Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Results 121 to 129 of 129

Thread: Republicans move to halt ObamaCare 'bailout' for angry unions

  1. #121
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,890
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Republicans move to halt ObamaCare 'bailout' for angry unions

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    And we thank the Heritage folks for inventing it.
    HeritageCare bro.
    Fine with me. Call it whatever you like. I don't care any more for Heritage than I do for MoveOn.org.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  2. #122
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,355

    Re: Republicans move to halt ObamaCare 'bailout' for angry unions

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Popular schmopular. It's an incoherent mishmash no matter who is POTUS.
    When the people responsible for running it don't seem to understand it, and one of the drafters of same calls it a "train wreck," I will admit to a bit of worry about what the end result might be!

    Good evening, Jack.

  3. #123
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,355

    Re: Republicans move to halt ObamaCare 'bailout' for angry unions

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    sorry to have given some of you who talk to me from the old days a bad name
    Alabama Paul must be pulling his hair out right now, 42-35, with 7 minutes to go on CBS.
    Bama has really kept A&M in the game.
    Earlier this week, AP did acknowledge that Alabama "could" lose this game. It's 49-35 right now, so he's probably feeling pretty good!

  4. #124
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,837

    Re: Republicans move to halt ObamaCare 'bailout' for angry unions

    Unions have to give also on this business.
    Just like Congressman and their staffers.
    Republicans, if I can, offered many excellent amendments to this law.
    And it started with the Heritage folks.
    And it is the law.
    However, the jury is still out on whether Boehner can stop these government shutdowns.
    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    Earlier this week, AP did acknowledge that Alabama "could" lose this game. It's 49-35 right now, so he's probably feeling pretty good!

  5. #125
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,650

    Re: Republicans move to halt ObamaCare 'bailout' for angry unions

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    And we thank the Heritage folks for inventing it.
    HeritageCare bro.
    If there is anything that is the doing of demorats, PPACA surely is it. I am amazed that liberal loons, who really wanted UHC, are now calling PPACA, a bill written by lobbyists and voted for only by demorats, the product (fault?) of the republicants. I am tired of the blame others and praise Obama crowd. When the true cost of this PPACA mess is seen, providing subsidies for 30 to 45 million "private" insurance policies, reductions in work hours and folks paying more to the same (or fewer) care providers the public will know who to thank.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  6. #126
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,837

    Re: Republicans move to halt ObamaCare 'bailout' for angry unions

    The blame others and praise Obama crowd.LOL.
    Your news media must have seceded already in Texas.
    You must skip all the obama-trash on DP.
    You saying Republicants,LOL.
    Nothing like Liberty folks standing on the sidelines blaming both parties.
    Do you support Ron Paul trashing the USA over 9/11.
    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    If there is anything that is the doing of demorats, PPACA surely is it. I am amazed that liberal loons, who really wanted UHC, are now calling PPACA, a bill written by lobbyists and voted for only by demorats, the product (fault?) of the republicants. I am tired of the blame others and praise Obama crowd. When the true cost of this PPACA mess is seen, providing subsidies for 30 to 45 million "private" insurance policies, reductions in work hours and folks paying more to the same (or fewer) care providers the public will know who to thank.

  7. #127
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,650

    Re: Republicans move to halt ObamaCare 'bailout' for angry unions

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    The blame others and praise Obama crowd.LOL.
    Your news media must have seceded already in Texas.
    You must skip all the obama-trash on DP.
    You saying Republicants,LOL.
    Nothing like Liberty folks standing on the sidelines blaming both parties.
    Do you support Ron Paul trashing the USA over 9/11.
    Still trying to change the subject, I see.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  8. #128
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,837

    Re: Republicans move to halt ObamaCare 'bailout' for angry unions

    Using your words is not changing the subject.
    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Still trying to change the subject, I see.

  9. #129
    Guru
    Diogenes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Seen
    10-11-13 @ 06:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,980

    Re: Republicans move to halt ObamaCare 'bailout' for angry unions

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    That is possible with a hamburger, since it is a product with a fixed cost. That is not possible with insurance, since it should be based on actuarial risk, because it is a service without a fixed cost. It may sound fair to say that everyone should pay "the same" for insurance yet we know that is not possible - even PPACA does not attempt that nonsense. In the liberal utopia, where unicorns graze and wind/solar provide unlimitted free energy, all is fair when "the rich" pay for most of everything and the rest pay some percentage of their meager incomes with the gov't running the show.
    Agreed, you cite valid reasons for treating people differently. But political preferences should not be the basis for exempting people from the law.
    "We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."
    - Abraham Lincoln

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •