Page 64 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
Results 631 to 640 of 765

Thread: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

  1. #631
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I don't believe he had any to start with. You see, its obvious that his motivations for gun restrictions are based on a desire to harass honest gun owners rather than the facade he spews of crime control. When one's entire argument is based on a dishonest premise, the house of cards quickly collapses
    Obviously when you spend the whole time to type out a bunch of punctuation marks.

  2. #632
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    Yet, this hasn't played out in Japan



    I just outlined how drugs are different than guns. You are free to disagree with that argument, but to be effective you will need to actually address it, not simply dismiss and ignore it




    You said this before, but presented no evidence to support it, and I cited the lack of significant gun crime to undermine it. So one of us made a convincing argument, but it wasn't you
    Drugs are no different. They are a banned substance smuggled into this country for ready and illegal sale and distribution. Guns would be NO different. The only difference would be only the criminals would have them in your fantasy world.

    And guns were actually quite regularly smuggled into Japan. What changed that was not the ban...it was increased and harsh sentences on illegal gun possession and use.
    21st-Century Yakuza: Recent Trends in Organized Crime in Japan ~Part 1 ???????? ?? ??????????????? :: JapanFocus

  3. #633
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,580

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    wrong, the burden is on freedom hating control freaks who want to limit our freedom and rights to prove that their schemes will make us safer without unduly burdening the rights of free men. That you and people like you make asinine comparisons to countries that have different cultures, different ethic mixes etc (and its interesting how you avoid countries like Mexico, the RSA and Russia as well as Switzerland) proves you cannot find any evidence that your hoplophobic wet dreams can be justified by what has gone on in the USA-such as Chicago and DC having massive murder and crime rates despite complete handgun bans for YEARS
    I just learned a new word:

    hoplophobe


    A person who is afflicted with an irrational fear of firearms.
    from the Urban Dictionary
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  4. #634
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Drugs are no different. They are a banned substance smuggled into this country for ready and illegal sale and distribution.
    I just outlined how they were different. Simply ignoring those differences doesn't make your argument effective. You need to actually address those points

    And guns were actually quite regularly smuggled into Japan. What changed that was not the ban...it was increased and harsh sentences on illegal gun possession and use.
    So stricter gun control laws restricted access to guns in your argument that stricter laws ***do not*** limit access to guns?

    Again, think before you write

  5. #635
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,837

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Active gunmen in US navy Yard, the thread, was there more than one?
    None of you folks will talk about solutions.Why?
    Can't wait til Dec. 14 with you dysfunctionals.
    Meanwhile, schools and states move ahead of the D.C. and blogger BS, with CC.
    This gunmen doesn't mass-murder this way with CC.
    Last edited by NIMBY; 09-18-13 at 11:13 PM.

  6. #636
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,763

    Re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    What a tragic event. This is just another incident that shows Obama and his administration are weak and can not protect us from terrorism like the Bush administration did.
    You are totally right. Without Bush in office, we might have had an attack on the World Trade Center.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  7. #637
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,763

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    The fact that I am not making silly claims like "knives are more deadly than guns" and making all gun advocates look like mindless ideologues?




    Being pro gun doesn't mean I need to support every moronic argument made by a gun advocate.
    You are right. Perhaps the news story should have read "Gun kidnaps a mentally deranged man, then goes on rampage, killing 12 people".
    Last edited by danarhea; 09-18-13 at 11:18 PM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  8. #638
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    I just outlined how they were different. Simply ignoring those differences doesn't make your argument effective. You need to actually address those points



    So stricter gun control laws restricted access to guns in your argument that stricter laws ***do not*** limit access to guns?

    Again, think before you write
    You should try that yourself. Thats not what that report said. There was no shortage of ACCESS. They were smuggling in firearms routinely. Japan increased the PENALTY to such a level that the CRIMINALS decided it wasnt worth it. Now...show me how that is ANYTHING different than what I have said all along. The BAN didnt stop criminal possession...the PENALTY did. So...how about it...are you ready to institute life sentences for violent criminals that use a firearm in the commission of a crime?

  9. #639
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    You are right. Perhaps the news story should have read "Gun kidnaps a mentally deranged man, then goes on rampage, killing 12 people".
    I understand this is an attempt at humor, but it seemingly makes no sense. So I must ask, what point were you attempting to address with this?

  10. #640
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,763

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    I understand this is an attempt at humor, but it seemingly makes no sense. So I must ask, what point were you attempting to address with this?
    The point is this: The gun did not murder 12 people. The shooter did, and gun owners should not have to pay the price for the rampage. But gun control advocates will, of course, insist on it.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

Page 64 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •