Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 284

Thread: Miss America crowns 1st winner of Indian descent; racist tweets flow [W:216]

  1. #251
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Miss America crowns 1st winner of Indian descent; racist tweets flow [W:216]

    Quote Originally Posted by P. Kersey View Post
    Humans are flawed in myriads of ways.
    They always have been.
    They always will be.
    Humans are tribal and ethnic. ALL of them.
    They always have been and they always will be.
    Because those things are true doesn't mean I endorse bad behavior but it also doesn't mean that preferring your own tribe or ethnic group is "wrong" or "bad".
    Some people like to make up words like "racist" to disparage people who acknowledge those facts.
    this isn't about someone simply 'preferring" an ethnic group, but such individuals verbally attacking a person. But yeah, the above certainly reads like an endorsement again ...

  2. #252
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    30n x 90w
    Last Seen
    11-27-13 @ 09:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,192

    Re: Miss America crowns 1st winner of Indian descent; racist tweets flow [W:216]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    this isn't about someone simply 'preferring" an ethnic group, but such individuals verbally attacking a person. But yeah, the above certainly reads like an endorsement again ...
    around and around in circles we go...humans are flawed...apparently the only thing you are able to get (purposely misinterpret) from everything I've posted is (that it appears to you) that I support name calling and rude behavior.

  3. #253
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: Miss America crowns 1st winner of Indian descent; racist tweets flow [W:216]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I disagree. I think there are plenty of beautiful black men and women. One who first comes to mind is the actor Denzel Washington. Plenty of beautiful black models and actresses too.

    Nobody would want to be Chris Rock because he's a goof, not because he's black.
    Christ I commend you for this, really I do, but as great of a person you are, you are not the norm. It is still a lot of tension in this country and everyone tries to avoid it like it doesn't exist.

    I look at racism like alcoholism.

    The first step to recovery is admitting that there is a problem.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If you don't want your tax dollars to help the poor, then stop saying you want a country based on Christian values, because you don't." Jimmy Carter

  4. #254
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: Miss America crowns 1st winner of Indian descent; racist tweets flow [W:216]

    Quote Originally Posted by P. Kersey View Post
    Humans are flawed in myriads of ways.
    They always have been.
    They always will be.
    Humans are tribal and ethnic. ALL of them.
    They always have been and they always will be.
    Because those things are true doesn't mean I endorse bad behavior but it also doesn't mean that preferring your own tribe or ethnic group is "wrong" or "bad".
    Some people like to make up words like "racist" to disparage people who acknowledge those facts.
    You should always have pride in your race because that is who you are. However, at the same time, this does not give a individual the right to degrade another race because their culture is different. I myself love experiencing and embracing other cultures and their beliefs. It is fascinating to me learning their core values and their history. I think if we as Americans would learn to celebrate and understand other cultures, we wouldn't have all this pinned up tension and fear of each other and this country would be even greater than it is now.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If you don't want your tax dollars to help the poor, then stop saying you want a country based on Christian values, because you don't." Jimmy Carter

  5. #255
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    30n x 90w
    Last Seen
    11-27-13 @ 09:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,192

    Re: Miss America crowns 1st winner of Indian descent; racist tweets flow [W:216]

    Quote Originally Posted by rcart76 View Post
    You should always have pride in your race because that is who you are.
    Right..and that isn't "racism".

    Quote Originally Posted by rcart76 View Post
    However, at the same time, this does not give a individual the right to degrade another race because their culture is different.
    Right, to a degree...Some cultures are backward and incorrect, though, and pointing that out isn't "degrading" them.


    Quote Originally Posted by rcart76 View Post
    I myself love experiencing and embracing other cultures and their beliefs. It is fascinating to me learning their core values and their history.
    Good for you!




    Quote Originally Posted by rcart76 View Post
    I think if we as Americans would learn to celebrate and understand other cultures, we wouldn't have all this pinned up tension and fear of each other and this country would be even greater than it is now.
    Certain cultures are backward, don't want to assimilate, don't share the value system, heritage or culture that many americans have...

    "celebrating" them and "understanding" them doesn't fix the problems they cause.

  6. #256
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Miss America crowns 1st winner of Indian descent; racist tweets flow [W:216]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Miss America crowns 1st winner of Indian descent; racist tweets flow - CNN.com



    Way to stay classy America...


    So embarrassed at times to be American.


    I watched the beginning to this where they showed all 52 contestants and Miss New York was by far one of the top 3 prettiest girls there.

    Why do some people have to be so damned ignorant?
    Holy ****. Stop the presses guys, some nobodies made tweets. Instead of focusing on real news, let's focus on what some tards said on Twitter.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  7. #257
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Miss America crowns 1st winner of Indian descent; racist tweets flow [W:216]

    Quote Originally Posted by Canell View Post
    Please, don't be. This contest is nothing more than politics. It has nothing to do with beauty.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. So any such contest is really irrelevant.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #258
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,305

    Re: Miss America crowns 1st winner of Indian descent; racist tweets flow [W:216]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypersonic View Post
    I wonder what sloths you like.....cause this Miss America is fine as hell.....

    Nina can have all my babies

    Attachment 67153773

    Attachment 67153774


    So people's taste is in their mouths.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  9. #259
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Miss America crowns 1st winner of Indian descent; racist tweets flow [W:216]

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post


    So people's taste is in their mouths.


    Nice tan!

    I'd hit that in a heartbeat!


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  10. #260
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,305

    Re: Miss America crowns 1st winner of Indian descent; racist tweets flow [W:216]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Nice tan!

    I'd hit that in a heartbeat!


    Tim-
    Someone around here said she wasn't pretty enough to be Miss America.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •