Page 76 of 77 FirstFirst ... 266674757677 LastLast
Results 751 to 760 of 765

Thread: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

  1. #751
    OPO extraordinaire

    MACS-24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 10:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,426

    Re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Nice signature.

    But you see I am free. I do not need to fight till the death for a right that will kill me neither? Why should you?
    Kind of like telling us I don't need this type of gun or that type of gun for hunting/defense. Need does not figure into it. If you are free, as you say, and believe in freedom why are you trying to restrict my freedom.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    If certain gun guys are insulted by that? Good, they should be ashamed: the rest of US are sick and tired of having our intelligence insulted[/i].



  2. #752
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    What makes some of you that oppose my constitutional right to own a gun, so scared that I am going to use it on you? Unless you have some thought in your head that you plan on doing harm to me or my family, you literally have NO chance of even knowing that I have the weapon. It irrational, and quite paranoid. In fact, I'd say that you come into contact everyday more than once with a gun owner, or a CCW holder, and don't even know it.

    Your argument is an appeal to emotion, and a falsehood on its very premise.
    I am a abit under alcoholic influence I should admit at the mo! BHT!! And there is a great "BUT" in that!!! I NEVEWR consider that you will use it on me!!! Much less me use them on you. But I would rather pbliterate your oponents instead!!! Are we clear on this??!!

    I just hate to see you shoot each other!!! THATS| all!!
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  3. #753
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by MACS-24 View Post
    Kind of like telling us I don't need this type of gun or that type of gun for hunting/defense. Need does not figure into it. If you are free, as you say, and believe in freedom why are you trying to restrict my freedom.
    Cause I feel for you Mac!! Is it not obvious!!

    There is something wrong with this!!

    Not to mention that you give me too much emphasis. I cannot restrict your freedom even if I wanted to. And I would not want you to.
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  4. #754
    OPO extraordinaire

    MACS-24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 10:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,426

    Re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Cause I feel for you Mac!! Is it not obvious!!

    There is something wrong with this!!

    Not to mention that you give me too much emphasis. I cannot restrict your freedom even if I wanted to. And I would not want you to.
    Well, thank you for that but, all the reason to make it at least as easy to get protection from the bad guys as the bad guys have it. All countries with gun control only help criminals, whether intended or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    If certain gun guys are insulted by that? Good, they should be ashamed: the rest of US are sick and tired of having our intelligence insulted[/i].



  5. #755
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    I am a abit under alcoholic influence I should admit at the mo! BHT!! And there is a great "BUT" in that!!! I NEVEWR consider that you will use it on me!!! Much less me use them on you. But I would rather pbliterate your oponents instead!!! Are we clear on this??!!

    I just hate to see you shoot each other!!! THATS| all!!
    You just let me worry about that. I am positive that I am more qualified to make that decision for myself. When I need a bleeding heart I'll let you know.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #756
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by MACS-24 View Post
    Well, thank you for that but, all the reason to make it at least as easy to get protection from the bad guys as the bad guys have it. All countries with gun control only help criminals, whether intended or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    You just let me worry about that. I am positive that I am more qualified to make that decision for myself. When I need a bleeding heart I'll let you know.
    Hi, yes, thanks for some time out. There should be a stated engagement protocol when a poster openly states that they are under alcoholic (or otherwise) influence. It should be similar to this (i.e., get back to them after a while. Presumably after the influence wares off).

    By the way Mac, that is a great signature. Also, Mac and J-Mac (related? ) sorry about those posts and their emotional baggage. You know why I posted as such.

    Now. Here is my position. Guns will never go away, period. But the responsibilities associated with carrying a deadly firearm should be indoctrinated to the users prior to issuing them a gun and/or license (so as to avoid the incident when teens shoot people irresponsibly for fun). Specifically you may model from other countries and associate the dangers that may come from such or accidental use (i.e., prison, retaliation, blood feud, basically all life ending for the worse, etc).

    Secondly, some have intentions to abuse the power as soon as they can grasp their claws on a gun. Those would be: Psychopaths, sociopaths, and impulsive murderers. Just to make it harder on them I propose fMRI screening since their brain differs to a degree with the rest of us.

    They then should not be allowed access to legal guns. They can get illegal guns but there is greater risks with that.

    Thanks again.
    DDD
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  7. #757
    OPO extraordinaire

    MACS-24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 10:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,426

    Re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Hi, yes, thanks for some time out. There should be a stated engagement protocol when a poster openly states that they are under alcoholic (or otherwise) influence. It should be similar to this (i.e., get back to them after a while. Presumably after the influence wares off).

    By the way Mac, that is a great signature. Also, Mac and J-Mac (related? ) sorry about those posts and their emotional baggage. You know why I posted as such.

    Now. Here is my position. Guns will never go away, period. But the responsibilities associated with carrying a deadly firearm should be indoctrinated to the users prior to issuing them a gun and/or license (so as to avoid the incident when teens shoot people irresponsibly for fun). Specifically you may model from other countries and associate the dangers that may come from such or accidental use (i.e., prison, retaliation, blood feud, basically all life ending for the worse, etc).

    Secondly, some have intentions to abuse the power as soon as they can grasp their claws on a gun. Those would be: Psychopaths, sociopaths, and impulsive murderers. Just to make it harder on them I propose fMRI screening since their brain differs to a degree with the rest of us.

    They then should not be allowed access to legal guns. They can get illegal guns but there is greater risks with that.

    Thanks again.
    DDD
    The bold used to be thoroughly addressed by parents and schools until anti-gun movement and political correctness and one of the original purposes of the NRA, IIRC - to facilitate.

    I agree somewhat with screening except that is a tricky privacy rights problem and too new a theory of fMRI to implement for a 2nd Amendment right. My opinion is it needs more peer review and further retesting.

    Oh and I used to get briefly confused when I saw j-mac, but not the same person however if memory is correct we are both pro-gun.
    Thanks on the sig - religion has wrecked more lives than anything in my opinion. It has its usefulness though, but, that's another topic. And the Patriot Act was anything but.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    If certain gun guys are insulted by that? Good, they should be ashamed: the rest of US are sick and tired of having our intelligence insulted[/i].



  8. #758
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by MACS-24 View Post
    The bold used to be thoroughly addressed by parents and schools until anti-gun movement and political correctness and one of the original purposes of the NRA, IIRC - to facilitate.

    I agree somewhat with screening except that is a tricky privacy rights problem and too new a theory of fMRI to implement for a 2nd Amendment right. My opinion is it needs more peer review and further retesting.

    Oh and I used to get briefly confused when I saw j-mac, but not the same person however if memory is correct we are both pro-gun.
    Thanks on the sig - religion has wrecked more lives than anything in my opinion. It has its usefulness though, but, that's another topic. And the Patriot Act was anything but.
    Correct, we are both pro gun.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #759
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by MACS-24 View Post
    The bold used to be thoroughly addressed by parents and schools until anti-gun movement and political correctness and one of the original purposes of the NRA, IIRC - to facilitate.
    We indoctrinate the dangers of gun use to that degree that I recall it was very scary to be exposed, look, and even just hold a gun for all the negative life aspects it was related to. Much less aim!!! Shoot???!!!! Noway! Not at near proximity!

    Quote Originally Posted by MACS-24 View Post
    I agree somewhat with screening except that is a tricky privacy rights problem and too new a theory of fMRI to implement for a 2nd Amendment right. My opinion is it needs more peer review and further retesting.
    I expect that it will have more peer reviews and further testing. It is there and there is a lot that it could be done with the technology.

    Quote Originally Posted by MACS-24 View Post
    Thanks on the sig - religion has wrecked more lives than anything in my opinion. It has its usefulness though, but, that's another topic. And the Patriot Act was anything but.
    Religion sucks! If they only would resort to being in peace with it and keep it for themselves! But nuuuuuuu, they have to want and pressure others to have them too!! They want power, they want a seat in the parties, government, etc! Freaking middle aged dinosaurs man!

    As for the Patriot Act, any chance you could remove the act somehow since it bothers you so much? I mean, it is not the case that it thereby has been written in the constitution or so!
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  10. #760
    Guru
    Ben K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 02:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,717

    Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Wrong thread.

Page 76 of 77 FirstFirst ... 266674757677 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •