Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 129

Thread: Republicans move to halt ObamaCare 'bailout' for angry unions

  1. #21
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: Republicans move to halt ObamaCare 'bailout' for angry unions

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    wrong they are employed by the people of the United States paid by their tax money.
    the average insurance contribution by employers is 30% congress and their employees will be getting 75% only others that will be getting that much in subsides is the poor
    you don't think that the federal government counts as a employer?

  2. #22
    Educator

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    05-09-16 @ 08:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,052

    Re: Republicans move to halt ObamaCare 'bailout' for angry unions

    The GOP don't really want to to end Obamacare. They're receiving the same money from the same insurance companies as the Dems are. They just say they do so people will continue to carry their water on internet forums and keep pulling the R lever
    I confess, I did it, I let the dogs out.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: Republicans move to halt ObamaCare 'bailout' for angry unions

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    you don't think that the federal government counts as a employer?
    why should my tax money go towards them getting 75% of their insurance paid for when the average employer only pays 30%

  4. #24
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Last Seen
    11-16-17 @ 04:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,775

    Re: Republicans move to halt ObamaCare 'bailout' for angry unions

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    No, actually I'm correct in this case.

    Please provide some evidence contradicting my claims.

    Also, if you're going to honor Thomas Paine by using his alias on a forum, the least you could do is respond to points in a civil and intelligent manner. His writings are some of the most thoughtful things I've ever read. He deserves more respect from you, IMHO.
    Impressive; Introduce yourself by casting aspersions. This will be my last response to you. You need to prove your stated case. I am not your secretary or your gofer.. do your own homework, pal; I will not do it for you.

    Thom Paine

  5. #25
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,080

    Re: Republicans move to halt ObamaCare 'bailout' for angry unions

    Quote Originally Posted by Thom Paine View Post
    You need to prove your stated case.

    Thom Paine
    Exactly. And that's why when you mae incorrect claims like "congress is exempt" and "businesses are exempt" you should prove your stated case. Everything I said is common knowledge (to informed people).

    No, Congress isn’t trying to exempt itself from Obamacare

    The Tea Party

    And if you can offer any specific companies that have been exempt from ObamaCare, please provide them and then I can show you that you're wrong, but until you provide evidence all I can do is tell you that you're wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  6. #26
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,080

    Re: Republicans move to halt ObamaCare 'bailout' for angry unions

    Quote Originally Posted by sawdust View Post
    The source you provided claims that Congress is exempt in the title, but doesn't explain how in the actual source. All they have done is allow the current health insurance benefit that congress currently receives also be able to be applied when they have to switch to ObamaCare health care exchanges. They have not been exempted in any way. They will be shopping for insurance, and buying the same insurance plans that any average everyday citizen would be getting. And if that citizens employer wants to pay part of his premium as a pat of his salary, that is identical to the federal government paying part of congress's premiums. Which is currently how it's done anyway.

    Your second source only talks about temporary waivers, which is exactly my point. No one is getting exemptions, only temporary waivers to allow a company more time to comply, thus easing any possible burdens put on business's. This is a common practice.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  7. #27
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,080

    Re: Republicans move to halt ObamaCare 'bailout' for angry unions

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    wrong they are employed by the people of the United States paid by their tax money.
    the average insurance contribution by employers is 30% congress and their employees will be getting 75% only others that will be getting that much in subsides is the poor
    That's not only what they "will" be getting, but it's also what they are CURRENTLY RECEIVING! Regardless, this isn't an exemption. All congress did was enable the federal government to continue to pay part of their premiums on the new health care exchanges after the switch. The reason they had to do this was because the exchanges were set up to supply small businesses and individuals with health care options, not large entities. The federal government does not qualify as a small business. So since congress did what is right, and are forcing congress members to buy insurance through the exchange (something that conservatives through out the entire health care debate argued that congress should have to do IE: "make congress sign up for OBamaCare!!!!") they have amended the law to allow their employer (the federal government) to provide pay incentive in the form of paying part of the premium. Something that is currently being done anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  8. #28
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,866
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Republicans move to halt ObamaCare 'bailout' for angry unions

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    you don't think that the federal government counts as a employer?
    Nope. For the simple fact that it is The People that are the employers of the Federal Government. Not the other way around.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  9. #29
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,080

    Re: Republicans move to halt ObamaCare 'bailout' for angry unions

    Quote Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
    And those contributions are a violation of the black-letter law, forbidden to private enterprise.
    It's not forbidden to any private enterprise, if I'm not mistaken. It's allowed from small and some medium sized businesses.

    Through the small business (SHOP) exchange, small employers will have the option of choosing a level of coverage and then allowing each employee to select their own insurer and plan. The exchange can also collect the employer and employee contributions and direct those payments to the chosen insurers.
    SPECIAL SECTION: Health Insurance Reform
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  10. #30
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Republicans move to halt ObamaCare 'bailout' for angry unions

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    That's not only what they "will" be getting, but it's also what they are CURRENTLY RECEIVING! Regardless, this isn't an exemption. All congress did was enable the federal government to continue to pay part of their premiums on the new health care exchanges after the switch. The reason they had to do this was because the exchanges were set up to supply small businesses and individuals with health care options, not large entities. The federal government does not qualify as a small business. So since congress did what is right, and are forcing congress members to buy insurance through the exchange (something that conservatives through out the entire health care debate argued that congress should have to do IE: "make congress sign up for OBamaCare!!!!") they have amended the law to allow their employer (the federal government) to provide pay incentive in the form of paying part of the premium. Something that is currently being done anyways.
    The law was not amended. The Office of Personnel Management was basically directed to "fix" the situation. The reason for subjecting Congress members and their staffs was to show that if it was good enough for individual citizens it should be good enough for them as well...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •