Page 47 of 77 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 765

Thread: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

  1. #461
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Many things will likely be reported that happened, concerning this latest moron, before he went out in his blaze of glory. The problem is that none were deemed sufficient to remove that moron from society, or even to restrict his access to a "secure" facility. Those that count on the gov't to keep them safe may as well count on Santa Claus to give them all of the items on their wish list. All too often, we read of countless prior offenses committed by these folks yet, as you say, we will never actually lock them up permanently because freedom trumps safety. I, as most, do not want to give up freedom with the silly hope that more gov't power will keep us safe.
    Agreed my friend. I will refer you to my signature line as I did Dittohead. Thomas Jefferson said it best. The thing is, for every maniac that commits an atrocity such as this and shows the warning signs he did, there are thousands that show the same warning signs and never commit the atrocity. Do we impede on those people's lives and liberty, and in turn everyone's life and liberty, to catch one guy who will do this? I don't think so. This isn't Minority Report (if you've seen it).
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  2. #462
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    The only thing the Libbos got right about Aaron Alexis is that he's from Texas.

    Friend Describes Alexis as Obama Supporter, 'More of a Liberal'
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #463
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    Well, Marine's never were known for their deep thinking...
    That, I will agree with lol. We're pretty much functional retards.

    No offense to anyone with my use of the "r" word.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  4. #464
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The only thing the Libbos got right about Aaron Alexis is that he's from Texas.

    Friend Describes Alexis as Obama Supporter, 'More of a Liberal'
    Wasn't he just stationed in Texas?

  5. #465
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    Wasn't he just stationed in Texas?
    Maybe so...
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #466
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Maybe so...
    Last i read, he was originally from NY, was stationed in Texas for a time, and just recently returned from Japan. But you know how details are constantly changing with these incidents

  7. #467
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,590

    Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    No I'm not. Tougher gun laws do not restrict anyone from purchasing a weapon. It would only make the black market more robust and create more problems. Just like the war on drugs.
    Hmmm. Just heard that the gunman tried to buy an AR-15, but was prevented from buying one because of a LAW in Virginia, which prevents out of state buyers from buying hanguns and assault rifles. So he settled for a shotgun...if think this was much less lethal.

    I guess tougher gun laws in this case DID prevent him from purchasing a weapon. How 'retarded'.

    I expect lots of crying and blustering now.

    http://mobile.nytimes.com/2013/09/18...cials-say.html
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  8. #468
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    First, you won't likely be successful at evidencing such "probabilities" in a robust way. But worse, please review your reasoning on this. One can take your same "reasoning" and apply it to the ownership of swimming pools. Or automobiles. If you want to eliminate probability of death, you'd never have children and the species would die out. Your reasoning is shown to be absurd. I use to argue your same point until I paid attention to the arguments, just so you know.
    Cars and swimming pools are not designed to kill like guns are.
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  9. #469
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    So you care little for rights then, noted.
    Errr, I am from Dardania and our constitutional rights differ. I care of my rights. I am just trying to constructively criticize this one for I think you are paying a large price just to keep gun manufacturers rolling.
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  10. #470
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Hmmm. Just heard that the gunman tried to buy an AR-15, but was prevented from buying one because of a LAW in Virginia, which prevents out of state buyers from buying hanguns and assault rifles. So he settled for a shotgun...if think this was much less lethal.

    I guess tougher gun laws in this case DID prevent him from purchasing a weapon. How 'retarded'.

    I expect lots of crying and blustering now.

    State Law Prevented Sale of Assault Rifle to Suspect Last Week, Officials Say - NYTimes.com
    Let's get one thing straight. The only ones who are crying around here are you and your "teammates" as NIMBY would say. Because you have NO valid argument. When someone decides to buy a gun illegally, they don't have any problems. Your link changes nothing.

    BTW, the only reason why he was turned down was because he was from out of state. AND he could have easily purchased any weapon he wanted off the black market. Do you deny that?

Page 47 of 77 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •