Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 78

Thread: Maryland counties join movement to secede from largely Democrat-run state[W:59]

  1. #1
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Maryland counties join movement to secede from largely Democrat-run state[W:59]

    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #2
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,313

    Re: Maryland counties join movement to secede from largely Democrat-run state

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    This is really interesting.
    You think that's "unique content to spur discussion"?

  3. #3
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,619

    Re: Maryland counties join movement to secede from largely Democrat-run state

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    YAWN, more CONtrived nonsense. Happens all the time where the more regressive, sparsely populated segments have a pity party and snit fit. Colorado, Oklahoma, Texas, and Florida all vie for attention by talking separation. No one is going to give a few whiners two Senators.

    Western Maryland would be a crap hole without the huge state support from the heavily populated part of Maryland. I lived outside Annapolis as a teenager, the western part of the state whines but in a DEMOCRACY, even a Republic, votes count and the western part has 1.5 of the 8 congressional districts...

  4. #4
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,313

    Re: Maryland counties join movement to secede from largely Democrat-run state

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    YAWN, more CONtrived nonsense. Happens all the time where the more regressive, sparsely populated segments have a pity party and snit fit. Colorado, Oklahoma, Texas, and Florida all vie for attention by talking separation.
    When did anyone in Florida propose such?

  5. #5
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    Re: Maryland counties join movement to secede from largely Democrat-run state

    And you missed the most Northern counties in California.
    Long after I'm gone, I see us moving to a provincial form of government.
    Even a higher degree of states' rights to please provinces such as Mormon and Confederate.
    I wish Obama could debate these House clowns now, if they would ever be in session.
    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    YAWN, more CONtrived nonsense. Happens all the time where the more regressive, sparsely populated segments have a pity party and snit fit. Colorado, Oklahoma, Texas, and Florida all vie for attention by talking separation. No one is going to give a few whiners two Senators.

    Western Maryland would be a crap hole without the huge state support from the heavily populated part of Maryland. I lived outside Annapolis as a teenager, the western part of the state whines but in a DEMOCRACY, even a Republic, votes count and the western part has 1.5 of the 8 congressional districts...

  6. #6
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,273
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Maryland counties join movement to secede from largely Democrat-run state

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    This is really interesting.
    Not particularly


  7. #7
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,619

    Re: Maryland counties join movement to secede from largely Democrat-run state

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    When did anyone in Florida propose such?
    Ummmm did you bother reading the link from Faux Noise?

    My Dad retired to Florida and he was saying Talk Radio had a drive on to separate the panhandle of Florida from the more liberal part that was being 'over run' by nanny state northerners. Want to say it was around the time Scott won the Governorship.

  8. #8
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,619

    Re: Maryland counties join movement to secede from largely Democrat-run state

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    And you missed the most Northern counties in California.
    Long after I'm gone, I see us moving to a provincial form of government.
    Even a higher degree of states' rights to please provinces such as Mormon and Confederate.
    I wish Obama could debate these House clowns now, if they would ever be in session.
    Maybe President Obama was being clairvoyant when he said 57 states...

  9. #9
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,313

    Re: Maryland counties join movement to secede from largely Democrat-run state

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Ummmm did you bother reading the link from Faux Noise?

    My Dad retired to Florida and he was saying Talk Radio had a drive on to separate the panhandle of Florida from the more liberal part that was being 'over run' by nanny state northerners. Want to say it was around the time Scott won the Governorship.
    I'm not clicking on the article because the OP made no effort whatsoever. I've lived in FL for decades and have never heard anything about separation. Got a non-Faux link?

  10. #10
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    Re: Maryland counties join movement to secede from largely Democrat-run state

    With all the cheap shots he gets on a daily basis from these Republican Congressional critters, I'd love to see the President drill them as PM Cameron has the chance to.
    Other provinces could be Alaska, Cascade, Keystone, Upper Great Lake, NorthEast and Bible Belt.
    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Maybe President Obama was being clairvoyant when he said 57 states...

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •