Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 284

Thread: Miss America crowns 1st winner of Indian descent; racist tweets flow [W:216]

  1. #241
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    30n x 90w
    Last Seen
    11-27-13 @ 09:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,192

    Re: Miss America crowns 1st winner of Indian descent; racist tweets flow [W:216]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    Indeed, it isn't debatable because appealing to nature is a logically fallacy. But this is indeed a debate.
    Lions and hyenas don't hang out together. That is a natural fact and isn't debatable.
    Cat's kill mice. Natural fact. Not debatable.


    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    Right, but that would not justify or excuse your racism. See the appeal to nature fallacy
    Ok.Ok...I get it..you just learned about "logical fallacies" and are trying to figure out ways to accuse me of using them as a way to support to your weak premise...It's like calling someone a "racist" because they notice differences in the races.

    "...my racism"? What specifically are you talking about? You like to keep using that word when referring to me...give an example of my "racism".





    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    Well, you original post seems an affirmative defense of racism and bigotry and the bigoted and racist comments leveled at the Miss America winner. Which was "well, people are naturally like that"
    I never said any such thing. You invented that out of thin air.

    I said humans are ethnic and tribal animals and that's how the real world works. Now..if you can refute that statement, go ahead...but cobbling together out of context words and then supplying your own interpretations just isn't working.

  2. #242
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,888

    Re: Miss America crowns 1st winner of Indian descent; racist tweets flow [W:216]

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    Would that be the Queens English, traditional American English, Ebonics or liberal political correctness English where the definition of words can be changed at a whim to further a political agenda ?
    You wingnuts have so abused and misused this phrase that it has lost any and all meaning.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  3. #243
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Miss America crowns 1st winner of Indian descent; racist tweets flow [W:216]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    You wingnuts have so abused and misused this phrase that it has lost any and all meaning.
    Hey, I coined that phrase, show a little respect.

  4. #244
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,888

    Re: Miss America crowns 1st winner of Indian descent; racist tweets flow [W:216]

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    Hey, I coined that phrase, show a little respect.
    I strongly doubt that.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  5. #245
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Miss America crowns 1st winner of Indian descent; racist tweets flow [W:216]

    Quote Originally Posted by P. Kersey View Post
    I said humans are ethnic and tribal animals and that's how the real world works. Now..if you can refute that statement, go ahead...but cobbling together out of context words and then supplying your own interpretations just isn't working.
    Earlier you wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by P. Kersey View Post
    Play rhetorical word games all you like. It's a fact that humans are a tribal animal.
    My reply was:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    Right, but that would not justify or excuse your racism. See the appeal to nature fallacy
    As in: while people are naturally inclined to be clannish, that inclination does not justify such behavior. Which was your argument: the racism and bigotry cited in the OP is a natural characteristic of the human species, therefore, OK.

  6. #246
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    30n x 90w
    Last Seen
    11-27-13 @ 09:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,192

    Re: Miss America crowns 1st winner of Indian descent; racist tweets flow [W:216]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post

    As in: while people are naturally inclined to be clannish, that inclination does not justify such behavior. Which was your argument: the racism and bigotry cited in the OP is a natural characteristic of the human species, therefore, OK.
    Humans are naturally inclined to do dishonest things, too, but my noticing it does not imply approval....but you did get to throw in the obligatory "call someone a racist" trick and that's apparently the important thing.

    So...it's resolved; Humans are a tribal and ethnic animal. They prefer their own kind.

  7. #247
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Miss America crowns 1st winner of Indian descent; racist tweets flow [W:216]

    Quote Originally Posted by P. Kersey View Post
    Humans are naturally inclined to do dishonest things, too, but my noticing it does not imply approval.
    Your original post does more than simply point out the phenomenon, and also attempts to justify it by berating attempts to "marginalize" the behavior. Clearly you think it is justified and defensible

    Quote Originally Posted by P. Kersey View Post
    Human beings in every culture (who aren't mentally ill) are all ethnic and tribal. They prefer their own kind.
    That's how the real world works.
    Lately, those natural human traits have been used as an excuse to call people "racists" and marginalize them.
    It's just a weak, overused political tactic and people are beginning to see through it.

  8. #248
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    30n x 90w
    Last Seen
    11-27-13 @ 09:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,192

    Re: Miss America crowns 1st winner of Indian descent; racist tweets flow [W:216]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    Your original post does more than simply point out the phenomenon, and also attempts to justify it by berating attempts to "marginalize" the behavior. Clearly you think it is justified and defensible
    No. You're wrong.

  9. #249
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Miss America crowns 1st winner of Indian descent; racist tweets flow [W:216]

    Quote Originally Posted by P. Kersey View Post
    No. You're wrong.
    Well, it certainly reads that way. If you're saying that is not the case, then i'll take your word for it

  10. #250
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    30n x 90w
    Last Seen
    11-27-13 @ 09:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,192

    Re: Miss America crowns 1st winner of Indian descent; racist tweets flow [W:216]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    Well, it certainly reads that way. If you're saying that is not the case, then i'll take your word for it
    Humans are flawed in myriads of ways.
    They always have been.
    They always will be.
    Humans are tribal and ethnic. ALL of them.
    They always have been and they always will be.
    Because those things are true doesn't mean I endorse bad behavior but it also doesn't mean that preferring your own tribe or ethnic group is "wrong" or "bad".
    Some people like to make up words like "racist" to disparage people who acknowledge those facts.

Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •