Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 284

Thread: Miss America crowns 1st winner of Indian descent; racist tweets flow [W:216]

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: Miss America crowns 1st winner of Indian descent; racist tweets flow [W:216]

    For you Medusa. BTW, your country also practiced sexual slavery. You have no right to talk.

    African slaves[edit source | editbeta]

    As there were restrictions on the enslavement of Muslims or "people of the Bible", pagan Africa was a good source of slaves. Black slaves were coming from East and Central Africa, mainly from areas such as Abyssinia, Sudan, Northern Nigeria and Chad. Black slaves were employed in households and in the army as slave-soldiers. Some could ascend to high rank officials but in general were inferior to European and Caucasian slaves.[20][21]
    Slaves in the Imperial Harem[edit source | editbeta]

    The concubines of the Ottoman Sultan consisted chiefly of purchased slaves. The Sultan's concubines were generally of Christian origin, as Islamic law forbade Muslims to enslave fellow Muslims. The mother of a Sultan, though technically a slave, received the extremely powerful title of Valide Sultan which raised her to the status of a ruler of the Empire (see Sultanate of women). One notable example was Kösem Sultan, daughter of a Greek Christian priest, who dominated the Ottoman Empire during the early decades of the 17th century.[22] Roxelana, another notable example, was the favorite wife of Suleiman the Magnificent.

    The concubines were guarded by enslaved eunuchs, themselves often of African origin. While Islamic law forbade the emasculation of a man, Ethiopian Christians had no such compunctions; thus, they enslaved and emasculated members of neighboring nations and sold the resulting eunuchs to the Ottoman Porte.[23]
    The Coptic Orthodox Church participated extensively in the slave trade of Nubian or Abyssinian eunuchs. Coptic priests sliced the penis and testicles off boys around the age of eight in a castration operation. The eunuch boys were then sold in the Ottoman Empire. The majority of Ottoman eunuchs endured castration at the hands of the Copts at Abou Gerbe monastery on Mount Ghebel Eter.[24] African boys were captured from Abyssinia and other areas in Sudan like Darfur and Kordofan then brought into Sudan and Egypt. During the operation, the Coptic clergyman chained the boys to tables and after slicing their sexual organs off, they stuck a bamboo catheter into the genital area, then submerged them in sand up to their necks. The recovery rate was 10 percent. The resulting eunuchs fetched large profits in contrast to eunuchs from other areas.[25][26][27]

  2. #42
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,079

    re: Miss America crowns 1st winner of Indian descent; racist tweets flow [W:216]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Medusa, you're argument is ridiculous. You are actually defending the practice of slavery in your country.
    my country is turkey and slavery had already been abolished when turkey was founded ,l ma not a conservative wasp and never justify any slavery ,l am just pointing out some facts

    your argument is ridiculous

    because you claim l am not white

    if l am prejudiced against whites,l must be black?

    we are not talking about slavery

    we are mentioning there are still racism in america

    slavery ended but existed in form of discrimination ?
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  3. #43
    Black Is Smart
    Van Basten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The New New Frontier
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 07:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,661

    re: Miss America crowns 1st winner of Indian descent; racist tweets flow [W:216]

    She's cute. But, I feel it's pointless to go pointing out the racist tweets of a small minority of this nation. It's not exactly a ****storm of negative comments towards her all over the web. Still, those people are indeed pathetic.
    "We have more responsibility than power, I think. The newspaper can create great controversies, stir up arguments within the community or discussion, can throw light on injustices....just as it can do the opposite. It can hide things and be a great power for evil." -- Rupert Murdoch, 1968

  4. #44
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,079

    re: Miss America crowns 1st winner of Indian descent; racist tweets flow [W:216]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    For you Medusa. BTW, your country also practiced sexual slavery. You have no right to talk.
    topic is not about slavery or turkey
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: Miss America crowns 1st winner of Indian descent; racist tweets flow [W:216]

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    my country is turkey and slavery had already been abolished when turkey was founded ,l ma not a conservative wasp and never justify any slavery ,l am just pointing out some facts

    your argument is ridiculous

    because you claim l am not white

    if l am prejudiced against whites,l must be black?

    we are not talking about slavery

    we are mentioning there are still racism in america

    slavery ended bu existed in form of discrimination ?
    You have no idea what you're talking about. Educate yourself before you speak please. Your country was practicing slavery long before the United States of America even existed.

  6. #46
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    re: Miss America crowns 1st winner of Indian descent; racist tweets flow [W:216]

    Who cares? People still watch this - every year the audience gets smaller and smaller and people care less and less.

    Quote Originally Posted by Canell View Post
    Please, don't be. This contest is nothing more than politics. It has nothing to do with beauty.


    It has nothing to do with politics - or intelligence. Honestly? They walk around in bathing suits and dresses the entire time. LOL The 'question' is just for show.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: Miss America crowns 1st winner of Indian descent; racist tweets flow [W:216]

    Quote Originally Posted by Van Basten View Post
    She's cute. But, I feel it's pointless to go pointing out the racist tweets of a small minority of this nation. It's not exactly a ****storm of negative comments towards her all over the web. Still, those people are indeed pathetic.
    Yes, but some people will use these to make the case that America is a country full of racists. Mostly ignorant people just like the ones commenting on Twitter.

  8. #48
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,079

    re: Miss America crowns 1st winner of Indian descent; racist tweets flow [W:216]

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Some are and they are everywhere. No country has as its population ZERO racists. They are everywhere, however, even as distasteful as the comment was made towards Miss America they aren't the majority and that's the important thing to point out.

    Ever seen the comments made on a youtube video? People say VERY distasteful and disgusting things when they can do so anonymously. They, however, don't represent the majority.
    at least you understand we are not discussing slavery
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: Miss America crowns 1st winner of Indian descent; racist tweets flow [W:216]

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    topic is not about slavery or turkey
    Well then you should stick to the topic and stop talking about slavery in America.

  10. #50
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,079

    re: Miss America crowns 1st winner of Indian descent; racist tweets flow [W:216]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    You have no idea what you're talking about. Educate yourself before you speak please. Your country was practicing slavery long before the United States of America even existed.
    huh ?

    no my country is not ottoman state
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •