Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 72

Thread: UN report on Syria has been released

  1. #51
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,325

    Re: UN report on Syria has been released

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    According to U.S. intelligence that noone is allowed to see. Again, more of "Trust us, it's him". You want to trust that, that's you.
    You want to trust Assad, Putin and the Iranian regime, that's you.

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: UN report on Syria has been released

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Ah yes, intelligence was wrong about Saddam...Even though at the time shipments were noted moving across the border to Syria while we appeased liberals and waited for the UN, and three votes in Congress for authorization....

    Meanwhile back to today folks....

    And it starts again....before long we will hear the same argument, all we have to do is copy/paste, and change "Iraq" to "Syria"......
    Yes and the Lebanese daily Al-Mustaqbal is such a reputable source right? Gimme a break, next you'll be linking an Al-qaeda site to back your claims

  3. #53
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,325

    Re: UN report on Syria has been released

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Yes, because the US military is supposed to be used to save the citizens of other countries from their government.
    If you're ok with chemical genocide and think we should do nothing about it, fine. That's your position.

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: UN report on Syria has been released

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    You want to trust Assad, Putin and the Iranian regime, that's you.
    What part of "I don't know for sure which side did it" do you not comprehend. Just because I think the U.S. intelligence MIGHT be faulty doesn't mean I believe theirs is not.

    It's amazing you only have a two-sided mentality on decision and analysis.

  5. #55
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: UN report on Syria has been released

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Yes and the Lebanese daily Al-Mustaqbal is such a reputable source right? Gimme a break, next you'll be linking an Al-qaeda site to back your claims
    Hmmmm.....Quicker than I thought....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #56
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,325

    Re: UN report on Syria has been released

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    They used intel that was obvious to anyone paying attention was bull**** and reported as such at the time.
    Every Western country's intel was fooled by Saddam faking a WMD program, but Henrin the internet guy knew the truth!!

    haha

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: UN report on Syria has been released

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    If you're ok with chemical genocide and think we should do nothing about it, fine. That's your position.
    So how do you feel about Darfur and other African nations that slaughter is happening in, should we be there? What about North Korea? China? etc. Or are you only interested in bombing brown people?

  8. #58
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,325

    Re: UN report on Syria has been released

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Yes, I do. I see a lot of people wanting regime change in Syria and that is the key motivator. As far as your person insults are going, if that is what you have to resort to when your viewpoint is questioned, you have already lost.
    You are using a BS example to claim that intel could be wrong about Assad.

    Here's an analogy:

    Someone puts sugar in a car's gas tank and the car breaks down. Thus, you claim "cars break down!" as evidence against a new vehicle.

  9. #59
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,881

    Re: UN report on Syria has been released

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Every Western country's intel was fooled by Saddam faking a WMD program, but Henrin the internet guy knew the truth!!

    haha
    Actually, this isn't true at all.
    "I do not claim that every incident in the history of empire can be explained in directly economic terms. Economic interests are filtered through a political process, policies are implemented by a complex state apparatus, and the whole system generates its own momentum."

  10. #60
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,957
    Blog Entries
    71

    Re: UN report on Syria has been released

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Several unlikely bedfellows have converged, in a swarm of conspiracy theory, to demonize Obama. No matter what evidence is produced, we will be hearing "Obama lied" for at least the next decade. Here are some of the loonies that are and will engage in such:

    1. Obama haters. These consist of: extreme conservatives, racists and fringe partisan hacks.
    2. Fundie Muzzies. These consist of radical mosque heads, generally paranoid cultists and others who believe that the ME should remain in the dark ages because that's what God wants.
    3. Extreme non-interventionists. These consist of ignorant hippies, greedy capitalists and others who would rather people suffer chemical genocide than we spend US dollars.


    Some of those will stop the nonsense once the evidence is made clear, some will never believe anything that contradicts their psychotic narrative.
    No evidence has been presented, much less made clear.
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •