Page 67 of 77 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 670 of 765

Thread: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

  1. #661
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Ah! So...finally. Common ground! No new laws...but life sentences for violent criminals using firearms. Right? That's the 'change' you want.
    Me, I am not sure I would support life sentences for "violent" gun crime in general. For me, it would need to be limited to things like "deadly" actual and attempted assaults (example: pistol whipping someone wouldn't necessarily be on par with shooting someone, in my book). But over all, I do agree penalties are way too lenient here across the board. I also feel the p2p gun sales need to be tightened and that we need better mental health monitoring, especially in direct relation to gun ownership

    PS one area that would also need working on if such penalties were enacted would be those governing self-defense. As it now stands, I would not feel safe with such changes taking place

  2. #662
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    sorry I don't believe you. we have had another poster who makes the same specious claims. He whines about "bad" pro gun arguments but never ever attacks the far far more idiotic emoto babbling hoplophobic nonsense we see from people who aren't even honest about why they want to impose more gun laws
    you can find plenty of instances where I defend gun rights on this board

  3. #663
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,523
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    we are used to people like you not answering easy questions

    that you won't tell us what gun laws you oppose and support, we are left with the rational conclusion that your claims of being pro gun are BS.

    the only gun law that matters in this shooting is the fact that the people who were slain were not allowed to carry guns for the most part. It was a Clinton law that made domestic military bases GFZs, especially for civilian contractors
    I've got to say...as a not too objective observer, it sure looks like Chuckles is rhetorically disemboweling you. Pretty impressively, I might add.

    Seems like someone with a 1570 SAT could recognize that!
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  4. #664
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    we are used to people like you not answering easy questions

    that you won't tell us what gun laws you oppose and support, we are left with the rational conclusion that your claims of being pro gun are BS.

    the only gun law that matters in this shooting is the fact that the people who were slain were not allowed to carry guns for the most part. It was a Clinton law that made domestic military bases GFZs, especially for civilian contractors
    from above;

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    so rather than pretend who is expert why don't you just answer my question since I already set forth my position on proposed and current gun control schemes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    because it is/was an obvious attempt to divert from the point we were discussing.

  5. #665
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    I just outlined how they were different. Simply ignoring those differences doesn't make your argument effective. You need to actually address those points



    So stricter gun control laws restricted access to guns in your argument that stricter laws ***do not*** limit access to guns?

    Again, think before you write
    If your dumb gun control measures worked, the incident that we are discussing would never have happened. It doesn't work. Criminals don't follow laws genius.

  6. #666
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,572

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    I've got to say...as a not too objective observer, it sure looks like Chuckles is rhetorically disemboweling you. Pretty impressively, I might add.

    Seems like someone with a 1570 SAT could recognize that!
    yeah he is refusing to tell us his position and you consider that winning

    sort of like watching a boxing match and one contestant runs to the ladies room and you claim he won because he never got knocked down by the guy who remained in the ring



  7. #667
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,572

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    If your dumb gun control measures worked, the incident that we are discussing would never have happened. It doesn't work. Criminals don't follow laws genius.
    that Navy Yard is a gun haters wet dream. almost no one could carry a gun legally



  8. #668
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,572

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    you can find plenty of instances where I defend gun rights on this board
    I have seen that defense before--another guy who claims not to hate guns tells us to search his posts to find his evidence rather than just listing his position again.

    I don't buy it.



  9. #669
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    If your dumb gun control measures worked, the incident that we are discussing would never have happened. It doesn't work. Criminals don't follow laws genius.
    Vance mack just sited material that asserts the exact opposite and you thanked him for it.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1062333004

  10. #670
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I have seen that defense before--another guy who claims not to hate guns tells us to search his posts to find his evidence rather than just listing his position again.

    I don't buy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    so rather than pretend who is expert why don't you just answer my question since I already set forth my position on proposed and current gun control schemes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    because it is/was an obvious attempt to divert from the point we were discussing.
    12345

Page 67 of 77 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •