Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 284

Thread: Miss America crowns 1st winner of Indian descent; racist tweets flow [W:216]

  1. #211
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    re: Miss America crowns 1st winner of Indian descent; racist tweets flow [W:216]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fallenangel View Post
    I wish

    Fallen.

    lol, I was like "dayum", I need to get into "artsy stuff"

  2. #212
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    30n x 90w
    Last Seen
    11-27-13 @ 09:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,192

    re: Miss America crowns 1st winner of Indian descent; racist tweets flow [W:216]

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    l must be black

    l understand many want to forget the discrimination period during which blacks were banned from using busses ,restaurants ,schools

    but it is a fact
    You have the u.s beat by far when it comes to "racism", mate.

    Racism and discrimination in Turkey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    In Turkey racism and ethnic discrimination are prevalent in its society and throughout its history...

    Racism and discrimination in modern Turkey can be traced back to the Ottoman Empire. Such Ottoman Turkish intellectuals such as Ali Suavi have stated in the 1860s that:[8]

    Turks are superior to other races in political, military and cultural aspects
    The Turkish language surpasses the European languages in its richness and excellence
    Turks constructed the Islamic civilization.

    With the establishment of the Republic of Turkey, non-Muslim citizens of the country have been subject to numerous instances of state-sponsored discrimination. For instance, many non-Muslims were fired from their jobs and were denied employment by the bureaucracy.[9][10] The State Employee Law enacted in 1926 aimed at the Turkification of work life in Turkey.[11][10] This law defined Turkishness as a necessary condition to become a state employee.[10]


    ...but go ahead and keep lecturing us ....

  3. #213
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: Miss America crowns 1st winner of Indian descent; racist tweets flow [W:216]

    Quote Originally Posted by P. Kersey View Post
    You have the u.s beat by far when it comes to "racism", mate.

    Racism and discrimination in Turkey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    In Turkey racism and ethnic discrimination are prevalent in its society and throughout its history...

    Racism and discrimination in modern Turkey can be traced back to the Ottoman Empire. Such Ottoman Turkish intellectuals such as Ali Suavi have stated in the 1860s that:[8]

    Turks are superior to other races in political, military and cultural aspects
    The Turkish language surpasses the European languages in its richness and excellence
    Turks constructed the Islamic civilization.

    With the establishment of the Republic of Turkey, non-Muslim citizens of the country have been subject to numerous instances of state-sponsored discrimination. For instance, many non-Muslims were fired from their jobs and were denied employment by the bureaucracy.[9][10] The State Employee Law enacted in 1926 aimed at the Turkification of work life in Turkey.[11][10] This law defined Turkishness as a necessary condition to become a state employee.[10]


    ...but go ahead and keep lecturing us ....
    Interesting, but nah it's just a white American thing.

  4. #214
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: Miss America crowns 1st winner of Indian descent; racist tweets flow [W:216]

    Quote Originally Posted by rcart76 View Post
    First of all you need to calm down. I've never insulted you. If you are not racist then good for you, I sat here and congratulated you on that. But if you are naive enough to sit here and think that most Americans have no negative feelings towards any race and that they honestly see every race equal to theirs then you are full of crap simple as that. These TV pundits and radio personalities know that there is racial tension in this country, this is why it always a hot topic. They make millions off of it. Take a look at this site for example. I bet if you collected statistics on every forum created here, you will see that that longest running forums are the ones talking about race. Hell even when the OP topic has nothing to do with race, somehow it will get on that track.

    But this doesn't stop at American borders. Racism is one of man's greatest sins. Historically wars and genocides have taken place base on race supremacy. The problem here in this country is that most Americans don't discuss it in public because it is a social taboo. Now don't get me wrong I know your heart is in the right place and all but I am just being honest. My family is multicultural. My sister-in-law is White, some of my closest friends are white and Hispanic. My inner circle is beautiful, but I am not naive enough to know that there is a lot of hate out there right now that is plaguing this country. I am not just talking about Whites. I am talking about Whites, Blacks, Hispanics, Asians, etc...
    You said "most" Americans are racists. You are wrong. Period.

  5. #215
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,069

    re: Miss America crowns 1st winner of Indian descent; racist tweets flow [W:216]

    Quote Originally Posted by P. Kersey View Post
    You have the u.s beat by far when it comes to "racism", mate.

    Racism and discrimination in Turkey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    In Turkey racism and ethnic discrimination are prevalent in its society and throughout its history...

    Racism and discrimination in modern Turkey can be traced back to the Ottoman Empire. Such Ottoman Turkish intellectuals such as Ali Suavi have stated in the 1860s that:[8]

    Turks are superior to other races in political, military and cultural aspects
    The Turkish language surpasses the European languages in its richness and excellence
    Turks constructed the Islamic civilization.

    With the establishment of the Republic of Turkey, non-Muslim citizens of the country have been subject to numerous instances of state-sponsored discrimination. For instance, many non-Muslims were fired from their jobs and were denied employment by the bureaucracy.[9][10] The State Employee Law enacted in 1926 aimed at the Turkification of work life in Turkey.[11][10] This law defined Turkishness as a necessary condition to become a state employee.[10]


    ...but go ahead and keep lecturing us ....


    very reliable source ! but sorry no other country is responsible for your white supremacy

    MLK must have turned over in his grave


    this famous singer (fedon ) is ethnic greek ( or rum ,greeks living in anatolia are called rum ) but as you see he seems to be proud of turkish citizen



    colonialists imperialists ,white supremacists couldnt divide this asia minor no matter how much they tried
    Last edited by Medusa; 09-19-13 at 09:40 AM.
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  6. #216
    Global Moderator
    May the force be with you
    Serenity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,909

    re: Miss America crowns 1st winner of Indian descent; racist tweets flow [W:216]

    Moderator's Warning:
    Miss America crowns 1st winner of Indian descent; racist tweets flow [W:216]Tukey is not the topic of this thread. If you wish to discuss racism in Turkey, please start up a seperate thread and not derail this one any further. Let's discuss the topic only please. Thank you.

  7. #217
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: Miss America crowns 1st winner of Indian descent; racist tweets flow [W:216]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    You said "most" Americans are racists. You are wrong. Period.
    I respectfully disagree and here are a few reason why base on the actual definition of a racist:

    1) When kids go missing, why is it that majority of the time the little white girl will make national news and other children of color don't? The media knows that it is a bigger story if the the little white girl is missing vs other kids of color.

    2) Look how different cultures portray Jesus Christ. Although the New Testament includes no description of the physical appearance of Jesus before his death, most races paints Jesus looking like them. You have White Jesus, Black Jesus, Mexican Jesus etc. They can't even see Jesus being any other race because of his status.

    3) In our culture, the darker you are the less attractive you are. We are taught that the European image is most attractive. When Asians come to the US, they would get eye surgery to widen their eyes. In the black community, we still struggle with the notion that the fair skin babies with "good" hair are prettier than the dark skin babies with "nappy" hair.

    The list goes on and on.

    Being racist doesn't mean that you necessarily hate another race. It just mean that you place your race on another tier over everyone else.

    Chris Rock said it the best

    " No white person would ever want to be me and I'm rich "

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If you don't want your tax dollars to help the poor, then stop saying you want a country based on Christian values, because you don't." Jimmy Carter

  8. #218
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,069

    Re: Miss America crowns 1st winner of Indian descent; racist tweets flow [W:216]

    Quote Originally Posted by rcart76 View Post
    I respectfully disagree and here are a few reason why base on the actual definition of a racist:

    1) When kids go missing, why is it that majority of the time the little white girl will make national news and other children of color don't? The media knows that it is a bigger story if the the little white girl is missing vs other kids of color.

    2) Look how different cultures portray Jesus Christ. Although the New Testament includes no description of the physical appearance of Jesus before his death, most races paints Jesus looking like them. You have White Jesus, Black Jesus, Mexican Jesus etc. They can't even see Jesus being any other race because of his status.

    3) In our culture, the darker you are the less attractive you are. We are taught that the European image is most attractive. When Asians come to the US, they would get eye surgery to widen their eyes. In the black community, we still struggle with the notion that the fair skin babies with "good" hair are prettier than the dark skin babies with "nappy" hair.

    The list goes on and on.

    Being racist doesn't mean that you necessarily hate another race. It just mean that you place your race on another tier over everyone else.

    Chris Rock said it the best

    " No white person would ever want to be me and I'm rich "
    l am usually accused of being prejudiced against whites or hating them although l am not black

    maybe it is because l am a little darker .

    l still dont know what kind of white they refer to
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  9. #219
    Professor
    Monserrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    04-29-14 @ 11:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,497

    Re: Miss America crowns 1st winner of Indian descent; racist tweets flow [W:216]

    Quote Originally Posted by rcart76 View Post
    I respectfully disagree and here are a few reason why base on the actual definition of a racist:

    1) When kids go missing, why is it that majority of the time the little white girl will make national news and other children of color don't? The media knows that it is a bigger story if the the little white girl is missing vs other kids of color.

    2) Look how different cultures portray Jesus Christ. Although the New Testament includes no description of the physical appearance of Jesus before his death, most races paints Jesus looking like them. You have White Jesus, Black Jesus, Mexican Jesus etc. They can't even see Jesus being any other race because of his status.

    3) In our culture, the darker you are the less attractive you are. We are taught that the European image is most attractive. When Asians come to the US, they would get eye surgery to widen their eyes. In the black community, we still struggle with the notion that the fair skin babies with "good" hair are prettier than the dark skin babies with "nappy" hair.

    The list goes on and on.

    Being racist doesn't mean that you necessarily hate another race. It just mean that you place your race on another tier over everyone else.

    Chris Rock said it the best

    " No white person would ever want to be me and I'm rich "
    1. If that is the case then why assume that it has anything to do with race? Correlation does not imply causation, you'd have to first explore other possible alternatives and I for one would start with their economic situation.

    2. My white grandparents have always had a black Jesus on their wall and a Mexican Mary but I don't see why it would matter, what's wrong with people connecting to an image that's more relate-able to them?

    3. Might be true but I would need to see relevant and recent stats on that one especially in a day and age where most people in the US are of mixed ethnic/racial descent.
    I believe half of the things I say and say half of the things I believe.

  10. #220
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: Miss America crowns 1st winner of Indian descent; racist tweets flow [W:216]

    Quote Originally Posted by Monserrat View Post
    1. If that is the case then why assume that it has anything to do with race? Correlation does not imply causation, you'd have to first explore other possible alternatives and I for one would start with their economic situation.

    2. My white grandparents have always had a black Jesus on their wall and a Mexican Mary but I don't see why it would matter, what's wrong with people connecting to an image that's more relate-able to them?

    3. Might be true but I would need to see relevant and recent stats on that one especially in a day and age where most people in the US are of mixed ethnic/racial descent.

    1) Because I'm am basing it off of the media attention it would get. A young white girl is the most cherish individual in this country regardless of class. When they end up missing it is a high priority APB. That urgency don't exist for other little girls of color. Don't get me wrong, I will feel sadden for a missing white girl as I would a missing girl of color because I am a father myself. However their is no equality in the rescue efforts.

    2) I can honestly say that is a first for me . I don't think it is necessarily wrong to connect Jesus to their race. I just think they do it because they believe that a perfect being should look like them.

    3) I know this for a fact in the Black community because I witness it.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If you don't want your tax dollars to help the poor, then stop saying you want a country based on Christian values, because you don't." Jimmy Carter

Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •