Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 131

Thread: Gas prices set record: 1,000 days above $3 a gallon

  1. #101
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,980

    Re: Gas prices set record: 1,000 days above $3 a gallon

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    It is high employment, booming industry and people with money to spend that makes oil go up, supply and demand. As the demand grows traders bid the price of oil up.
    So then we must have a booming industry, high employment and people with money to spend which has made gas the price it currently is. So are you going to thank Obama for such a great economy then?

  2. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Gas prices set record: 1,000 days above $3 a gallon

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Yes, we were booming all right under Bush when gas prices rose over $4, we had unemployment rising, jobs loss rising. But according to you that was booming. Sorry, history shows you are wrong.
    When oil went up under Bush the economy was booming with 4.2% unemployment. When the economy crashed gas prices plummeted to $2.50 a gallon. That is the natural order of things. Since Obama took over gas prices rose exponentially as the economy sputters, that is due to his anti oil presidency.

  3. #103
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Gas prices set record: 1,000 days above $3 a gallon

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    So then we must have a booming industry, high employment and people with money to spend which has made gas the price it currently is. So are you going to thank Obama for such a great economy then?
    Obama's anti oil policies have created an artificial supply and demand imbalance.

  4. #104
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Gas prices set record: 1,000 days above $3 a gallon

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    See, I read the chart and see $1.43 after Bush's first four years and it going up steadily until the economy crashed. I must be reading this wrong because it doesn't explain how that $4.12 in July of '08 is Obama's fault.
    A review of the chart shows that only for a brief period on two separate occations did a gallon of gas sell for the same amount it has been selling at for the last 1,000 days.

    The other posters fixation on saving face can't hide the fact that their statement was patently false.

    Now, do I think Presidents can effect gasoline prices? Yes, to a point. Certainly they can have an impact, as evidenced by releases from the Strategic Reserve, but on the whole, no, no real impact.

    However, the depiction in the media is as blatently biased as anything they have done. During Bush's Presidency, it was common to see network reports from gas stations around the country where "random" motorists would be interviewed and shown to be blaming Bush for the high prices. This meme ran for weeks while the prices spiked.

    Today, the meme from the MSM, and the troops on the left is "the President can't control gas prices".

    Hey, that's the way it goes. If continued elimination of any credibility is the goal, it's being achieved admirably.

  5. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Gas prices set record: 1,000 days above $3 a gallon

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Obama's anti oil policies have created an artificial supply and demand imbalance.
    The government's coal policies are doing the people a lot of good, however. The Chinese people that is.

    http://www.powderriverbasin.org/asse...rgySecCoal.pdf

  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Gas prices set record: 1,000 days above $3 a gallon

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    When oil went up under Bush the economy was booming with 4.2% unemployment. When the economy crashed gas prices plummeted to $2.50 a gallon. That is the natural order of things. Since Obama took over gas prices rose exponentially as the economy sputters, that is due to his anti oil presidency.
    If the government were to allow more oil drilling the prices would begin going down because oil futures would drop. But of course Barrack Obama doesn't want oil prices to come down because he has a sort of a plan.

    Mitt Romney's plan for North American energy self sufficiency was far sighted and wise, which is why it was rejected by the majority of the electorate.

  7. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Seen
    01-03-14 @ 11:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    263

    Re: Gas prices set record: 1,000 days above $3 a gallon

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    So then we must have a booming industry, high employment and people with money to spend which has made gas the price it currently is. So are you going to thank Obama for such a great economy then?
    China and the East are buying more oil ..... market demand changes.

  8. #108
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Gas prices set record: 1,000 days above $3 a gallon

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    The government's coal policies are doing the people a lot of good, however. The Chinese people that is.

    http://www.powderriverbasin.org/asse...rgySecCoal.pdf
    So your point is China is using coal that we won't.

  9. #109
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:43 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,293

    Re: Gas prices set record: 1,000 days above $3 a gallon

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post


    "The new normal" eh? Who says this has to be? Obama? Look, his policies are hurting the middle, and poor. Why should we continue to take this without making him account for it? I am tired of not having enough money to even go out to dinner anymore. All because Obama wants to break the system.

    Keep going progressives, send yourselves into political obscurity for another 100 years.
    The way I see this is that oil is not a part of a free market economy driven by supply and demand. Big crash in 2008 and energy demand dropped 30% and still has not recovered. Why did oil prices manage to stay high? Must not be about supply and demand, but collusion and conspiracy, eh?

  10. #110
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Seen
    01-03-14 @ 11:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    263

    Re: Gas prices set record: 1,000 days above $3 a gallon

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    The way I see this is that oil is not a part of a free market economy driven by supply and demand. Big crash in 2008 and energy demand dropped 30% and still has not recovered. Why did oil prices manage to stay high? Must not be about supply and demand, but collusion and conspiracy, eh?
    It has to do with expanding markets in the East...

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •