Page 70 of 77 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 ... LastLast
Results 691 to 700 of 765

Thread: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

  1. #691
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Your response is to link to a post YOU made, quoting me stating that in fact it was NOT new law but increased sentences for existing law as proving your point? Que?
    No, it's a post where i point out that legal penalties are an aspect of law ...

  2. #692
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,657

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    No, it's a post where i point out that legal penalties are an aspect of law ...
    They are not 'new laws'. They are increased sentences on EXISTING laws. Radically different.

  3. #693
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    That 'practical concern' is the loophole. Japan didnt engage in loopholes. They hit people HARD with sentences...regardless of the level of use. That did the trick.

    I'm not following the argument here. How is practical concern about a law application a 'loophole"?

  4. #694
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    They are not 'new laws'.
    Why would they need to be "new laws"?


    They are increased sentences on EXISTING laws. Radically different.
    It's a distinction without difference: they are both changes to current legislation

  5. #695
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,657

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    I'm not following the argument here. How is practical concern about a law application a 'loophole"?
    If you make allowances for lighter sentences for people that use a gun but didnt REALLY mean to hurt someone...you have created a loophole. Not going to work. Pass a universal sentencing law...ANYONE using a gun in the commission of a crime. You want to claim the effectiveness and legacy of the changes in Japan...well...thats what did the trick.

  6. #696
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,657

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    Why would they need to be "new laws"?
    It's a distinction without difference: they are both changes to current legislation
    Then your comment to ChrisL was a blatant misrepresentation.

    "If your dumb gun control measures worked, the incident that we are discussing would never have happened. It doesn't work. Criminals don't follow laws genius."
    to which you replied...
    "Vance mack just sited material that asserts the exact opposite and you thanked him for it."

    Gun control measures are NOT hving a desired impact. Passing MORE gun control measures would not have a greater impact. INCREASING SENTENCES on existing gun laws HAS been proven to have the desired impact.

    So lets just be really clear. No 'new laws'. No 'new gun control measures'. Increased sentences for violation of existing laws. Now we are happy...right?

  7. #697
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    If you make allowances for lighter sentences for people that use a gun but didnt REALLY mean to hurt someone...you have created a loophole.
    This is like arguing the practical differences between assault and murder is a legal loophole. It's an argument, who on it's face, makes no sense

    Not going to work. Pass a universal sentencing law...ANYONE using a gun in the commission of a crime.
    on what basis are you claiming it won't work any other way? You need to offer up more than "because I said so"


    You want to claim the effectiveness and legacy of the changes in Japan...well...thats what did the trick.
    1) Uh, you and others claimed gun control has no impact on availability. i cited Japan because, among many other things, it proves you wrong. And during that discussion, I made clear pointing such out, in no way, indicates that I support such controls

    2) Again, why do you think exactly mimicking Japanese legislation would be the only means of increased legislation that would reduce availability? You need to explain why if you want anyone to take you seriously, not simply assert it

  8. #698
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Then your comment to ChrisL was a blatant misrepresentation.
    feel free to explain that one, because I'm not following

    Gun control measures are NOT hving a desired impact. Passing MORE gun control measures would not have a greater impact. INCREASING SENTENCES on existing gun laws HAS been proven to have the desired impact.
    I'm not getting what you are going on about and think you have yourself really agitated and confused at this point. Let's start from the beginning: What exactly is your argument?

    So lets just be really clear. No 'new laws'. No 'new gun control measures'. Increased sentences for violation of existing laws. Now we are happy...right?
    I made clear I was supported increased sentencing when you first asked me about it.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1062333172

    Which is why i think you are confused about something

  9. #699
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,657

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    This is like arguing the practical differences between assault and murder is a legal loophole. It's an argument, who on it's face, makes no sense



    on what basis are you claiming it won't work any other way? You need to offer up more than "because I said so"




    1) Uh, you and others claimed gun control has no impact on availability. i cited Japan because, among many other things, it proves you wrong. And during that discussion, I made clear pointing such out, in no way, indicates that I support such controls

    2) Again, why do you think exactly mimicking Japanese legislation would be the only means of increased legislation that would reduce availability? You need to explain why if you want anyone to take you seriously, not simply assert it
    GUN CONTROL has not been effective in stopping violent crimes. INCREASING SENTENCES has been shown to be effective in other places. In THIS country, gun control laws without enforcement have been shown to be ineffective. And yet, a whole group of mindless morons advocate for more of the same. More gun laws meant to target law abiding citizens. When it comes to actually targeting the violent criminals? Crickets.

    See...I think you are full of **** personally. I think you cant come right and say what you mean because at the end of the day, you are no different than tres goofus. You want more inane ineffective gun laws passed knowing full well they will never impact criminals...only law abiding citizens.

  10. #700
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Moderator's Warning:
    Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]The personal attacks, trolling, and baiting needs to stop or infractions/thread bans will be issued.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Page 70 of 77 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •