Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 84

Thread: Mary Fallin blocks same-sex benefits

  1. #11
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,691

    Re: Mary Fallin blocks same-sex benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Its called states rights.
    No, what you are arguing for is called, "state rights for the times that it suits me."
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  2. #12
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Mary Fallin blocks same-sex benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You might want to read your source article. All she blocked is guardsman applying for federal benefits they are entitled to at state guard bases. All she is accomplishing is making it harder for our service people. These people are legally married according to federal law and applying for federal benefits. Again, read your source article.
    She followed the Oklahoma law......You should read it.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  3. #13
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Mary Fallin blocks same-sex benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    No, what you are arguing for is called, "state rights for the times that it suits me."
    You don't know me I am for a small Federal Gov. and all state rights that are law and this clearly is.............
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  4. #14
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,691

    Re: Mary Fallin blocks same-sex benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You don't know me I am for a small Federal Gov. and all state rights that are law and this clearly is.............
    Is that why you were for a constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage because other states were legalizing it?
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  5. #15
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,325
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mary Fallin blocks same-sex benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    She followed the Oklahoma law......You should read it.
    You still have not read the source have you?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #16
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,325
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mary Fallin blocks same-sex benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You don't know me I am for a small Federal Gov. and all state rights that are law and this clearly is.............
    Ummm...you supported DOMA. That makes what you say here a lie.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #17
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Mary Fallin blocks same-sex benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Is that why you were for a constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage because other states were legalizing it?
    No red states and in most of the blue states where its legal it was done by activist judges and not the will of the people.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  8. #18
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Mary Fallin blocks same-sex benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Ummm...you supported DOMA. That makes what you say here a lie.
    I did support DOMA and so did 90% of the Senate signed by President Clinton into law.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mary Fallin blocks same-sex benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    States with constitutional amendment banning gay marriage......We shall see if the SCOTUS takes up the appeal that is sure to come......I don't believe the Court will touch it with a 10 foot.........Its called states rights.
    That argument falls apart when you consider precedent is being set that declares those bans unconstitutional. But you spiteful hatred of gays is noticed and how you wish to hurt those who serve our country has also been noted. But hey, maybe we should support taking your benefits away until every member of the military gets the same ones, and that includes gays.

  10. #20
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,691

    Re: Mary Fallin blocks same-sex benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    No red states and in most of the blue states where its legal it was done by activist judges and not the will of the people.
    Ah, so here's a problem. You advocated for a Constitutional amendment which would deny that right of the states to decide in favor of gay marriage as well. You would prevent "the will of the people" at the state level at the very least.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •