Page 20 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 765

Thread: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

  1. #191
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    well if that were true cops would hit bad guys more than no cops and shoot less innocent people. Guess what

    they don't
    Can you give some documentation on this, so I can see the numbers and understand exactly what they are defining?

    we just had a case of cops shooting two innocents in NY. its far more common with cops
    I also imagine cops are involved in more "protective" shootings. That is why it would help to see the numbers you are talking about

  2. #192
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,298
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    There are dead, innocent human beings today.

    My least concern is some of your petty squabbles.

    Some of you, on both sides of the gun control issue are disgusting human beings and many of you should be absolutely ashamed of yourselves.

  3. #193
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are wrong. I will quote the former Cincinnati PD firearms instructor's testimony to Cincinnati City council years ago (BEFORE WE HAVE CCW)

    He noted if he went to the police range and chose 10 police officers at random and then drove a couple miles to the public indoor range target word, and chose 10 random shooters, and tested them on gun safety, marksmanship and shoot don't shoot scenarios, the non cops would win EVERY TIME.

    having trained hundreds of people, having spent hundreds of hours each year at ranges and training facilities and having defended police departments in these areas, I can tell you SMTA is absolutely correct.
    how good of a sample of people who have a CCW is that? Again, assuming this is accurate, I think it's a bit of a no brainer that people who actively choose to train in shooting would outperform people who were required via professional obligation.

    But not all CCW holders even go to the shooting range

  4. #194
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,703

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    Assuming that is all correct, those are still higher requirements than what a ccw requires (at least in my area). Not to mention, you would still be over looking the fact they have to get and maintain a job as a police officer.


    ***Those all help to eliminate individuals who could still theoretically get a CCW

    what silly argument are you making Many of us are MORE qualified than cops to carry weapons. I certainly am



  5. #195
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    There are dead, innocent human beings today.

    My least concern is some of your petty squabbles.

    Some of you, on both sides of the gun control issue are disgusting human beings and many of you should be absolutely ashamed of yourselves.
    It's a message board. people come here to discuss politics. if you are saddened by the event and don't want to discuss politics, this might not be the place to be.

  6. #196
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,703

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    how good of a sample of people who have a CCW is that? Again, assuming this is accurate, I think it's a bit of a no brainer that people who actively choose to train in shooting would outperform people who were required via professional obligation.

    But not all CCW holders even go to the shooting range
    actually most do. The average cop shoots less than 200 rounds a year. Me-that's a light week of training. My 15 year old son has close to 100,000 rounds of experience.



  7. #197
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,703

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    There are dead, innocent human beings today.

    My least concern is some of your petty squabbles.

    Some of you, on both sides of the gun control issue are disgusting human beings and many of you should be absolutely ashamed of yourselves.
    that's silly and arrogant. we cannot change the fact that some asshole who violated more than a dozen laws killed people what we can do is to argue against and rally others to prevent other assholes, like Diane Finetard, from using the deaths of innocents to rape us of our rights and to guarantee that scumbags who want to murder people will have an easier time of doing it



  8. #198
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    what silly argument are you making Many of us are MORE qualified than cops to carry weapons. I certainly am
    It's not a silly argument. It's rather clear the bar is set higher in becoming a cop than it is acquiring a CCW permit (at least where I live). If you disagree feel free to explain why as opposed to having a silly tantrum. It would also make for more effective advocacy, if that is your interest here

  9. #199
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,825

    re: Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69, 700]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    what silly argument are you making Many of us are MORE qualified than cops to carry weapons. I certainly am
    Being better at shooting does not make you more qualified to carry a weapon.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #200
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:49 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,383

    Active gunmen in US navy Yard [W:69]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    It's not a silly argument. It's rather clear the bar is set higher in becoming a cop than it is acquiring a CCW permit (at least where I live). If you disagree feel free to explain why as opposed to having a silly tantrum. It would also make for more effective advocacy, if that is your interest here
    Are you comparing specifically firearms related training? Because police have a wider variety of material to cover.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

Page 20 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •