Page 29 of 77 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 765

Thread: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

  1. #281
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by gunner View Post
    I don't recall implying anything of the sort.

    Paul
    you were asking why nutcases bent on being modern day kamikazes almost always choose guns

    I was trying to explain why



  2. #282
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    no reason to make up something I never said or pick on one comment that you cannot dispute in an effort to satisfy a need to say SOMETHING
    What are you even talking about? I only asked because I was interested in reading about it.


    what other law would have mattered when a death penalty doesn't deter someone?
    Well, removing legal channels to purchase a gun does tend to limit a person's ability to purchase a gun, and also limits the ability to transport and carry such items. Certainly nothing full proof, but it's an added layer of control and protection

  3. #283
    Sage
    gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    uk
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,365

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Although his gun ownership is a question, the first one I have is how the heck could this guy have maintained a security clearance? Are they not checking mental illness now? Has our military gotten so PC that they are scared to deny someone for mental illness? That's a problem if so.
    Hasn't the 'ease' to which someone can purchase a gun, been an issue with the anti gun lobby? Sincere question.

    Paul
    RIP THE EUROPEAN FORUM 2016

  4. #284
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Although his gun ownership is a question, the first one I have is how the heck could this guy have maintained a security clearance? Are they not checking mental illness now? Has our military gotten so PC that they are scared to deny someone for mental illness? That's a problem if so.
    Well, the irony is that he seems to have gotten discharged due to conduct issues but made his way back into the navy as a private contractor. So likely got a boost in his pay for the trouble.


    PS have you heard what he used in the shooting?

  5. #285
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    What are you even talking about? I only asked because I was interested in reading about it.




    Well, removing legal channels to purchase a gun does tend to limit a person's ability to purchase a gun, and also limits the ability to transport and carry such items. Certainly nothing full proof, but it's an added layer of control and protection
    yeah the war on drugs has been a big success but your "solution" is to deter or prevent millions of law abiding people from owning guns (that ownership tends to suppress criminal activity) in the blind faith based hope it might stop someone from engaging in capital murder

    that is why we tend to reject such "solutions" because a fix that tends to impede proper people owning guns rather than criminals is not only ineffective, rather it also suggests that people like you want to deter good people from being armed



  6. #286
    Sage
    gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    uk
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,365

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you were asking why nutcases bent on being modern day kamikazes almost always choose guns

    I was trying to explain why
    NO. You were alluding to a premise, that you thought I was making. Now if you had said I was suggesting America has a cultural problem over guns you would have been correct.

    Paul
    RIP THE EUROPEAN FORUM 2016

  7. #287
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by gunner View Post
    NO. You were alluding to a premise, that you thought I was making. Now if you had said I was suggesting America has a cultural problem over guns you would have been correct.

    Paul
    nope, I saw it as a question you were asking, and being expert on this subject, I gave you an answer. we have a cultural problem of nutcases and a legal problem of victim disarmament zones



  8. #288
    Sage
    gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    uk
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,365

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    nope, I saw it as a question you were asking, and being expert on this subject, I gave you an answer. we have a cultural problem of nutcases and a legal problem of victim disarmament zones
    An expert with a lean "libertarian Right"? Can you not see the vested interest, that makes your 'expertize' questionable to say the least...

    Paul
    RIP THE EUROPEAN FORUM 2016

  9. #289
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    yeah the war on drugs has been a big success but your "solution" is to deter or prevent millions of law abiding people from owning guns (that ownership tends to suppress criminal activity) in the blind faith based hope it might stop someone from engaging in capital murder
    1) Since I didn't make much of a suggestion, I am unsure how you could infer that I wanted to "prevent millions of law abiding people from owning guns"

    2) I'm not sure the drug trade is a good analogy to an illegal gun trade.


    hat is why we tend to reject such "solutions" because a fix that tends to impede proper people owning guns rather than criminals is not only ineffective, rather it also suggests that people like you want to deter good people from being armed
    1) Do you have a tape worm?

    2)As I said above, I didn't suggest much in my post. So it's amazing you were able to formulate some detailed plan from it

    PS you are showing yourself to be a really horrible advocate for gun rights, mate. I can't imagine anyone besides a blind ideologue finding much value in what you write here, and you're not going to secure much singing to the choir.

    Maybe rethink the strategy

  10. #290
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,820

    Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    1) Since I didn't make much of a suggestion, I am unsure how you could infer that I wanted to "prevent millions of law abiding people from owning guns"

    2) I'm not sure the drug trade is a good analogy to an illegal gun trade.




    1) Do you have a tape worm?

    2)As I said above, I didn't suggest much in my post. So it's amazing you were able to formulate some detailed plan from it

    PS you are showing yourself to be a really horrible advocate for gun rights, mate. I can't imagine anyone besides a blind ideologue finding much value in what you write here, and you're not going to secure much singing to the choir.

    Maybe rethink the strategy
    Maybe work on that comprehension issue.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

Page 29 of 77 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •