Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 121

Thread: Obama waives ban on arming terrorists to allow aid to Syrian opposition.

  1. #61
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama waives ban on arming terrorists to allow aid to Syrian opposition.

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    Conspiracy to commit murder doesn't hurt anyone but you can still get arrested for it.



    And those who arrest you can end up in jail themselves if they have no case.

    Before you accuse anyone of anything, first get some mighty good proof.




    "Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP.

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Arlington, tx
    Last Seen
    10-08-13 @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    362

    Re: Obama waives ban on arming terrorists to allow aid to Syrian opposition.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    The story is BS.
    Because you are wrong? Care to explain Reagan arming terrorist as well???

  3. #63
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: Obama waives ban on arming terrorists to allow aid to Syrian opposition.

    Being the President does not confer upon you any diplomatic or military capabilities. Presidents don't suit up and check the battlefield. They don't know who to pay and who to drone. They are guided by their Intelligence officials who come up with notions using thousands of people doing who knows what using some algorithm.

    The sad thing is that historically, most of what we do gets ****ed up. But then again, we won't know what they succeed at because its all secret stuff. So maybe the CIA has had hundreds of successes and we only know their failures.

    Now, is there any corporate influence at work here? Probably not much for a mini-war like this. So presumably the experts told Obama that arming whomever would be a good idea. Is it a good idea? Only time will tell.

  4. #64
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,049
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Obama waives ban on arming terrorists to allow aid to Syrian opposition.

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    And those who arrest you can end up in jail themselves if they have no case.

    Before you accuse anyone of anything, first get some mighty good proof.
    [/B]
    Which is why we have no business being in the M.E. The best we can get is being "pretty sure" Assad used chemical weapons. There's still not 100% proof.

  5. #65
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,909

    Re: Obama waives ban on arming terrorists to allow aid to Syrian opposition.

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    Which is why we have no business being in the M.E. The best we can get is being "pretty sure" Assad used chemical weapons. There's still not 100% proof.
    we have had bussiness in the middle east way back when the marines went to the shores of tripoli to deal with marauding pirates.

  6. #66
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,049
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Obama waives ban on arming terrorists to allow aid to Syrian opposition.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    we have had bussiness in the middle east way back when the marines went to the shores of tripoli to deal with marauding pirates.
    Ok, that was poorly phrased on my part. We have no business trying to pick winners and losers in Syria's civil war.

  7. #67
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Obama waives ban on arming terrorists to allow aid to Syrian opposition.

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    No, I said obama was actually republican and that is his fault. I did not take the blame away from him, I just said he is not what he says he is. Yes, arming people who will probably one day use those arms against us is notoriously republican though democrats look the other way and quietly allow those practices to continue to benefit the MIC. So yes I am blaming Obama for this and your complaint is unfounded. Please do not confuse a person saying something reasonable with support for everything Obama does merely because i do not lose any tiny bits of brain I have to mindlessly attack obama like he is the devil himself. One can disagree with Obama without being a mindless republicon hate machine. It is probably why the right thinks everyone on the left supports every move obama makes merely because they do not get as insane as the right when they disapprove.
    So anything that you disagree with him about then he is "republican"? Because only republicans are bad? Sorry, Obama is a Democrat. Own up to it.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  8. #68
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Obama waives ban on arming terrorists to allow aid to Syrian opposition.

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    How about if we wait until Obama does something that can be proven to have harmed the USA before we blame him for anything?
    And, yes I support applying the same standard to everyone. Now, in the past and in the future.
    He already has harmed the USA. The very fact that he is anti-gun in the States and yet freely gives guns to known terrorists IS harmful. And those are just the tip of the iceburg. US credibility was shot with Bush Jr and it has been even worse with Obama.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama waives ban on arming terrorists to allow aid to Syrian opposition.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    So anything that you disagree with him about then he is "republican"? Because only republicans are bad? Sorry, Obama is a Democrat. Own up to it.
    No, it is republican because that is the policy they have followed for a long time. We have these terrorists because reagan armed them and played a game there. We have things like iran contra. We have a history of selling arms under republican rule which will eventually come back and bite us. That history is based on american destabalization of foreign countries for political goals. It falls well within the lines of republican ideology. Still i am not saying dems are perfect. The republicans are right, they are nanny state people. Where as the republicans look for religious fascism in a sort of nanny state move, the dems are much more open about trying to be everyone's mother. From the soda ban to the recent attempt to put a waiting period on tattoos they have their own style of bad. There are lots of complaints about the left I agree with the republicans on. Welfare is a poverty trap. I do not agree we need to get rid of it, I think it clearly has a purpose of keeping people stuck on it and dependent on it which secures votes for the party that keeps it in place. But those are just examples and I am not trying to derail.

    Your claims that the only reason I say this is because i want to attack republicans is silly. obama is very right. He would clearly fall into the realm of socially moderate republican. A few years back before the reps pushed so far right they left their social moderates out in the cold I would not have said this. He would have been a fiscally conservative hawkish dem. But moderate dems have gone so far right they are within what should be the moderate side of republicanism if the reps were not chasing down the loonies and going hard core white wing stupid.

  10. #70
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama waives ban on arming terrorists to allow aid to Syrian opposition.

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    Which is why we have no business being in the M.E. The best we can get is being "pretty sure" Assad used chemical weapons. There's still not 100% pro
    of.



    I agree.

    If we don't have proof that will stand up in court maybe we shouldn't be going to war.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •