. very different from a constitutional amendment.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  6. #46
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Anagram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St. Louis MO
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    6,198

    Re: Mary Fallin blocks same-sex benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Wrong again.....Prop 8 was a referendum. very different from a constitutional amendment.
    It was a constitutional amendment that passed by ballot proposition. In California, State Constitutional Amendments can be passed that way.
    There should be Instant Runoff Voting

  7. #47
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Mary Fallin blocks same-sex benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    That's it, Navy, retreat, but don't forget what you said. You don't get off that easy, pal. You have said you were approaching this from a state's rights position. That was patently false. You even argued from the liberal position about "the will of the people", my Left-wing friend.
    Whatever as and Independent Conservative I am always for states right............One question.....Why do you call yourself a centrist when your one of the biggest libs in DP .......Why are you ashamed..........I wear my conservatism like a badge of honor and would never deny it. God Bless Ronald Reagan
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mary Fallin blocks same-sex benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Wrong again.....Prop 8 was a referendum. very different from a constitutional amendment.
    Sorry, it was a state constitutional amendment in california. Like I said come back to the real world and stop lying.

  9. #49
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,709

    Re: Mary Fallin blocks same-sex benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Whatever as and Independent Conservative I am always for states right............One question.....Why do you call yourself a centrist when your one of the biggest libs in DP .......Why are you ashamed..........I wear my conservatism like a badge of honor and would never deny it. God Bless Ronald Reagan
    God knows how you can keep up this thing about state's rights when we already have established you aren't.
    Because I am, according to the political spectrum today, a slight-right of center authoritarian and anti-populist. From my angle, many times you conservatives sound like the liberals of yonder. Furthermore, Ronald Reagan's record on state's rights is also mixed, and loved FDR.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  10. #50
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:02 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,363
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mary Fallin blocks same-sex benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I did support DOMA and so did 90% of the Senate signed by President Clinton into law.
    DOMA was a big government federal over states rights law, so, as I stated, claiming to be for small government and states rights is a lie on your part.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •