Page 24 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 765

Thread: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

  1. #231
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,895

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    same with cops. many of the top brass almost never shoot and the average cop shoots less than 200 rounds a year
    My detective buddy Travis, who, when he retired, had not had his gun out of it's holster for many years.

    It was loaded, and stuck.

    We know, cause we tried to get it out.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  2. #232
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,895

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    almost never shoot/200 rounds per year > haven't fired in years.

    Are you going to finally cite that data which proves me wrong, or are you and SMTA going to just continue setting gun advocacy back?
    Apply math all you want - both those numbers are worthless - basically equal to zero.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  3. #233
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,779

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post

    I keep asking you to show this evidence that CCW holders are better gun handlers, but you won't do it. And unfortunately that makes your claim look false.



    Then feel free to shut me up and post it here. Should be easy, right?
    ok here is your schooling


    Fact Sheet: Guns Save Lives - Gun Owners of America

    and readers of Newsweek learned that "only 2 percent of civilian shootings involved an innocent person mistakenly identified as a criminal. The 'error rate' for the police, however, was 11 percent, more than five times as high."[7]



  4. #234
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    Snort!
    you're still showing obvious signs of confusion. I'm not citing the personal anecdote of that individual to establish a trend. I cited him to show how your personal anecdote is faulty because it doesn't account for such individuals. What I cited to establish a trend was the requirements for getting a CCW in comparison to those for becoming a cop

    A pretty simple and rather obvious distinction

  5. #235
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    ok here is your schooling


    Fact Sheet: Guns Save Lives - Gun Owners of America

    and readers of Newsweek learned that "only 2 percent of civilian shootings involved an innocent person mistakenly identified as a criminal. The 'error rate' for the police, however, was 11 percent, more than five times as high."[7]
    thank you. I'll read it and get back to you

    PS that's not research or data. It's a fact sheet which in no way gives me any context for the data.
    Last edited by Dr. Chuckles; 09-17-13 at 12:07 AM.

  6. #236
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,779

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    My detective buddy Travis, who, when he retired, had not had his gun out of it's holster for many years.

    It was loaded, and stuck.

    We know, cause we tried to get it out.
    One of my shooting buddies, a former instructor with CPD and now a rangemaster and FFL got the contract to sell the SW trade-ins from CPD. He noted most of these guns have very little use. My similar gun has had at least 11,000 rounds through it



  7. #237
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,895

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    you're still showing obvious signs of confusion. I'm not citing the personal anecdote of that individual to establish a trend. I cited him to show how your personal anecdote is faulty because it doesn't account for such individuals. What I cited to establish a trend was the requirements for getting a CCW in comparison to those for becoming a cop

    A pretty simple and rather obvious distinction
    No. I was laughing at the hilarity of your comment.

    You are giving yourself way too much credit here.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  8. #238
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,895

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    One of my shooting buddies, a former instructor with CPD and now a rangemaster and FFL got the contract to sell the SW trade-ins from CPD. He noted most of these guns have very little use. My similar gun has had at least 11,000 rounds through it

    Several of my friends have purchased these over the years.

    Holster wear on the finish, and perfect bores.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  9. #239
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    Yea, you did:



    I explained that there would be no more guns, and why.

    Simple.
    OK... you are fighting a strawman. Let me recap:

    Quote Originally Posted by Μολὼν λαβέ
    if concealed carry had been allowed, which I'm pretty sure it wasn't in this situation, the shooter wouldn't have killed nearly as many people as he did today.
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob
    That's such a bull**** hypothetical. It's just as likely that the conceal and carry person would've shot someone else by accident. Or that yet another conceal and carry person had theirs out and got mistaken for the shooter.
    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA
    My first instinct is to leave a potentially violent situation, not to engage it.
    I was telling Μολὼν λαβέ his scenario where CCW's engage was bull****. You then inserted yourself into that as if you were countering me. You are agreeing with me while at the same time pretending that I'm contesting you somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  10. #240
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,779

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    thank you. I'll read it and get back to you
    Here is more

    GUNS - The Untold Truth

    Arguing The Case For Police Accountability - Part 1



Page 24 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •