Page 51 of 77 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 765

Thread: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

  1. #501
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,540

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    I was with you up to the last sentence.

    Do you think SAMs are not available in the US because of lack of demand? I'm pretty sure the laws play a major role...
    SAMs are a tad easier to control as all of them are in the hands of the military.

    Guns, on the other hand, are in the hands of practically everyone.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  2. #502
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,540

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    lol, no, I was rather clear in what I wrote.



    Part of what makes this exchange so laughable is that the very sources you are citing allude to and suggest that tighter regulations would help limit the access criminals have to guns. If you want to take the absurdest position that regulation needs to prevent criminals from ever getting guns, that is on you. But it's an argument that makes no sense and feel no need to address it



    Who said anything about criminals never being able to get guns? My argument concerned limited access and your own links suggest theft accounts for a small part of criminal acquisition of firearms (10-15%)
    Yes, they just buy them from an individual willing to sell them and ignore the law.

    and you would stop that how again?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  3. #503
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Yes, they just buy them from an individual willing to sell them and ignore the law.
    Your own links make clear the transactions are legal and that the suppliers are buying the guns legally. If you want to simply ignore the previous points I already offered on such, there isn't really any point in me repeating myself here when they are just 1-2 pages back

  4. #504
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    I posted a quote, I gave you the article. Try reading. OR...in lieu of that lets just accept this as a fact.
    I did read the article, and it was the same quote [rovided by Dittohead and I addressed it there


    YOU may be clueless how to obtain illegal firearms. OBVIOUSLY...violent criminals...they got it knocked.
    Well, according to your sources, one of the main issue seems to be overlaxed regulation and legal transactions. How this speaks to the black market, I still don't know

  5. #505
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,540

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    Your own links make clear the transactions are legal and that the suppliers are buying the guns legally. If you want to simply ignore the previous points I already offered on such, there isn't really any point in me repeating myself here when they are just 1-2 pages back
    You're partly correct.

    There really is not point in your continuing to repeat yourself.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  6. #506
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    SAMs are a tad easier to control as all of them are in the hands of the military.

    Guns, on the other hand, are in the hands of practically everyone.
    that's a circular argument, and rather silly in addressing the intent to remove guns from "the hands of practically everyone"

  7. #507
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    yet they do kill more meaning they are more dangerous because they kill without any deliberate intent on the part of the owners to do so.

    your argument is specious
    No but this counterargument is stupid and aimed at trivialization and distraction. I do not care to speak of swimming pools and/or cars. What they have to do with accidental death is a subject for another thread.

    The issue is about guns and your constitutional right to "bare arms." You are fighting to keep this right even though it may increase the odds of being killed by it.

    That is astonishing. As Threegoofs put it: Fight to the death for the right to be killed easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  8. #508
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,831

    Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    that's a circular argument, and rather silly in addressing the intent to remove guns from "the hands of practically everyone"
    Given the vast difference in the numbers between the two, it is logical.

    The only silliness is your dismissal of the logic.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  9. #509
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,540

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    that's a circular argument, and rather silly in addressing the intent to remove guns from "the hands of practically everyone"
    Who has the "intent to remove guns from the hands of practically everyone"?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  10. #510
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,670

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    I did read the article, and it was the same quote [rovided by Dittohead and I addressed it there
    Well, according to your sources, one of the main issue seems to be overlaxed regulation and legal transactions. How this speaks to the black market, I still don't know
    Would you like to continue to pretend there isnt an extensive black market or just accept that you know nothing about it?

Page 51 of 77 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •