Page 21 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 765

Thread: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

  1. #201
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    actually most do. The average cop shoots less than 200 rounds a year. Me-that's a light week of training. My 15 year old son has close to 100,000 rounds of experience.
    But we are not talking about you, we are talking about CCW permit holders as a whole. You represent one person

  2. #202
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,709

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    It's not a silly argument. It's rather clear the bar is set higher in becoming a cop than it is acquiring a CCW permit (at least where I live). If you disagree feel free to explain why as opposed to having a silly tantrum. It would also make for more effective advocacy, if that is your interest here
    It doesn't seem to have occurred to him that there are qualifications beyond being able to fire a weapon at a target with accuracy.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  3. #203
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Being better at shooting does not make you more qualified to carry a weapon.
    all things else being equal it does. and you cannot disprove my statement because you aren't trained in this area. again, I am far more qualified to carry weapons than 99% of the cops in the USA. and that is true with tons of CCW holders who are better educated, smarter and have more training than most cops.



  4. #204
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    Are you comparing specifically firearms related training? Because police have a wider variety of material to cover.
    No, I am pointing out that it's more difficult to become a cop than simply getting a CCW. I know people with a CCW who could never make it as a cop.

    PS what material is required to be covered for a CCW where you live? For me, I need to pass a background check and get a written recommendation from two people in my county. Clearly nothing that requires training or any knowledge of a gun, what so ever.

    So the appeal to it being some dividing line on skill still seems silly
    Last edited by Dr. Chuckles; 09-16-13 at 11:23 PM.

  5. #205
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    all things else being equal it does. and you cannot disprove my statement because you aren't trained in this area.
    Why would he have to disprove your statement? The burden of proof rests with you

  6. #206
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    It doesn't seem to have occurred to him that there are qualifications beyond being able to fire a weapon at a target with accuracy.
    That's funny coming from someone I doubt has any clue what it takes to carry a weapon properly.

    lets see

    I have a law degree

    I have been in a shooting situation in which my actions were not only ruled proper but were commended by the DA and the Sheriff and the presiding judge of the county court,

    I have defended police officers and agencies in shooting situations

    and I am a world class shot

    yeah, I am far more qualified than most cops

    then again, so is my 15 year old son and that is coming not just from me but one of the Top police trainers in Ohio-a guy who is nationally acclaimed in this area



  7. #207
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    It's not a silly argument. It's rather clear the bar is set higher in becoming a cop than it is acquiring a CCW permit (at least where I live). If you disagree feel free to explain why as opposed to having a silly tantrum. It would also make for more effective advocacy, if that is your interest here
    but you confuse that with an insinuation that those who become cops are a higher caliber individual than those who get CCWs. That is not true



  8. #208
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,523

    Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are wrong. I will quote the former Cincinnati PD firearms instructor's testimony to Cincinnati City council years ago (BEFORE WE HAVE CCW)

    He noted if he went to the police range and chose 10 police officers at random and then drove a couple miles to the public indoor range target word, and chose 10 random shooters, and tested them on gun safety, marksmanship and shoot don't shoot scenarios, the non cops would win EVERY TIME.

    having trained hundreds of people, having spent hundreds of hours each year at ranges and training facilities and having defended police departments in these areas, I can tell you SMTA is absolutely correct.
    Hmmm. If Cops are such ****ty gunmen, maybe the best thing to do is to not allow them to have weapons. Like in Europe, where peace officers carry batons.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  9. #209
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,791

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are wrong. I will quote the former Cincinnati PD firearms instructor's testimony to Cincinnati City council years ago (BEFORE WE HAVE CCW)

    He noted if he went to the police range and chose 10 police officers at random and then drove a couple miles to the public indoor range target word, and chose 10 random shooters, and tested them on gun safety, marksmanship and shoot don't shoot scenarios, the non cops would win EVERY TIME.

    having trained hundreds of people, having spent hundreds of hours each year at ranges and training facilities and having defended police departments in these areas, I can tell you SMTA is absolutely correct.
    Like I said in my last post, even if CCW's are better it doesn't account for having more people in a situation where most, if no one knows who the shooter is, what he looks like and they and the police forces coming in and having not a clue as to who, with a gun, is the bad guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  10. #210
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    but you confuse that with an insinuation that those who become cops are a higher caliber individual than those who get CCWs
    No, I am pointing out that it is clearly more difficult and requires more arms training, becoming a cop, than it does getting a CCW in my area.


    That is not true
    No, it clearly is and I have clearly outlined why. But again, feel free to actually point out any flaws in my argument s and reasoning. I more than welcome them

Page 21 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •