Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: AFL-CIO calls ObamaCare 'highly disruptive' to union health plans

  1. #21
    Guru
    Samhain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:27 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,883

    Re: AFL-CIO calls ObamaCare 'highly disruptive' to union health plans

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    I started a thread in the general politics on the market place exchange that's worth a look-see. I'm sure you are familiar with what I posted because it looks like you are following it closely. The unions just got smacked down by Obama when they tried to lobby him for extra bennies.
    That was an interesting turn. I didn't realize that they were running multi-employer plans and those are exempt from subsidies, but does that also mean that small business association plans, like COSE, are also exempt?

  2. #22
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: AFL-CIO calls ObamaCare 'highly disruptive' to union health plans

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Obama is simultaneously in bed with his union buddies and destroying them. He is simultaneously a bumbling idiot and a devious stealth Muslim infiltrator bent on destroying America and freedom with this long-game three-dimensional chess match to implement socialist health care. He is simultaneously a Marxist and a Fascist. He is simultaneously worshiped by liberals as The Messiah and his approval ratings are tumbling because liberals can't stand him anymore.
    Sarcastically attempting to apply false narratives, characterizing your political opponents is no way to win an argument.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #23
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,933

    Re: AFL-CIO calls ObamaCare 'highly disruptive' to union health plans

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No, the "Heritage Foundation" claim is just cover. I'm pretty sure that the Heritage foundation didn't have in it 17 new hidden taxes. I'm pretty sure that the Heritage foundation didn't have in it thousands of pages of regulations.

    In any case, don't you think it might have helped this dud of a (now) law, if you progressive liberals would have been honest when passing it, let repubs into the process, not let the Apollo Alliance write the damned thing? Now your own liberal Union fellow travelers don't want it because they figured out it hits their Cadillac plans too, and you have trouble from within your own side of the isle....Not looking good.
    Liberal progressive bad herp derp.

    Nowhere did I read that they don't want it. That seems to be fabricated by you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  4. #24
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,933

    Re: AFL-CIO calls ObamaCare 'highly disruptive' to union health plans

    Quote Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
    That was an interesting turn. I didn't realize that they were running multi-employer plans and those are exempt from subsidies, but does that also mean that small business association plans, like COSE, are also exempt?
    I dunno. I have some digging to do myself. I'm thinking of getting with my employer to see if we can dig something up to help our coverage costs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  5. #25
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: AFL-CIO calls ObamaCare 'highly disruptive' to union health plans

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Liberal progressive bad herp derp.

    Nowhere did I read that they don't want it. That seems to be fabricated by you.
    No, you're right, just that they want their own carve out, special considerations....How it that "fair"? They backed the bill in becoming the steaming pile of a law it is today, but now don't want to have to abide by it....Ain't that great? Once again Liberal progressives only want laws that they themselves don't have to follow.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #26
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,933

    Re: AFL-CIO calls ObamaCare 'highly disruptive' to union health plans

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No, you're right, just that they want their own carve out, special considerations....How it that "fair"?
    It's not fair. Which is why Obama told them no. Meanwhile the banks get just about every carve out they ever ask for.

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac
    They backed the bill in becoming the steaming pile of a law it is today, but now don't want to have to abide by it....Ain't that great? Once again Liberal progressives only want laws that they themselves don't have to follow.
    Moar broken record claptrap.

    Librul progressive bad herp derp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  7. #27
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: AFL-CIO calls ObamaCare 'highly disruptive' to union health plans

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    It's not fair. Which is why Obama told them no. Meanwhile the banks get just about every carve out they ever ask for.
    Oh stop...Here, let me use your latest tactic on you....

    Obama good

    Banks bad, herp derp....

    More progressive clap trap....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •