Page 45 of 77 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 765

Thread: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

  1. #441
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Yes. Look away. Move along. Nothing to see here! (Except we need more guns. And FREEDOM!)
    what we really need are less dishonest anti gun people who don't even believe their own arguments.



  2. #442
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Yes. Look away. Move along. Nothing to see here! (Except we need more guns. And FREEDOM!)
    You don't like freedom either?

  3. #443
    Renaissance Man
    Captain Adverse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Mid-West USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    8,558
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    perhaps, my lean is to freedom meaning I won't find convincing even arguments that can prove we can gain more safety by decreasing freedom. However, the anti gun scum in office has not come close to even proving their schemes make us safer. I also tend to me completely truthful when it comes to facts

    such as noting that the stuff scumbags call "assault weapons" are rarely used in crime (which really doesn't matter-criminal misuse does not proffer a strong argument against prohibiting lawful ownership or use)

    Since most anti gunners' positions are based on dishonesty (pretending crime control rather than harassing lawful ownership is their motivation), the rest of their arguments tend to be easily destroyed.
    That's because they don't have any valid arguments. All their arguments do is cry fear in order to make us absolutely dependent on government "protection," while failing to realize this also places us firmly under government control!

    People need to start realizing that their safety is in their own hands. Law enforcement seldom arrives BEFORE a crime has been committed, they typically arrive AFTER and then the job is finding, arresting, and providing evidence so the government can prosecute the suspect. A lot of good that does to people who are dead or injured in the meantime.
    If I stop responding it doesn't mean I've conceded the point or agree with you. It only means I've made my point and I don't mind you having the last word. Please wait a few minutes before "quoting" me. I often correct errors for a minute or two after I post before the final product is ready.

  4. #444
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,128

    Re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    Oh, it's just courage? Well, my idealist friend, what person or group of people do you believe will be the one(s) to suddenly inspire parents to push away those evil first person shooters, those politicians to deal in reality instead of fear mongering, for all state governments to suddenly loosen gun laws, for all those people that don't believe in guns to suddenly become Ted Nugent clones and pick up their .45's and defend everyone else? Who will be this messiah of safety and sanity you speak of? What group will step up and give us this courage? It's time to deal in reality brother. No one is the answer to those questions.

    Why are you looking to others for answers? Do your part, I do mine. Lead by example, it can be contagious...

  5. #445
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,540

    Re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    Here's a scenario for you. How about a guy isn't mentally ill but a doctor says he is? The doctor decides to put him in some sort of gov't run database saying he's unfit to carry a firearm. Another doctor then says he is mentally fit. Which one is the gov't going to believe? Or, better yet, how about a vet comes back from Afghan or whatever country we decide to invade next and says he is having issues. A doctor, just to be on the safe side (because he would be responsible now), decides to put him in the database. Or, worst of all, someone just gets their name put in the database due to clerical error. Have you ever tried to get the Federal gov't to give you something back once they've taken it? It takes a friggin year for veterans to get benefits from injuries incurred in war! It takes years to receive back taxes sometimes. And you want to entrust the Federal gov't to run this system competently? Come on man. I would be willing to wager this system, if this is what you are implying, would be far more infringing that helpful. If this isn't what you think should happen, I'd like to hear exactly what you believe could be done.
    No doubt there would be some errors, but what is the alternative? Simply ignore mental illness?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  6. #446
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard

    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  7. #447
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    well if he voted there was a 96% probability he voted for Obamatardation



  8. #448
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,580

    Re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    I got that. But that doesn't fix the problem. That's the point. There is nothing we can do to fix it. Sure, we can blame individuals. But that means something has already happened. That means the individual has already committed the atrocity.
    Many things will likely be reported that happened, concerning this latest moron, before he went out in his blaze of glory. The problem is that none were deemed sufficient to remove that moron from society, or even to restrict his access to a "secure" facility. Those that count on the gov't to keep them safe may as well count on Santa Claus to give them all of the items on their wish list. All too often, we read of countless prior offenses committed by these folks yet, as you say, we will never actually lock them up permanently because freedom trumps safety. I, as most, do not want to give up freedom with the silly hope that more gov't power will keep us safe.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  9. #449
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Actually CCWers have a better record than police when it comes to shooting the RIGHT person, rather than innocents and bystanders.
    Someone mentioned this earlier but couldn't provide a real source for it. Do you have one?

  10. #450
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,159

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    Someone mentioned this earlier but couldn't provide a real source for it. Do you have one?

    The problem is there is no compendium of police shootings that is available to the public. I've tried to find one.


    But here's the thing: consider how often you hear about police shooting the wrong guy, a bystander, etc. Quite a lot right?

    If a CCW'er shot the wrong person it would be national news for the next 6 months. Heard of one?


    Nope

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

Page 45 of 77 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •