Page 23 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 765

Thread: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

  1. #221
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I don't doubt it when I represented the Sheriff's department as an associate at a big law firm, the Sheriff asked me if I would want to be "deputized" so I could shoot for his department in the state LEO events. I was going to another position so I had to decline but I was pretty much the top dog in the area other than an ATF guy who was about the best there ever was
    I understand you two want to do your part to keep gun rights protected, but making silly arguments on a message board are not going to accomplish that. You will serve your cause much better if you don't try to intentionally confuse such a simple concept as "averages"

  2. #222
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,839

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    lets see, I was a pin GM, a USPSA Class A when that was the top division, and now I am shooting several steel events a month where I generally place in the top 3 of the most competitive division (Production or stock). I also compete in Clays (one of the top in the area) and I shot on the International shotgun circuit for years. I also do GSSF leagues of at least 9 shoots a year. Shooting USPSA, IDPA or Steel puts you under extreme time pressure which is the best training for shooting under pressure. Very few cops do that
    Remind me to not piss you off!
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  3. #223
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,640

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    This was already an issue I addressed and you still have not presented the actual data

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1062323734



    then present the actual data, as opposed to simply asserting some expertise in the area. Because the later is just a waste of time and make it look like you are simply full of empty bluster
    I don't come here to satisfy the needs of those who are ignorant of reality. We get the fact that you are anti gun and you think cops are more worthy to carry than the rest of us civilians. You base that on an irrelevant claim that it takes more effort to be a cop than to get a ccw which means nothing in this issue. IF it were relevant, then cops would be better gun handlers than CCW holders They are not and the evidence has been posted on the gun forum dozens of times



  4. #224
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    From the several hundred CCW people I know, I am far from the best.
    Again, assuming you are being honest, I know CCW holders who haven't fired a gun in years. Hence the problem with relying on your personal anecdotes to establish a trend

    Do you understand how common sense works?
    Yes. Are you asking me to tutor you?

  5. #225
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,014

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    You fail to understand that folks like me who carry are not cops and don't want to be cops.

    My first instinct is to leave a potentially violent situation, not to engage it.

    Unless my wife or kids are involved, I have no business getting involved myself.

    We all carry to protect ourselves and our families, not anyone or everyone else.

    I have been both a cop and now a CCW holder.

    I received minimal firearms training as a cop.

    I have trained much more as a private citizen who carries.

    I probably know well over 200 people who carry daily.

    Most of us shoot in some type of competition, usually IDPA.
    Don't know why you are confronting me. I just countered the ridiculous claim that Μολὼν λαβέ made saying that CCW's would've killed the shooter and ended it before that many people were killed. Seeing how you claim that you wouldn't have engaged, then you seem to agree with me. BTW... I didn't say what you said was untrue. I just said it's hard to believe. Had you credibly linked, I wouldn't have doubted it so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  6. #226
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I don't come here to satisfy the needs
    You're clearly trying to advocate for a position and challenge my argument. Unfortunately continually falling back on empty bluster isn't going to get you far with either

    We get the fact that you are anti gun and you think cops are more worthy to carry than the rest of us civilians.
    Actually I'm pretty pro-gun. I just saw what seemed to be a silly claim, asked for clarification on it, and saw someone try to support it with a silly argument. And as we continue to discuss it, there is still a clear disparity in supporting evidence and reason


    You base that on an irrelevant claim that it takes more effort to be a cop than to get a ccw which means nothing in this issue.
    If the claim is that CCWs will out perform cops it serves as pretty clear evidence on why that would not be true.

    IF it were relevant, then cops would be better gun handlers than CCW holders
    I keep asking you to show this evidence that CCW holders are better gun handlers, but you won't do it. And unfortunately that makes your claim look false.

    They are not and the evidence has been posted on the gun forum dozens of times
    Then feel free to shut me up and post it here. Should be easy, right?

  7. #227
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,839

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    Again, assuming you are being honest, I know CCW holders who haven't fired a gun in years. Hence the problem with relying on your personal anecdotes to establish a trend



    Yes. Are you asking me to tutor you?
    Snort!
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  8. #228
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,640

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    Again, assuming you are being honest, I know CCW holders who haven't fired a gun in years. Hence the problem with relying on your personal anecdotes to establish a trend



    Yes. Are you asking me to tutor you?
    same with cops. many of the top brass almost never shoot and the average cop shoots less than 200 rounds a year



  9. #229
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,839

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Don't know why you are confronting me. I just countered the ridiculous claim that Μολὼν λαβέ made saying that CCW's would've killed the shooter and ended it before that many people were killed. Seeing how you claim that you wouldn't have engaged, then you seem to agree with me. BTW... I didn't say what you said was untrue. I just said it's hard to believe. Had you credibly linked, I wouldn't have doubted it so.
    Yea, you did:

    And you still didn't address my last sentence. How does introducing more guns into a scenario where nobody knows who the bad guy is but several people have drawn guns help?
    I explained that there would be no more guns, and why.

    Simple.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  10. #230
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    same with cops. many of the top brass almost never shoot and the average cop shoots less than 200 rounds a year


    almost never shoot/200 rounds per year > haven't fired in years.

    Are you going to finally cite that data which proves me wrong, or are you and SMTA going to just continue setting gun advocacy back?

Page 23 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •