Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 72

Thread: UN report on Syria has been released

  1. #41
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    Re: UN report on Syria has been released

    Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Now for the image where the devilish Assad senior officials states name, surname, rank, and laughs while pressing the rocket launching button! But perhaps even then it would not do!
    Several unlikely bedfellows have converged, in a swarm of conspiracy theory, to demonize Obama. No matter what evidence is produced, we will be hearing "Obama lied" for at least the next decade. Here are some of the loonies that are and will engage in such:

    1. Obama haters. These consist of: extreme conservatives, racists and fringe partisan hacks.
    2. Fundie Muzzies. These consist of radical mosque heads, generally paranoid cultists and others who believe that the ME should remain in the dark ages because that's what God wants.
    3. Extreme non-interventionists. These consist of ignorant hippies, greedy capitalists and others who would rather people suffer chemical genocide than we spend US dollars.


    Some of those will stop the nonsense once the evidence is made clear, some will never believe anything that contradicts their psychotic narrative.

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: UN report on Syria has been released

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I don't feel forced to choose a side. I examine all of the claims, consider credibility and then decide who I think was responsible.
    And you chose the US government to believe? That seems a bit stupid, imho.

  3. #43
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    Re: UN report on Syria has been released

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Where did I say he FAKED a chem attack, that was YOUR strawman. I threw Saddam in there because intelligence was WRONG. I am simply stating that the intelligence that Assad's regime did the chemical attack could be wrong. Quick making up **** that you THINK I'm saying and stick to what I actually said please.
    The intel was wrong about Saddam for a very good reason. Do you see any such reason playing a role in the current event? No, you don't. Thus, your comparison is BS founded in emotional hysterics.

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: UN report on Syria has been released

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Several unlikely bedfellows have converged, in a swarm of conspiracy theory, to demonize Obama. No matter what evidence is produced, we will be hearing "Obama lied" for at least the next decade. Here are some of the loonies that are and will engage in such:

    1. Obama haters. These consist of: extreme conservatives, racists and fringe partisan hacks.
    2. Fundie Muzzies. These consist of radical mosque heads, generally paranoid cultists and others who believe that the ME should remain in the dark ages because that's what God wants.
    3. Extreme non-interventionists. These consist of ignorant hippies, greedy capitalists and others who would rather people suffer chemical genocide than we spend US dollars.


    Some of those will stop the nonsense once the evidence is made clear, some will never believe anything that contradicts their psychotic narrative.
    Or there are people who are leary about believeing so called "intelligence" to get us into another decade long war. And as far as "caring" about those 1400 people (which is probably less) that were gassed, where was your support for war when the 100,000 had died before this?

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: UN report on Syria has been released

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    3. Extreme non-interventionists. These consist of ignorant hippies, greedy capitalists and others who would rather people suffer chemical genocide than we spend US dollars.
    Yes, because the US military is supposed to be used to save the citizens of other countries from their government.

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: UN report on Syria has been released

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    The intel was wrong about Saddam for a very good reason. Do you see any such reason playing a role in the current event? No, you don't. Thus, your comparison is BS founded in emotional hysterics.
    Yes, I do. I see a lot of people wanting regime change in Syria and that is the key motivator. As far as your person insults are going, if that is what you have to resort to when your viewpoint is questioned, you have already lost.

  7. #47
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    Re: UN report on Syria has been released

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    Nobody is,
    Then why did you ask if I was?

  8. #48
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    Re: UN report on Syria has been released

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Or there are people who are leary about believeing so called "intelligence" to get us into another decade long war. And as far as "caring" about those 1400 people (which is probably less) that were gassed, where was your support for war when the 100,000 had died before this?
    I've supported military intervention in Syria since the beginning.

  9. #49
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: UN report on Syria has been released

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Where did I say he FAKED a chem attack, that was YOUR strawman. I threw Saddam in there because intelligence was WRONG. I am simply stating that the intelligence that Assad's regime did the chemical attack could be wrong. Quick making up **** that you THINK I'm saying and stick to what I actually said please.

    Ah yes, intelligence was wrong about Saddam...Even though at the time shipments were noted moving across the border to Syria while we appeased liberals and waited for the UN, and three votes in Congress for authorization....

    Meanwhile back to today folks....

    Syria has moved 20 trucks worth of equipment and material used for the manufacturing of chemical weapons into neighboring Iraq.

    JPost | Online News from Israel, Middle East & Jewish World, the Lebanese daily Al-Mustaqbal reported on Sunday.
    And it starts again....before long we will hear the same argument, all we have to do is copy/paste, and change "Iraq" to "Syria"......
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: UN report on Syria has been released

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    The intel was wrong about Saddam for a very good reason. Do you see any such reason playing a role in the current event? No, you don't. Thus, your comparison is BS founded in emotional hysterics.
    More like it was wrong for an embarrassing stupid reason. They used intel that was obvious to anyone paying attention was bull**** and reported as such at the time.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •