Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 124

Thread: Pa. judge orders end to same-sex marriage licenses

  1. #81
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Pa. judge orders end to same-sex marriage licenses

    well, i'm glad to see that most folks disprove of a bureaucrat acting outside of the law... but , truth be told, everybody should disprove of such behavior.

    regardless of ones stance on SSM, one should be able to see and understand why the judge made that call.. and why it was the correct call to make.

  2. #82
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,983

    Re: Pa. judge orders end to same-sex marriage licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Sorry Maggie...but I'm not going to accept that excuse. I've known too many people, my own father included who came from the same generation as people like Navy Pride....who held the same bigoted views, but through education came around. Allowing people to remain bigots based on excuses is just not acceptable.
    Your very premise is bigoted. People assume that those who disagree on SSM are somehow uneducated, "bigoted" as an insult, "intolerant" as an insult and ascribe so many negative character traits towards them that it makes those making such accusations the very thing they rile against. They themselves are the bigots who judge and apply untrue values and beliefs towards their opposition, they are intolerant of their views and would try to desecrate democracy to silence them from legally being able to enforce them, and they litter their "arguments" with self-righteous comparisons to their opposition being like racists against inter-racial marriage or some other strawman. Sure, bigotry, hate, and intolerance exist within individuals on both sides of the issue but it is an act and perpetuation of such actions to say that those who disagree are all bigots, uneducated, and any other negative trait that gets commonly thrown at people for not supporting SSM.

    It's pure self-righteous hypocrisy and it's a shame that it's so common.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  3. #83
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,795

    Re: Pa. judge orders end to same-sex marriage licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Your very premise is bigoted. People assume that those who disagree on SSM are somehow uneducated, "bigoted" as an insult, "intolerant" as an insult and ascribe so many negative character traits towards them that it makes those making such accusations the very thing they rile against. They themselves are the bigots who judge and apply untrue values and beliefs towards their opposition, they are intolerant of their views and would try to desecrate democracy to silence them from legally being able to enforce them, and they litter their "arguments" with self-righteous comparisons to their opposition being like racists against inter-racial marriage or some other strawman. Sure, bigotry, hate, and intolerance exist within individuals on both sides of the issue but it is an act and perpetuation of such actions to say that those who disagree are all bigots, uneducated, and any other negative trait that gets commonly thrown at people for not supporting SSM.

    It's pure self-righteous hypocrisy and it's a shame that it's so common.
    can you show me an example of the bolded or clarify not saying those people dont exist im saying ive never seen any here or anybody claim one is a bigot for simply "disagreeing" on SSM. Disagreeing meaning: thinking, believing, teaching, saying, feeling it is wrong. If one labels somebody a bigot based on that alone they are wrong.

    Now I have seen people be labeled a bigoted for actively trying to stop equal rights for gays and stop legal marriage for them and thats accurate.

    also the interracial marriage analogy stands when talking about STOPPING it.
    Last edited by AGENT J; 09-14-13 at 04:46 PM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #84
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Pa. judge orders end to same-sex marriage licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Your very premise is bigoted. People assume that those who disagree on SSM are somehow uneducated, "bigoted" as an insult, "intolerant" as an insult and ascribe so many negative character traits towards them that it makes those making such accusations the very thing they rile against. They themselves are the bigots who judge and apply untrue values and beliefs towards their opposition, they are intolerant of their views and would try to desecrate democracy to silence them from legally being able to enforce them, and they litter their "arguments" with self-righteous comparisons to their opposition being like racists against inter-racial marriage or some other strawman. Sure, bigotry, hate, and intolerance exist within individuals on both sides of the issue but it is an act and perpetuation of such actions to say that those who disagree are all bigots, uneducated, and any other negative trait that gets commonly thrown at people for not supporting SSM.

    It's pure self-righteous hypocrisy and it's a shame that it's so common.
    Sorry Digs, but that is akin to saying that anti-interracial marriage people were not bigots because they were just following their beliefs. The same as those who believed in segregation were not bigots because THEY were just following their beliefs. That is just shuffling around it. You don't have to be tolerant of intolerance in order to be truly tolerant. That is just another of the right-wing talking points that they try to throw out there to deflect their bigotry.

    Bigotry is still bigotry whether it is couched in religious rhetoric or otherwise. Were the Mormons just "following their beliefs" when they taught that blacks were a cursed people, before god of course changed his mind in 1978?
    Hell no....their bigotry towards blacks was just couched in their religious teachings....it was still bigotry.....just as the bigots who preach against SSM.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  5. #85
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    Re: Pa. judge orders end to same-sex marriage licenses

    From what I can see, this is pretty clearcut. In Pennsylvania, SSM is banned. The clerk's morals or intentions are irrelevant to the law. What he did was illegal and he has no standing in court. I also think that any case he brings will HURT SSM as it is based on a violation of law. There are other good ways to change the ban. This ain't one.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #86
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,418

    Re: Pa. judge orders end to same-sex marriage licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    I can't wait to hear the cries of "activist judges" from the right...oh wait
    The Libbos say there aren't activist judges and that judges can't do any wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #87
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,785

    Re: Pa. judge orders end to same-sex marriage licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Your very premise is bigoted. People assume that those who disagree on SSM are somehow uneducated, "bigoted" as an insult, "intolerant" as an insult and ascribe so many negative character traits towards them that it makes those making such accusations the very thing they rile against. They themselves are the bigots who judge and apply untrue values and beliefs towards their opposition, they are intolerant of their views and would try to desecrate democracy to silence them from legally being able to enforce them, and they litter their "arguments" with self-righteous comparisons to their opposition being like racists against inter-racial marriage or some other strawman. Sure, bigotry, hate, and intolerance exist within individuals on both sides of the issue but it is an act and perpetuation of such actions to say that those who disagree are all bigots, uneducated, and any other negative trait that gets commonly thrown at people for not supporting SSM.

    It's pure self-righteous hypocrisy and it's a shame that it's so common.
    they aren't tolerating my intolerance!
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #88
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,785

    Re: Pa. judge orders end to same-sex marriage licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The Libbos say there aren't activist judges and that judges can't do any wrong.
    Find even one post saying such. One. Anywhere. I dare you to try and find one.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #89
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,418

    Re: Pa. judge orders end to same-sex marriage licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Find even one post saying such. One. Anywhere. I dare you to try and find one.
    Stop with the kindergarten crap!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #90
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    Re: Pa. judge orders end to same-sex marriage licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Stop with the kindergarten crap!
    This from someone who repeatedly does this:

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The Libbos
    Hypocrisy.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •