Page 60 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
Results 591 to 600 of 765

Thread: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

  1. #591
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    That's not true.

    Murders in the UK
    that's the danger of being new and unlearned about the subject. BS quickly gets napalmed by those who are experienced and well educated



  2. #592
    Educator ethanUNC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Last Seen
    03-29-15 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    984

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    it appears to be sort of a socialist stockholm syndrome that would explain a resident of the city that gives us Rahmbutt, Bugsy Daily, the Saint Valentine's Day Massacre and Obamatardation, whining about gun rights
    And you went to Yale? Jesus, you must have went when it was easy to get in.

  3. #593
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,618

    Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69]

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Not even close, dystopic cowboy.

    YOU stated: Laws do not affect availability of guns.
    I showed: Laws on automatic weapons dramatically affect availability of automatic weapons.
    Logic concludes: Laws affect availability of guns.
    YOU conclude: Chicago! Murders! (not apparently noting Chicago is steps away from a state with fairly lax gun laws).
    not at all...you realized you have absolutely zero by way of an argument. No AR15 argument, no background check argument, so you jumped to 'automatic weapons' as an out. Automatic weapons can still be had. They aren't prevalent because they just aren't NECESSARY. Just how many automatic weapons do you think there were prior to the laws changing requiring a license for possession?

  4. #594
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    Ha~!!! Well, claiming something on the internet hardly establishes something as fact. But if you are, that is just sad and goes far in explaining why gun rights are circling the drain here



    I support gun rights. Where we seem to be at odds is in the our perceived value of silly arguments like "knives are more deadly than guns, in general" and the effectiveness of just shouting down those that you disagree with
    yeah there have been a couple others who have made that claim only to have those who know who I am shoot them down. You don't support gun rights. You have accepted the faith based belief that laws that only apply to honest americans will somehow deter criminals without ruining our rights



  5. #595
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,325

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that's the danger of being new and unlearned about the subject. BS quickly gets napalmed by those who are experienced and well educated
    While I'm no expert on the subject, I would like to see his evidence.

  6. #596
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,535

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    not at all...you realized you have absolutely zero by way of an argument. No AR15 argument, no background check argument, so you jumped to 'automatic weapons' as an out. Automatic weapons can still be had. They aren't prevalent because they just aren't NECESSARY. Just how many automatic weapons do you think there were prior to the laws changing requiring a license for possession?
    Theres only one appropriate response:

    ............................................______ __
    ....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
    .............................,.-"..................................."-.,
    .........................,/...............................................":,
    .....................,?........................... ...........................,
    .................../.................................................. .........,}
    ................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}
    .............../.................................................. .,:"........./
    ..............?.....__............................ .............:`.........../
    ............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
    .........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`..... ..._/
    ..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
    ...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
    ...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....} ............../
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
    ............/.`~,......`-...................................../
    .............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
    ,,_..........}.>-._...................................|............ ..`=~-,
    .....`=~-,__......`,.................................
    ...................`=~-,,.,...............................
    ................................`:,,.............. .............`..............__
    .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
    ........................................_......... .._,-%.......`
    ...................................,

  7. #597
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by ethanUNC View Post
    And you went to Yale? Jesus, you must have went when it was easy to get in.
    Yeah I was upset that I missed 30 points on the SAT and only got a 1570. I was also upset I only made it to the finals of the Rhodes Scholarship competition and two Olympic team trials rather than getting one or a spot to the cancelled Moscow Olympics or Korea

    Oh and I was offered one of those Morehead scholarships at a fairly decent Law School in Chapel Hill



  8. #598
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    While I'm no expert on the subject, I would like to see his evidence.
    It doesn't exist. I have read the studies. Scotland is now, per capita, a far more violent society than ours



  9. #599
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Besides the Ohio school district I showed in post #114 which I'm sure you're aware of, here's another from Arkansas.

    Schools chief on arming teachers: 'We can't wait for minutes to pass' - TODAY.com

    Problem is, media from all wings should STFU and let us Educators protect our kids in Peace.
    What do you think of CC in schools?
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    there are easier ways to concede you have lost

  10. #600
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Theres only one appropriate response:

    ............................................______ __
    ....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
    .............................,.-"..................................."-.,
    .........................,/...............................................":,
    .....................,?........................... ...........................,
    .................../.................................................. .........,}
    ................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}
    .............../.................................................. .,:"........./
    ..............?.....__............................ .............:`.........../
    ............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
    .........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`..... ..._/
    ..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
    ...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
    ...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....} ............../
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
    ............/.`~,......`-...................................../
    .............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
    ,,_..........}.>-._...................................|............ ..`=~-,
    .....`=~-,__......`,.................................
    ...................`=~-,,.,...............................
    ................................`:,,.............. .............`..............__
    .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
    ........................................_......... .._,-%.......`
    ...................................,
    That's pretty cool, but that doesn't mean you know what you're talking about.

Page 60 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •