Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 241

Thread: Debbie Wasserman Schultz on COL recall: 'Voter Suppression, Pure and Simple’

  1. #221
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,604

    Re: Debbie Wasserman Schultz on COL recall: 'Voter Suppression, Pure and Simple’

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    There were obviously those who did vote so they were knowledgeable enough to cast their ballots.

    Perhaps the Democrats are just bitter because they weren't as good as getting out the stupid people vote, which was done so well during the last presidential election.
    You really refuse to get it. The idea is not to outright create a illegal situation where you bar people from voting since that would be thrown out in a heartbeat. The idea is to create an environment where the poeple who you do not want to vote vote in lesser numbers than usual thereby giving you and advantage in winning. And that is what was done in Colorado with the barring of the mail in ballots when 70% of voters have used that method recently.

    You may want to do a quick mirror check because you elitism is shown with that remark about "the stupid people".
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #222
    Transcend~
    Empirica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lost at Sea
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 07:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,662

    Re: Debbie Wasserman Schultz on COL recall: 'Voter Suppression, Pure and Simple’

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    You really refuse to get it. The idea is not to outright create a illegal situation where you bar people from voting since that would be thrown out in a heartbeat. The idea is to create an environment where the poeple who you do not want to vote vote in lesser numbers than usual thereby giving you and advantage in winning. And that is what was done in Colorado with the barring of the mail in ballots when 70% of voters have used that method recently.

    You may want to do a quick mirror check because you elitism is shown with that remark about "the stupid people".
    It might be a good idea to discontinue mail in ballots in every state considering it presents the perfect opportunity for fraud_

    With the exception of course for the elderly, disabled, military personnel and anyone else who can prove reasonable circumstances will prevent them from accessing their assigned place of polling on election day_

    I don't see how such a policy could effect either political party any more than the other since it is not based on political affiliation_
    When a crime is ignored ~ it becomes flagrant;
    When a crime is rewarded ~ it becomes epidemic:

    No Amnesty No Exception

  3. #223
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: Debbie Wasserman Schultz on COL recall: 'Voter Suppression, Pure and Simple’

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    You really refuse to get it. The idea is not to outright create a illegal situation where you bar people from voting since that would be thrown out in a heartbeat. The idea is to create an environment where the poeple who you do not want to vote vote in lesser numbers than usual thereby giving you and advantage in winning. And that is what was done in Colorado with the barring of the mail in ballots when 70% of voters have used that method recently.

    You may want to do a quick mirror check because you elitism is shown with that remark about "the stupid people".
    Well then. Looks like the "blame" has to fall on the two that were recalled. They created the environment that led people to demand a recall vote. It's not an election that follows the calendar, it's one were enough people want them gone in a hurry. But even then the facts show nobody was "barred" from voting.
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  4. #224
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Debbie Wasserman Schultz on COL recall: 'Voter Suppression, Pure and Simple’

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    You really refuse to get it. The idea is not to outright create a illegal situation where you bar people from voting since that would be thrown out in a heartbeat. The idea is to create an environment where the poeple who you do not want to vote vote in lesser numbers than usual thereby giving you and advantage in winning. And that is what was done in Colorado with the barring of the mail in ballots when 70% of voters have used that method recently.

    You may want to do a quick mirror check because you elitism is shown with that remark about "the stupid people".
    It seems quite clear that nothing illegal was done and that many better informed voters did cast their ballots.

    Didn't mean any offense by the 'stupid people' remark but that seemed the best way to describe them.

  5. #225
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,604

    Re: Debbie Wasserman Schultz on COL recall: 'Voter Suppression, Pure and Simple’

    Quote Originally Posted by Empirica View Post
    It might be a good idea to discontinue mail in ballots in every state considering it presents the perfect opportunity for fraud_
    By all means do present your verifiable information that mail in ballots create election fraud.

    And lets flush this silly idea about it presents opportunity for fraud. Every election procedure could be said to present opportunity for fraud if one is devious enough, clever enough and unprincipled enough to attempt it.
    Last edited by haymarket; 09-19-13 at 09:08 AM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #226
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,604

    Re: Debbie Wasserman Schultz on COL recall: 'Voter Suppression, Pure and Simple’

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    It seems quite clear that nothing illegal was done and that many better informed voters did cast their ballots.

    Didn't mean any offense by the 'stupid people' remark but that seemed the best way to describe them.
    Again - your elitism is showing with this silly comment about "better informed voters". I did not realize there was a knowledge test in order to exercise your Constitutional right to vote.

    Nothing illegal done? What about what I have repeatedly said do you not get.......... or better yet forget that question since it is painfully obvious that you do indeed get it but simply refuse to admit it because it destroys your argument. One cannot simply institute a clearly ILLEGAL system to prevent voting since it would be quickly slapped down and thrown out. To gain an advantage, what you do is to shape the rules or election methodologies in such a way as to stay within the bounds of what is LEGAL but to give your side a clear advantage through clever manipulation.

    This would include such chicanery as supplying opposing precincts with less voting machines and workers thereby creating long lines knowing that potential voters may become discouraged and simply go home and what was done in this Colorado recall where the method used by 70% of voters was thrown out and barred from use.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #227
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,604

    Re: Debbie Wasserman Schultz on COL recall: 'Voter Suppression, Pure and Simple’

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    Well then. Looks like the "blame" has to fall on the two that were recalled. They created the environment that led people to demand a recall vote. It's not an election that follows the calendar, it's one were enough people want them gone in a hurry. But even then the facts show nobody was "barred" from voting.
    Actually the 70% of people who vote by mail in ballots were indeed manipulated so that many would not vote.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  8. #228
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,343

    Re: Debbie Wasserman Schultz on COL recall: 'Voter Suppression, Pure and Simple’

    DWS is at best slimy and not someone I would ever want to find myself defending. Of course, she probably doesn't think that the word infringement (a noun based on verb to infringe) is in the Constitution.

  9. #229
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Debbie Wasserman Schultz on COL recall: 'Voter Suppression, Pure and Simple’

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    By all means do present your verifiable information that mail in ballots create election fraud.

    And lets flush this silly idea about it presents opportunity for fraud. Every election procedure could be said to present opportunity for fraud if one is devious enough, clever enough and unprincipled enough to attempt it.
    Ballot-fraud convictions shed light on Obama's '08 campaign | The Daily Caller

  10. #230
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Debbie Wasserman Schultz on COL recall: 'Voter Suppression, Pure and Simple’

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Again - your elitism is showing with this silly comment about "better informed voters". I did not realize there was a knowledge test in order to exercise your Constitutional right to vote.
    No, there is no knowledge test required to vote which largely explains why the Democrats have done so well. If some voters understand that there have been changes made I would say they are better informed' while those who don't know about the changes would be 'less informed'.

    Nothing illegal done? What about what I have repeatedly said do you not get.......... or better yet forget that question since it is painfully obvious that you do indeed get it but simply refuse to admit it because it destroys your argument.
    It was you who said nothing illegal was done.
    One cannot simply institute a clearly ILLEGAL system to prevent voting since it would be quickly slapped down and thrown out. To gain an advantage, what you do is to shape the rules or election methodologies in such a way as to stay within the bounds of what is LEGAL but to give your side a clear advantage through clever manipulation.
    Then nothing illegal was done, correct?
    This would include such chicanery as supplying opposing precincts with less voting machines and workers thereby creating long lines knowing that potential voters may become discouraged and simply go home and what was done in this Colorado recall where the method used by 70% of voters was thrown out and barred from use.
    It seems that ballot rigging has been going at least since the days of (D) Boss Tweed and yet no uniform system has yet been established. Whose fault is that?

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •