Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 105

Thread: Climate models wildly overestimated global warming, study finds

  1. #51
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Last Seen
    11-16-17 @ 04:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,775

    Re: Climate models wildly overestimated global warming, study finds

    I'm thinking about starting a new organization... along the lines of AARP....

    Old People for Global Warming NOW How many want a T-shirt ?

    Keep smilin'

    Thom Paine

  2. #52
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,767

    Re: Climate models wildly overestimated global warming, study finds

    Quote Originally Posted by Thom Paine View Post
    CO2 is a requisite to sustain life on this planet.

    Thom Paine
    So is water, that doesn't mean you can't drown.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  3. #53
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,767

    Re: Climate models wildly overestimated global warming, study finds

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    And now it's global COOLING! Record return of Arctic ice cap as it grows by 60% in a yearAlmost a million more square miles of ocean covered with ice than in 2012
    BBC reported in 2007 global warming would leave Arctic ice-free in summer by 2013
    Publication of UN climate change report suggesting global warming caused by humans pushed back to later this month


    Global cooling: Arctic ice caps grows by 60% against global warming predictions | Mail Online

    Attachment 67153507
    Do you seriously think a one-year increase in ice area means it's getting colder?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: Climate models wildly overestimated global warming, study finds

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Do you seriously think a one-year increase in ice area means it's getting colder?
    nope because ice will form with hot climate nowdays

  5. #55
    Curmudgeon


    LowDown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,551
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Climate models wildly overestimated global warming, study finds

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    The part you people refuse to even think about is why the models turned out to be incorrect. To you, temperatures falling outside of the model range disproves AGW in of itself. This, of course, is based on fundamental misunderstandings about how climate models work and what their purpose is.
    No that doesn't disprove the AGW theory, which may be at least partly correct. It does show that the scientists don't know how to predict what will happen to the climate in the future. We should not be basing policy on such predictions.
    Last edited by LowDown; 09-12-13 at 09:11 PM.

    "The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." --HL Mencken

  6. #56
    Curmudgeon


    LowDown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,551
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Climate models wildly overestimated global warming, study finds

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Do you seriously think a one-year increase in ice area means it's getting colder?
    It has indeed been cooler than average in the Arctic for most of the summer. I'm not sure that explains the ice, though, since the ice extent has more to do with the winds there.

    "The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." --HL Mencken

  7. #57
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,452
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Climate models wildly overestimated global warming, study finds

    Quote Originally Posted by longview View Post
    In the normal course of things, Humanity can survive the warming we are likely to see.
    Ya think? Tell me, in your infinite clairvoyant wisdom, what do you think a 2 degree annual difference will mean to our planet?
    “No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it,” Trump said... “‘Is everyone OK’? You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody OK?’ And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.”

  8. #58
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,452
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Climate models wildly overestimated global warming, study finds

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    The figures reveal that from the beginning of 1997 until August 2012 there was no discernible rise in aggregate global temperatures
    This means that the ‘pause’ in global warming has now lasted for about the same time as the previous period when temperatures rose, 1980 to 1996


    Global warming stopped 16 years ago, reveals Met Office report quietly released... and here is the chart to prove it | Mail Online

    Attachment 67153508
    Are you aware that the 2000s have been the hottest decade on record? And before that, it was the 1990s? And before that, it was the 1980s?

    See where I'm going?
    “No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it,” Trump said... “‘Is everyone OK’? You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody OK?’ And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.”

  9. #59
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,452
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Climate models wildly overestimated global warming, study finds

    Quote Originally Posted by Thom Paine View Post
    CO2 is a requisite to sustain life on this planet.

    Thom Paine
    So what is your point?

    Water is also a requisite to sustain life on this planet, yet when there's too much of it in a given area, what happens?
    “No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it,” Trump said... “‘Is everyone OK’? You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody OK?’ And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.”

  10. #60
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Last Seen
    11-16-17 @ 04:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,775

    Re: Climate models wildly overestimated global warming, study finds

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    So what is your point?
    Hi there Middleground By now you've probably read the rest of the thread. post #50 generally sums up the point.

    Have a nice eve

    Thom Paine

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •