Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 60

Thread: UPDATE: 1 Syrian opposition leader says US/Russian deal a blow to the war efforts

  1. #1
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    UPDATE: 1 Syrian opposition leader says US/Russian deal a blow to the war efforts

    (Reuters) - The head of the opposition Syrian Supreme Military Council said on Saturday a U.S.-Russian agreement to eliminate Syria's chemical weapons was a blow to the two-and-a-half-year uprising to remove President Bashar al-Assad from power.


    U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry and Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov announced the agreement on removing Syria's chemical weapons on Saturday after nearly three days of talks in Geneva.


    http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...0HA0A720130914

  2. #2
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,121
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: UPDATE: 1 Syrian opposition leader says US/Russian deal a blow to the war efforts

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    (Reuters) - The head of the opposition Syrian Supreme Military Council said on Saturday a U.S.-Russian agreement to eliminate Syria's chemical weapons was a blow to the two-and-a-half-year uprising to remove President Bashar al-Assad from power.


    U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry and Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov announced the agreement on removing Syria's chemical weapons on Saturday after nearly three days of talks in Geneva.


    UPDATE 1-Syrian rebel leader says US-Russian deal a blow to uprising | Reuters
    Of course the peace deal hurts the Rebel's war effort. If Syria gets rid of chemical weapons then how are the rebels supposed to launch weapons against the civilians?

  3. #3
    User Wraith8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    02-21-14 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    104

    Re: UPDATE: 1 Syrian opposition leader says US/Russian deal a blow to the war efforts

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    Of course the peace deal hurts the Rebel's war effort. If Syria gets rid of chemical weapons then how are the rebels supposed to launch weapons against the civilians?
    Interesting how your criticism of the bloodshed in Syria is directed ONLY at the rebels.
    Blind dissent is as foolish as blind patriotism.

  4. #4
    User Wraith8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    02-21-14 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    104

    Re: UPDATE: 1 Syrian opposition leader says US/Russian deal a blow to the war efforts

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    (Reuters) - The head of the opposition Syrian Supreme Military Council said on Saturday a U.S.-Russian agreement to eliminate Syria's chemical weapons was a blow to the two-and-a-half-year uprising to remove President Bashar al-Assad from power.
    Which is pretty much the whole goal of Putin's "peace efforts" in Syria. He's been arming Assad for years and wants to keep him in power.
    Blind dissent is as foolish as blind patriotism.

  5. #5
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,307

    Re: UPDATE: 1 Syrian opposition leader says US/Russian deal a blow to the war efforts

    Quote Originally Posted by Wraith8 View Post
    Which is pretty much the whole goal of Putin's "peace efforts" in Syria. He's been arming Assad for years and wants to keep him in power.
    I want him in power also. I don't believe what USA mainstream media has stated about Assad. He gets the same treatment Hugo Chavez got. All Bad, yet Hugo was the best thing that ever happened to Venezuelans, but not for the New World Order. I think Assad is the same deal.

  6. #6
    User Wraith8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    02-21-14 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    104

    Re: UPDATE: 1 Syrian opposition leader says US/Russian deal a blow to the war efforts

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    I want him in power also. I don't believe what USA mainstream media has stated about Assad.
    It's not about what just the US media says about Assad. Every human rights organization has called out Syria for their atrocious human rights record.

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    Hugo was the best thing that ever happened to Venezuelans, but not for the New World Order. I think Assad is the same deal.
    I see, so in other words if a foreign leader is hostile enough towards the US you automatically support him. Well that seems reasonable.
    Last edited by Wraith8; 09-15-13 at 03:52 PM.
    Blind dissent is as foolish as blind patriotism.

  7. #7
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,121
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: UPDATE: 1 Syrian opposition leader says US/Russian deal a blow to the war efforts

    Quote Originally Posted by Wraith8 View Post
    Interesting how your criticism of the bloodshed in Syria is directed ONLY at the rebels.
    Well a huge percentage of the Rebels are with Al-Qaeda. Two wrongs don't make a right and I'd rather not be involved at all. But if I had a choice between the Rebels who are with Al-Qaeda, or Assad who protects minority rights then I'm going to side with Assad. Furthermore Assad is the legitimate government body.

  8. #8
    User Wraith8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    02-21-14 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    104

    Re: UPDATE: 1 Syrian opposition leader says US/Russian deal a blow to the war efforts

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    Well a huge percentage of the Rebels are with Al-Qaeda.
    There are different percentages being stated however I don't understand why Assad should instantly get a free pass from any criticism for his own brutality because of that.

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    Two wrongs don't make a right and I'd rather not be involved at all.
    I agree, there is absolutely nothing to be gained in Syria.

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    Furthermore Assad is the legitimate government body.
    There apparently are many Syrians who disagree with you on that. But oh well.
    Blind dissent is as foolish as blind patriotism.

  9. #9
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,307

    Re: UPDATE: 1 Syrian opposition leader says US/Russian deal a blow to the war efforts

    Quote Originally Posted by Wraith8 View Post
    It's not about what just the US media says about Assad. Every human rights organization has called out Syria for their atrocious human rights record.

    I see, so in other words if a foreign leader is hostile enough towards the US you automatically support him. Well that seems reasonable.
    I said no such thing. What I did say is, if the USA media is partisanly/belligerently/illogically/non-objectively against a leader of a foreign Nation, then that leader must be a detriment to the money stream of that Big Corporate sponsored USA Media.

  10. #10
    User Wraith8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    02-21-14 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    104

    Re: UPDATE: 1 Syrian opposition leader says US/Russian deal a blow to the war efforts

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    I said no such thing. What I did say is, if the USA media is partisanly/belligerently/illogically/non-objectively against a leader of a foreign Nation.
    And I'll repeat again. It's not about what just the US media says about Assad. Every human rights organization has called out Syria for their atrocious human rights record.

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    then that leader must be a detriment to the money stream of that Big Corporate sponsored USA Media.
    Alright alright, you're a conspiracy fanatic. Okay then.
    Blind dissent is as foolish as blind patriotism.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •